Minor Arkushule bug?

Guest Urmstone

Guest Urmstone

Speaking with Arkushule (palm reading mage in lighthouse area) should result in her turning hostile if you follow the right conversation options (basically repeatedly asking her what she saw in your palm). Whenever I do this now, it takes two goes - first time after running through the conversation, she remains non-hostile with a blue marker. The second time you run through the same conversation thread (she acts as if you never spoke to her the first time), she goes red.

I tried this several times with reloads and the same thing happened every time. Not sure if the culprit is BG NPC or SCS unfortunately.

Guest Urmstone

BG NPC v12 beta 2, plus SCS 3.01.

I also use:

EasyTutu TOB (dated 25 August)

1 PP artwork mod v2

Degreenifier v4

GUI v1.7

Could be EasyTutu itself I suppose, I can't see it being the other three mods since they are all cosmetic.

You're running the same versions I am I think, so I'm stumped. Looking at the code, I can't spot anything obvious, but I'll post it here if anyone has any comments.

BEGIN ~_ARKUSH~

IF ~True()
~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
 SAY #86633 /* ~Who might you be then?  Ahh, great adventurers no doubt?  I could tell by your hands.  Stained with magic and the effort of hefting a weapon.  Such markings may be invisible to the average eye, but I can see them plain as day.  I can see a lot plain as day.  Care for a consultation?  Perhaps a little old fashioned palm reading?  A little gypsy magic to steer your course straight and true?~ */
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86634 /* ~Begone.  I have no use for your rambling incantations.  I have access to my own magic.~ */ GOTO 1
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86635 /* ~I see no harm in a little divination on your part.  Here is my palm.  What does it tell you?~ */ GOTO 2
 IF ~Global("DynaheirArkushule","GLOBAL",0)
IfValidForPartyDialogue("dynaheir")
!Dead("dynaheir")
!StateCheck("dynaheir",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("DynaheirArkushule","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_DYNAHJ~ 106
 IF ~Global("X#EdwinArkushule","GLOBAL",0)
IfValidForPartyDialogue("edwin")
!Dead("edwin")
!StateCheck("edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#EdwinArkushule","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_EDWINJ~ 89
 IF ~Global("X#VicArku","GLOBAL",0)
IfValidForPartyDialogue("viconia")
!Dead("viconia")
!StateCheck("viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#VicArku","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_VICONJ~ 90
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from: 0.0
 SAY #86636 /* ~No doubt you do, but what I offer is not magic in your sense, but rather a reading of YOU.  Nothing to do with summoning energy, just the reading of that which is already there.  Give me your palm and I shall demonstrate.~ */
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86637 /* ~I have no interest!  Twice I have said this, so leave me be!~ */ GOTO 9
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86638 /* ~If you feel you must, then I see no harm.~ */ GOTO 2
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from: 1.1 0.1
 SAY #86639 /* ~Let's have a look now.  Interesting.  Though you live the hard life now, your hand tells of a softer existence not long ago.  I assume that you have just recently taken to the road?~ */
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86640 /* ~That much is true, yes.  Do go on.~ */ GOTO 3
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86641 /* ~I do not wish to know your opinion of my manicure.  enough of this foolishness.~ */ GOTO 9
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from: 2.0
 SAY #86642 /* ~I thought as much.  Lets have a little closer look now.  Back down your life line.  I see a scholarly influence, and you are well educated.  You had a mentor that was a great sage?  Perhaps of considerable power as well?~ */
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86643 /* ~My foster father Gorion was a sage, and a bit of a mage as well.  Go on.~ */ GOTO 4
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86644 /* ~Oh, end this game.  I do not wish to indulge this any further.~ */ GOTO 9
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from: 3.0
 SAY #86645 /* ~You had a reasonably happy childhood with him, aside from being a little difficult.  My my, but you were quite the little hellion.  Wonder where that comes from?  Let's see what we can't learn about you back before this Gorion.  Further back I see... I see... Madre de merced!  I-see-a-long-and-happy-life-for-you-and-yours.  10 gold please and I'll be on my way.~ */
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86646 /* ~Well, a happy ending after all.  Here's your gold.  Thanks for the reading.~ */ GOTO 5
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86647 /* ~What?  What is it that you saw?~ */ GOTO 6
 IF ~Global("XzarArkushule","GLOBAL",0)
IfValidForPartyDialogue("xzar")
!Dead("xzar")
!StateCheck("xzar",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
IfValidForPartyDialogue("montaron")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("XzarArkushule","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_XZARJ~ 111
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from: 7.1 6.0 4.0
 SAY #86648 /* ~I change my mind, I shan't touch it!  I take nothing from you!  Leave me!~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~EscapeArea()
~ EXIT
 IF ~Global("SafArkush5","GLOBAL",0)
!StateCheck("safana",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("SafArkush5","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_SAFANJ~ 7
 IF ~Global("X#ImoenArkushule1","GLOBAL",0)
IfValidForPartyDialogue("imoen")
!Dead("imoen")
!StateCheck("imoen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ImoenArkushule1","GLOBAL",1)
EscapeArea()
~ EXTERN ~_IMOEN2~ 175
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 6 // from: 4.1
 SAY #86649 /* ~I saw nothing!  You will live long and enjoy life and I will be going now!  Back from me!~ */
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86650 /* ~Suit yourself.  Here is the gold you asked for.~ */ GOTO 5
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86651 /* ~You must tell me, please dear lady.~ */ GOTO 7
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 7 // from: 6.1
 SAY #86652 /* ~I have told all I am going to.  Stay back from me!  Your life is none of my affair!~ */
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86653 /* ~Please, I don't mean to be rude.  Just tell me what your vision revealed.~ */ GOTO 8
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #86654 /* ~As you would have it.  here is the gold you asked for.~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from: 7.0
 SAY #86655 /* ~Stay away from me!  I warn you, I'll not let you near me!~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~Enemy()
~ EXIT
 IF ~Global("SafArkush8","GLOBAL",0)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("SafArkush8","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_SAFANJ~ 8
 IF ~Global("X#ImoenArkushule2","GLOBAL",0)
!Dead("imoen")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ImoenArkushule2","GLOBAL",1)
Enemy()
~ EXTERN ~_IMOEN2~ 176
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 9 // from: 3.1 2.1 1.0
 SAY #86656 /* ~If that is what you wish, so be it.  I would be a touch more polite to old gypsy women in your future though.  Not all would take your rebuff as good-naturedly.  Fare thee well.~ */
~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 10 // from:
 SAY #78263 /* ~Leave me!~ */
SetGlobal("SafArkush5","GLOBAL",1)
~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 11 // from:
 SAY #95070 /* ~No names! I don't want to know names! Do not come nearer!~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("SafArkush8","GLOBAL",1)
Enemy()
~ EXIT
END

Edit: unless she uses a script that is misfiring

Guest Urmstone

Hmm, a little more info if this helps...what seems to be happening is instead of the "end dialogue" box coming up, it shows "continue" - see screen grab. If I click continue, the dialogue ends with no action/hostility on the part of Arkushule. Once I restart the dialogue and go through it, it ends with "end dialogue" and she turns hostile.

chimpy222-grab1.JPG

Hmm, a little more info if this helps...what seems to be happening is instead of the "end dialogue" box coming up, it shows "continue" - see screen grab. If I click continue, the dialogue ends with no action/hostility on the part of Arkushule. Once I restart the dialogue and go through it, it ends with "end dialogue" and she turns hostile.

Well, this narrows the problem to a non-triggering dialog.

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from: 7.0
 SAY #86655 /* ~Stay away from me!  I warn you, I'll not let you near me!~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~Enemy()
~ EXIT
 IF ~Global("X#ImoenArkushule2","GLOBAL",0)
!Dead("imoen")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ImoenArkushule2","GLOBAL",1)
Enemy()
~ EXTERN ~_IMOEN2~ 176
END

If I had to guess, I'd say it's this trigger which is misfiring:

You don't make InParty() check. Safana doesn't need to be in party for !StateCheck() to return true, but if she is somewhere in unexplored area on map when she may not be able to respond with her bit of dialog.

Probably. :)

Archived