Updating mods

Jdracous

Hello everybody,

So my old version of BG1 doesn't run on my new PC and nobody sells any version of the game other than the EE. Well I have a rather large collection of old mods that are not longer getting support or updates of any kind, thus not EE compatible, and was wondering what it would take to update these myself for EE compatibility. Is this feasible?

Hello everybody,

So my old version of BG1 doesn't run on my new PC and nobody sells any version of the game other than the EE. Well I have a rather large collection of old mods that are not longer getting support or updates of any kind, thus not EE compatible, and was wondering what it would take to update these myself for EE compatibility. Is this feasible?

For a start

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26671&hl=%2Bconvert+%2Bbgee

Hello everybody,

For a start

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26671&hl=%2Bconvert+%2Bbgee

Yep that looks like what I'm looking for, thanks.

Hello everybody,

So my old version of BG1 doesn't run on my new PC a...

Is this for some other reason than not having access to the old CDs ?

Cause the game can be installed on a Windows 10 computer(of course only if it was on a PC platform), you just have to either not install to the C drive, or install it to the user profile folders.

Same. Didn't even have to use compatibility mode (Intel cpu w/integrated graphics).

That just requires the GoG edition of the game, or/as it contains the "community" created fix to the integrated GPU cheese up for original Infinity Engine games(Aqrit's DDrawFix), this mod.

So don't go lying to people or yourself and say that it works right out of box. It doesn't, really. Well, yes, it works in a scaled down 640x480 mode without that, as in: The rest of the screen is humongous black borders, and the Widescreen mod can only make the viewed resolution larger, but you can't edit the scale of the view.

Thing is, todays screens are 1080p+ most of the time, so looking 3/4ths of black screen is usually an issue that needs a fix. Which the mod provides.

Archived