Photo

BGT: Fails to install component Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time

4 replies to this topic

#1 Terminus Est

Terminus Est
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:22 AM

According to the README, this is supposed to be compatible with BGT.  I tried to set the forging time to 24 hrs, but it was skipped.  The relevant line in the debug file simply says:

Skipping [Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time -> Full 24 hours (BG2EE default, includes sleep)] because it fails its requirements.

What are the requirements?  This was never a problem with the previous bg2tweaks.

DEBUG file and weidu.log attached in a zip.

Attached Files

#2 Salk

Salk
  • Modders
  • 2951 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:16 AM

I can confirm the issue on BGT.

@Terminus Est: if you want to install that component, you can open the file setup-cdtweaks.tp2 with Notepad and add bgt to line 3927 (between bg2ee and eet)

Edited by Salk, 29 January 2018 - 01:56 AM.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6554 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:34 AM

To be exact, do you mean BGT-weidu or the horror from the deep underground without which the other wouldn't exist, but would be more of a single game experience ?

@Salk: But that would allow install of the "///// instant                                          \\\\\" not the "///// 24 hours, including rest                         \\\\\"

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 January 2018 - 02:49 AM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#4 Salk

Salk
  • Modders
  • 2951 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:52 AM

@Jarno: no, it works that way.

From the .tp2:

// out of order, component-number-wise, because WeiDU will suppress other options if the first isn't the most inclusive
// e.g. putting instant first means bgt games don't get to pick 8 hours, even though it's technically available

The only drawback is that the user gets also the choice of installing the "Instant" forging together with the other two options but that's no aggravation since that should be the default behavior for BGT.

Edited by Salk, 29 January 2018 - 03:54 AM.

#5 Terminus Est

Terminus Est
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:34 AM

I can confirm the issue on BGT.

@Terminus Est: if you want to install that component, you can open the file setup-cdtweaks.tp2 with Notepad and add bgt to line 3927 (between bg2ee and eet)

Thanks.  I'll have to remember this for my next BGT run, in a few months' time, if it hasn't been fixed.  For now I'm manually advancing the time using Ctrl-T.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users