v15: Material for inclusion

berelinde

My objection is to setting a precedent of extensive, individualized tp2 checks. Currently, it's 1) Is mod A installed? 2) Is mod B installed? 3) Install crossmod. That's it. I'd like to keep it that way.

And I realized on the way home that it totally doesn't matter if both the mod and CBP install the same material. As long as the variables are the same, it will only fire once. Yeah, you're asking the player to download a few KB extra, but that's about the only thing it affects. In other words, go ahead and put it in both places. The player will only see it once per game regardless.

The deadline for material for v15 is SEPTEMBER 1, 2012. If you have banter and you want it to go into the Crossmod Banter Pack, it has to be submitted and approved by all involved modders by September 1. Anything received after that date will have to wait until v16.

Hey guys, Smiling Imp here. Just wanted to add a contribution between my mod and some of Lava's.

W/ Varshoon

Varshoon/Shar-Teel
CHAIN IF  ~Global("SharTeelVarshoon","GLOBAL",0)InParty("Varshoon")
!StateCheck("Varshoon",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InParty("7XSHAR")~THEN B7Xshar SharVarsh_1
~I cannot believe that <CHARNAME> would have us travel with such a foul beast!~
=
~Ugh! I think I'm going to lose my stomach just looking at it!~ [shart1]
DO ~SetGlobal("SharTeelVarshoon","GLOBAL",1)~
== VxVarB ~(Varshoon observes the amazon in silence.)~
== B7Xshar ~SPEAK if you can, squid face! Speak, or I'll cut every tentacle from that ugly face of yours!~ [shart8]
== VxVarB ~*I shall enjoy feasting on this mammal's psyche.*~
EXIT
CHAIN IF  ~Global("SharTeelVarshoon","GLOBAL",1)InParty("Varshoon")
!StateCheck("Varshoon",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InParty("7XSHAR")~THEN VxVarB SharVarsh_2
~*I know the reason that you behave the way that you do, mammal. It is because of your father.*~
DO ~SetGlobal("SharTeelVarshoon","GLOBAL",2)~
== B7Xshar ~By Shar! I swear that if you don't out of my thoughts, I will smite you down without a second thought!~ [sharty]
== VxVarB ~*Your anger does not hide the truth from me, mammal. I can see your thoughts.*~
== B7Xshar ~I spit on your truth, you miserable octopus dung!~ [shart9]
== VxVarB ~(Varshoon starts walking away in silence.)~
=
~*You mammals are all so stubborn and thoughtless.*~
EXIT

//////////
Varshoon/Garrick
CHAIN IF  ~Global("GarrickVarshoon","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("Varshoon")!StateCheck("Varshoon",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InParty("7XGAR")!StateCheck("7XGAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN B7XGar VarshGarrick_1
~My good, Varshoon! You are curious about life on the surface, but living does not consist of sitting in a temple in the Underdark and getting rheumatism from the cold stones.~ [garricka]
=
~There is only one way, really, to get into a good state of living, and that's to go out there and live!~ [garrickh] DO ~SetGlobal("GarrickVarshoon","GLOBAL",1)~
== VxVarB ~*What foolishness.*~
== B7XGar ~Now don't be a sour squid!~
=
~You should come with me some time to the Golden Dragonne Theatre in the Wave District. Ooooh! They have the best shrimp skewer there! It's to die for!~
== VxVarB ~*It seems some of you mammals can have both chaotic minds, or simply nothing. An empty skull.*~
== B7XGar ~Aaaah! I can tell that this is going to be another exciting chapter in the Ballad of brave Brave Sir Garrick!~ [garrickp]
EXIT
CHAIN IF  ~Global("GarrickVarshoon","GLOBAL",1)
InParty("7XGAR")!StateCheck("7XGAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN B7XGar VarshGarrick_2
~You know Varshoon, having you around has proved pretty useful, but I wonder if we cannot find an even better use for you.~
=
~I know! You could attend one of my performances of the Ballad of brave Brave Sir Garrick and tell me what the audience is thinking before I go on.~ DO ~SetGlobal("GarrickVarshoon","GLOBAL",2)~
== VxVarB ~*You do not want to know what the others think of you, mammal.*~
== B7XGar ~That way we can clear out the critics and hecklers before I begin. *sigh* You would not believe how jealous people can become when you are a famous musician.~ [garrick5]
== VxVarB ~*You must be blessed, mammal, because a creature with your stupidity should have surely died long ago.*~
== B7XGar ~Well now! Who would have thought that an evil, squid-headed creature from the Underdark could be so rude?~ [garrick6]
EXIT
/////////////

Varshoon/Yeslick
CHAIN IF  ~Global("YeslickVarshoon","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("7XYES")!StateCheck("7XYES",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN VxVarB VarshYeslick_1
~*Small dwarf mammals appear to be wasteful.*~
=
~*Very inventive and yet they destroy their minds with pint after pint of ale.*~ DO ~SetGlobal("YeslickVarshoon","GLOBAL",1)~
== B7XYES ~By Clangeddin's Silver beard! Traveling with a mind flayer is such a shale idea.~
=
~Don't be tryin' ta read my mind monster, or I swear to you in stone and steel, that ye shall be kissin' my boot!~
== VxVarB ~*It's difficult to harvest any knowledge from such a primitive mammal as you are.*~
EXIT

/////////////////
Varshoon/Eldoth
CHAIN IF  ~Global("EldothVarshoon","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("7XELDOT")!StateCheck("7XELDOT",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN B7XEldo EldothVarsh_1
~It is my belief that there is no good or evil, just the charming and the tedious.~ [eldoth24] DO ~SetGlobal("EldothVarshoon","GLOBAL",1)~
== B7XEldo ~Where do you fit in, mind flayer?~
== VxVarB ~*You have something in common with a drow, mammal, yet you can hardly compare with their intellect. Still guiding your leader into danger seems to give you undoubtable joy.*~
== B7XEldo ~One such as you could prove to be useful to me once a few things change around here. I just wonder if you can be trusted.~ [eldoth26]
== VxVarB ~*You can trust that when the time is correct, mammal, I will pull your brain out from your ears.*~
== B7XEldo ~Hahaha! It won't be long now.~
EXIT
CHAIN IF  ~Global("EldothVarshoon","GLOBAL",1)
InParty("7XELDOT")!StateCheck("7XELDOT",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN VxVarB EldothVarsh_2
~*Don't think that your plan to have us killed has gone unnoticed, mammal. You cannot keep secrets from me.*~ DO ~SetGlobal("EldothVarshoon","GLOBAL",2)~
== B7XEldo ~Nor should I have to. We both know that joining with me is the best chance of survival.~
=
~I mean, how much knowledge can you gather when you stay with the side that gets slaughtered?~ [eldoth12]
== VxVarB ~*Your plan is flawed and will fail*~
== B7XEldo ~Really? If that were the case, why haven't you told <CHARNAME> about all this?~
=
~No, you have considered my plan.. I know it.
== VxVarB ~*Perhaps I will tell the one who calls <PRO_HIMHER> a leader, when the time is correct, mammal. Although seeing you killing each other is a temptating vision*~
== B7XEldo ~Ha! Play the percentages. That's what a smart thief like me would do.~
=
~But when all your mathematics is over with, you'll come to the inevitable conclusion that I am correct and you won't even have to tell me.. I'll know you are thinking it. Hahaha!~
EXIT
///////////
Varshoon/Branwen
CHAIN IF ~Global("BranwenVarshoon","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("Varshoon")!StateCheck("Varshoon",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)InParty("7XBRAN")
!StateCheck("7XBRAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN 7XBRANB BranwenVarsh_1
~I do not understand what <CHARNAME> is thinking as of late. Surely, traveling with an evil creature such as a mind flayer shall bring the wrath of Tempus upon us.~ DO ~Global("BranwenVarshoon","GLOBAL",1)~
== VxVarB ~*Your belief in your primitive gods makes you weak and illogical, mammal.*~
== 7XBRANB ~Silence your evil thoughts, creature! Your blasphemy will get us all killed!~
== VxVarB ~*Foolish mammal. You will be even more lost when you learn the truth that we, Illithid, created life on this world and not your your false gods.*~
== 7XBRANB ~Your treachery will not sway me, fiend! I know the gods exist! You shall learn that as well before you scuttle back into that slime pit in the Underdark from whence you came.~
== VxVarB ~*Continue to live in the darkness of your own ignorance if you like.. I care not.*~
EXIT
CHAIN IF ~Global("BranwenVarshoon","GLOBAL",1)
InParty("Varshoon")!StateCheck("Varshoon",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)InParty("7XBRAN")
!StateCheck("7XBRAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN VxVarB BranwenVarsh_2
~*You possess a strong mental fortitude for a female of your race, mammal, but your need to compete with the expectations the males will lead to your downfall.*~ DO ~Global("BranwenVarshoon","GLOBAL",2)~
== 7XBRANB ~What do I care what you think, Illithid?~
== VxVarB ~*Perhaps because I am just bringing light to a truth already in your mind.*~
== 7XBRANB ~Cease your mind probing, creature, or you will find yourself kissing Valkur's strapping buttocks!~ [branwenx]
== VxVarB ~*Primitive mammal.*~
EXIT

w/Aeon

Shar-Teel/Aeon
CHAIN
IF ~InParty("AEONDV")!StateCheck("AEONDV",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InParty("7XSHAR")!StateCheck("7XSHAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Global("SharteelAeon","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN B7Xshar SharAeon_1
~Don't think for a second that just because you wield an elven moonblade that you can withstand the might of a Nightbringer of Shar.~
=
~To me you are nothing but a worthless thief!~ [shartf] DO ~SetGlobal("SharteelAeon","GLOBAL",1)~
== 1XAEONB ~I once wrote a poem about a warrior that reminded me of you. They thought they were invincible and insisted on charging head strong into every battle.~
=
~That is until a hidden trap cut off their legs. Would you like to hear it?~
== B7Xshar ~No! I don't want to hear it, you pathetic male dung heap!~ [shart7]
=
~What I want is for you to steer clear of my sword arc in battle, thief. I wouldn't to cleave off your head on accident.~ [shartk]
== 1XAEONB ~If you are going to act like such a bitch, don't be surprised if I miss a trap or two in those dark passageways.~
== B7Xshar ~You speak like you are a true killer, Aeon, but even with that moonblade, you are nothing but a coward.~
=
~Only cowards resort to laying traps.~ [sharto]
== 1XAEONB ~Ha! And only a brainless bimbo would go charging in without a good thief checking the way first.~
== B7Xshar ~Your petty skills can be done be a great deal of others, thief, but only a true master can overcome the riddle of steel!~ [shartt]
== 1XAEONB ~Whatever..~
EXIT

CHAIN
Global("SharteelAeon","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN 1XAEONB SharAeon_2
~So Shar-Teel.. You Nightbringers are all blade masters, are you?~ DO ~SetGlobal("SharteelAeon","GLOBAL",2)~
== 1XAEONB ~How about giving me a pointer with my sword technique?~
== B7Xshar ~Why would I want to help a worthless male dung heap like you, Aeon?~ [shart7]
== 1XAEONB ~Because having a capable warrior at your side will prove beneficial in the long run.Plus if you do, perhaps I will be more careful and I won't miss a trap that might spring as you walk by, and just maybe, we can start trusting one another.~
=
~You know my skills have saved you more than once already.~
== B7Xshar ~Ha! How do I know that those feeble arms of yours will be able to keep up?~
== 1XAEONB ~Don't worry about me.~
== B7Xshar ~Just remember that having that elven blade doesn't make you a warrior, thief!~
== 1XAEONB ~If we are going to do this, we are going to have to start working on your people skills.~
EXIT
CHAIN
Global("SharteelAeon","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN B7Xshar SharAeon_3
~You have proved to me that you are not as useless as I had originally anticipated, Aeon.~ DO ~SetGlobal("SharteelAeon","GLOBAL",3)~
== B7Xshar ~Even if you are a male swine that wallows in his own filth.~
== 1XAEONB ~Hahaha! Coming from you, Shar-Teel, that sounds like a compliment...~
=
~Almost.~
== B7Xshar ~You have managed to live longer then I had anticpated, thief. Don't get yourself killed now because of an arrogant mistake.~
== 1XAEONB ~Is that concern that I hear in your voice?~
== B7Xshar ~Don't be absurd, thief! If a vampire drained you of your life in the next minute, I would not shed a tear.~
=
~I just hate to think that the time that I invested training you was a complete waste of time.~
== 1XAEONB ~He! And just when I was beginning to think that their was an understanding between us.~
EXIT
//////////////////////////////////
Branwen/Aeon
CHAIN
InParty("7XBRAN")!StateCheck("7XBRAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Global("BranwenAeon","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN 7XBRANB BranwenAeon_1
~I view you being here with us as a good omen from Tempus.~ DO ~SetGlobal("BranwenAeon","GLOBAL",1)~
== 1XAEONB ~What are you talking about, Branwen?~
== 7XBRANB ~With the infinite possibilities of people that we could encounter, to meet a human with moonblade. Surely the gods are smiling upon us.~
== 1XAEONB ~Prophecy.. destiny?! Is that what you are talking about? Ha! I don't know about all that.~
=
~I'm not sure if fate or prophecy even exist. It's just one's will.~
== 7XBRANB ~One does not need to believe in the work of the gods to be part of it.~
EXIT
CHAIN
InParty("7XBRAN")!StateCheck("7XBRAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Global("BranwenAeon","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN 1XAEONB BranwenAeon_2
~Branwen, have you thought of giving up on your dream of becoming a priest?~ DO ~SetGlobal("BranwenAeon","GLOBAL",2)~
== 7XBRANB ~All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.~
== 1XAEONB ~Well, if after all this time, you are still teaching tutorials.. I think you might want to think about something else.~
== 7XBRANB ~A dream doesn't become reality through magic, Aeon. It takes sweat, determination and hard work.~
EXIT

////////////////////////////////
Yeslick/Aeon
CHAIN
InParty("7XYES")!StateCheck("7XYES",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Global("YeslickAeon","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN B7XYES YeslickAeon_1
~Ya might think that blade of yers is fancy stuff, aye, but I find that all elven-forged weapons are full of shale! Not even fit for Goblins, I tell ya.~ DO ~SetGlobal("YeslickAeon","GLOBAL",1)~
== 1XAEONB ~I don't know, it has served me pretty well thus far.~
== B7XYES ~Bah! Get yerself a dwarven axe boy! Now that be a true warrior's weapon!~
== 1XAEONB ~How about we have a friendly duel some time to settle the matter?~
== B7XYES ~Do not underestimate me cause of my size, Aeon. Even a clot of sand can sharpen an axe.~
== 1XAEONB ~I don't question your heart, Yeslick.. Just the reach of your weapon arm.~
== B7XYES ~Do not mine a Volcano, boy!~
=
~Ya have got talent, but ye have no edge. Yer unfired, impure and smell like last night's ale. I'll have to smelt ya something fierce before yer worthy.~
== 1XAEONB ~We'll see.~
EXIT
CHAIN
InParty("7XYES")!StateCheck("7XYES",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Global("YeslickAeon","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN 1XAEONB YeslickAeon_2
~You know Yeslick, in a way, your life is like a poem.~ DO ~SetGlobal("YeslickAeon","GLOBAL",2)~
== B7XYES ~Lords of Beer and Piss, man! Has your forge gone cold?~
== 1XAEONB ~It may be a tragic poem, but the way in which you have overcome such adversity after losing your clan is as inspirational about any quatrain about a beautiful Spring day.~
== B7XYES ~I think ye have finally gone over the mountain.~
EXIT
/////////////////////
Garrick/Aeon
CHAIN
InParty("7XGAR")!StateCheck("7XGAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Global("AeonGarrick","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN B7XGar AeonGarrick_1
~You know, Aeon.. With your skills in poetry and my fabulous singing voice, we could make quite the combo. We could even be better than the original Dale Wind Troubadours.~ DO ~SetGlobal("AeonGarrick","GLOBAL",1)~
== B7XGar ~Have you given any thought as to what you will do after all this questing is over with?~
== 1XAEONB ~Right now I am just taking life one day at a time.~
== B7XGar ~Well, if during all this adventuring, if you should want to put something down on quill and parchment, let me know. I think a brainstorm bewtween Aeon and Brave Sir garrick could have some wonderous results.~
== 1XAEONB ~Maybe later, when we have time.~
EXIT
CHAIN
InParty("7XGAR")!StateCheck("7XGAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Global("AeonGarrick","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN 1XAEONB AeonGarrick_2
~You know Garrick.. After going over the new chapter in the Ballad of brave Brave Sir Garrick, I found some inconsistencies.~ DO ~SetGlobal("AeonGarrick","GLOBAL",2)~
== B7XGar ~Really? Please elaborate.~
== 1XAEONB ~Well, I'm sure this part where we slayed a dragon mounted upon pegasi never happened.~
== B7XGar ~It's symbolism.~
== 1XAEONB ~And then there is this part about nothing being able to withstand the steel that flowed in our veins. I don't know.. It seems like you are overdoing it there.~
== B7XGar ~That? It's a metaphor.~
== 1XAEONB ~Yeah.. And what about this part about every woman falling over with desire for you.~
== B7XGar ~Now that part is completely true.~
EXIT

w/Petsy

Petsy/Shar-Teel
CHAIN
IF ~InParty("L3Petsy")!StateCheck("7XSHAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)Global("SharTeelPetsy","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("7XSHAR")!StateCheck("7XSHAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN B7Xshar PetsyShar_1
~Just because you are small woman, Petsy, you are still a woman. Don't think yourself second to any man.~ [shart0] DO ~SetGlobal("SharTeelPetsy","GLOBAL",1)~
== L3PetsyB ~Thank you, Shar-Teel. That means a lot coming from a great warrior like you.~
=
~I've seen how you wield that weapon of yours and all I can say is, YIKES!~
== B7Xshar ~If you would like, little one, I could show you a few things with a blade.~
== L3PetsyB ~Really? Oh, that would be great! Imagine me, fighting evil and righting all the wrong in Amn.~
=
~Do you think that I could ever be as good as you are, Shar-Teel?~
== B7Xshar ~Don't be silly, child. There are sword masters that train their whole lives that have half my skill.~
=
~I will however, keep you from getting yourself killed.~
== L3PetsyB ~That works for me too. I suppose...~
EXIT

CHAIN
IF ~InParty("L3Petsy")!StateCheck("7XSHAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)Global("SharTeelPetsy","GLOBAL",1)
InParty("7XSHAR")!StateCheck("7XSHAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN L3PetsyB PetsyShar_2
~You know something, Shar-Teel? I have learned a great deal from traveling with you.. I've become a better fighter and am much more confident as a consequence.~  DO ~SetGlobal("SharTeelPetsy","GLOBAL",2)~
== L3PetsyB ~However, I think it is my turn to be the teacher for once.~
== B7Xshar ~Oh? And what could you teach me, little one?~
== L3PetsyB ~I could teach you how to really appreciate the finer things. Afterall, not everything in life is blood and guts in the arena you know.~
== B7Xshar ~For me, spilling fresh blood and guts on the arena floor is one of the few things that I really do appreciate.~
== L3PetsyB ~Oh, but you are missing so much.~
== B7Xshar ~For example?~
== L3PetsyB ~Well, don't you ever want to fall in love with the man of your dreams?~
== B7Xshar ~Hahahaha! You have the wrong woman, Petsy.~
== L3PetsyB ~I don't know. You act like you are strong as steel all the time, but I have a feeling, that deep down inside, you need love just like anyone else.~
== B7Xshar ~What I need, little one, is a sharper blade to better slay my enemies.~
== L3PetsyB ~Love can cut deeper than the sharpest blade, that is, when one is deprived of it.~
=
~~At least that's what they say. But, don't get me wrong! I don't want to force you. If you want me to teach you something else I can...~
=
~I can... hmm...~
=
~I can teach you how to prepare some delicious scones! With... with blueberries! They are just...divine!~
== B7Xshar ~Some man tried to put me in housewife's role once, Petsy. He lost both his hands with a single cut.~
EXIT
//////////////////

Petsy/Garrick
CHAIN
IF ~InParty("L3Petsy")!StateCheck("7XSHAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)Global("SharTeelPetsy","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("7XGAR")!StateCheck("7XGAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN B7XGar GarrickPetsy_1
~Petsy Chattertone, Petsy Chattertone... Who with her sparkling charisma, will never be alone.~ DO ~SetGlobal("SharTeelPetsy","GLOBAL",1)~
== L3PetsyB ~Oh Garrick, you are so silly.~
=
~You know, I have been a big fan of yours ever since you started with the Dale Wind Troubadours. You were a star, even back then.~
== B7XGar ~Oh stop it!~
=
~Anyways, what about you? Don't be so modest Petsy. Even in Beregost, we heard of your adventures.~
== L3PetsyB ~Don't pull my leg, Garrick.~
== B7XGar ~Sincerely, my dear, we bards have quite a network spread around Amn. You cannot have a talent like you out there without any of us knowing about it.~
== L3PetsyB ~Oh! I think I'm going to cry!~
== B7XGar ~You know, we should start a group. I have been meaning to get a good group together ever since those thieves from the Dale Wind Troubadours were caught.~
=
~With your skills, we could create something really special.~
== L3PetsyB ~Are you kidding me? That sounds like it would be a dream come true!~
== B7XGar ~Of course we'll have to wait until our service with <CHARNAME> is over, but our adventures with <PRO_HIMHER> will help give us ideas.~
== L3PetsyB ~Oh, what a wonderful day! I have to write about this in my journal.~
EXIT
CHAIN
IF ~InParty("L3Petsy")!StateCheck("7XSHAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)Global("SharTeelPetsy","GLOBAL",1)
InParty("7XGAR")!StateCheck("7XGAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN L3PetsyB GarrickPetsy_2
~How is it that some lucky lady has not sun her claws into you Garrick? You are such a catch!~ DO ~SetGlobal("SharTeelPetsy","GLOBAL",2)~
== B7XGar ~This is true, this is true. Although, as I have gained in wisdom, I have learned that it is not the quantity of the women, but the quality.~
== L3PetsyB ~Oh! Anyone lucky enough to be with you must be one classy girl.~
== B7XGar ~Again, you speak the truth, Petsy, but please stop it. You are embarrassing me!~
=
~Well.. Go one, if you want to.~
== L3PetsyB ~Well it is easy when you have such a loveable man as you to talk about.~
== B7XGar ~Go on...~
== L3PetsyB ~What is wrong with these women, that they cannot see a good thing when it is right in front of them?~
== B7XGar ~These looks.. Seem like they would be a blessing, but they are really a curse.~
== L3PetsyB ~That Lady Irlana was a fool for choosing that Cyrando instead of a dreamy bard like you.~
== B7XGar ~All of the sudden, I don't feel so good.~
EXIT

I think it is just to be compiled if my and his mods are installed. Then the new file can replace the old one - in the new Skie is to make an ultimatum in Eldoth's joining dialogue.

I prepared a lot of crossmod talks for Skie and other NPCs but I am still waiting for some feedback from some modders. I managed to contact K'aeloree (for Arath and Xulaye), Kulyok (Xan, Tiax and Coran) + crossmod talks with my own NPCs (Yvette, Swylif, Quayle, Aeon, Varshoon, Petsy). I talked to Kitanna (Neh'taniel) and it's ok with her, but still I want her to see the dialogues first. Some talks were sent also to SisterVigilante (Angelo).

And there is one problem - what if I want to write (or have already written talks, huh) with NPCs, but their author(s) retired? I have one talk for Valen and some more for Yasraena and Saerileth. Should I ask CoM_Solaufein?

Smiling Imp, can you explain exactly what's meant to happen with that file?

I think it is just to be compiled if my and his mods are installed. Then the new file can replace the old one - in the new Skie is to make an ultimatum in Eldoth's joining dialogue.

Right. Not sure if you guys do that or not, but I thought I put in here just in case.

Hey guys, Smiling Imp, back again to drop off some more crossbanter stuff between my version of Shar-Teel and SV's Angelo. One thing to note however, a disclaimer must be added so that players know, if they are planning on romancing Angelo, these dialogs will not be thematically compatible with the rest of SV's storyline.

CHAIN
IF ~InParty("ADAngel")InParty("7XSHAR")
!StateCheck("ADAngel",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)!StateCheck("7XSHAR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
Global("AngeloSharTeel","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BADANGEL AngeloSharReunion1
~It has been a long time, Sheela.~
DO ~SetGlobal("AngeloSharTeel","GLOBAL",1)~
== B7Xshar ~How dare you call me that name, you swine?~ [shartd]
== BADANGEL ~Because I am your father and that is your name.~
== B7Xshar ~Father? Bah! You are nothing of the sort!~
=
~You are nothing more than a cowardly thief, who lacked the strength to even protect my mother
from mere bandits.~
== BADANGEL ~I would have protected her had I been there, but you know that I was away on duty.~
== B7Xshar ~Yes, because protecting rich strangers is more important than protecting your own
family. You males all sicken me!~ [shart9]
== BADANGEL ~Sheela I know you are still angry about what happened, but I loved your mother..
same as I love you.~
== B7Xshar ~Hold your tongue, you scum!~ [sharty]
EXIT
CHAIN
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
Global("AngeloSharTeel","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BADANGEL AngeloSharTeel2
~Okay Sheela, how about a friendly duel between us two, for old times sake?~
DO ~SetGlobal("AngeloSharTeel","GLOBAL",2)~
== B7Xshar ~Are you not afraid that I might be tempted to cut off your miserable head?~
== BADANGEL ~Meh.. I'll take my chances.~
== B7Xshar ~Don't flatter yourself, you haven't got a chance. I am twice the warrior that I was
when I defeated you those many years ago.~
== BADANGEL ~You mean the time that I let you win?~
== B7Xshar ~Lies do not become you, old man. I had the power of a Nightbringer of Shar flowing
through my veins that day! You did not stand a chance!~
== BADANGEL ~The true lie is the one that you told yourself, Sheela, that Shar came to you that
night. You are not a Nightbringer.~
=
~That is the lie that you created to deal with the despair that you felt over your mother's
death. You are just an angry lost little girl, searching for a way to end the pain.~
== B7Xshar ~No, old man! But I will end your pain and suffering if you call me a little girl
again.~
== BADANGEL ~You always did have a temper on you.~
EXIT
CHAIN
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
Global("AngeloSharTeel","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN B7Xshar AngeloSharTeel3
~Your time serving with Sarevok must have ruined your skills, old man, for you are far weaker
than I remember you.~
DO ~SetGlobal("AngeloSharTeel","GLOBAL",3)~
== BADANGEL ~Don't be so eager to count me out just yet, my daughter.. There still might be a
trick or two that I haven't taught you yet.~
== B7Xshar ~Ha! The only thing that you ever learned from you is a distrust of men.~
== BADANGEL ~Don't forget about riding a horse.~
== B7Xshar ~Such a noble act.~
== BADANGEL ~I did what I could, including teaching you how to defend yourself.~
== B7Xshar ~The feeble techniques that you taught me are nothing compared to the mastery of steel
that I have learned as a Nightbringer of Shar!~
== BADANGEL ~Yes, of course, now it is all about Shar, but back in those days, you were content
just running around the Flaming Fist barracks, pretending to be your father on some quest.~
== B7Xshar ~..... Foolish illusions of a child... nothing more.~
EXIT

Smiling Imp & Lava, can you absolutely guarantee that all we need to do is compile that file if both mods are installed (and nothing else), and that it is thoroughly tested and you are 100% sure it is working? I just want to make absolutely sure.

As for actual inclusion, I'll defer to berelinde's judgement here. :)

We definitely need both authors to post permission for all banters, cheers.

Archived