[Pre-RC_Luridel] Maiden Shadow's Playthrough

Maiden Shadow

I tried to play the waiting game with Aran. As you can see, I lost my Will save. Apparently the guy has too much personality for me to resist.

New game with a fresh install, SoA + ToB, BG2 Fixpack, three NPC mods (other than Aran), ten Quest mods, four Item/Store mods, nine NPC Related mods, one Mini-Mod, six Rules/Tweaks/and Spells mods, two Ascension Related mods (Yet no Ascension. No, seriously.), nine Kelsey Related mods (With no Kelsey or Keto. On a roll here.), one Kit mod, five HLA-Table Changing mods, three Misc Tweaks and Graphic mods, eight Major Tweaks mods, and four Closer Installation mods.

If you can't already tell, I use the BiG World Project PDF as my guide when installing mods. So far, it hasn't steered me wrong, though I had to make an educated guess as to where to squeeze in Aran. Pun definitely intended.

I only got to play about an hour last night before the Sandman hit me with a nine iron. Which is a shame, because I was having a blast! It's almost ridiculous how wide Aran's first conversation with the party got my grin going. I haven't caught any spelling or grammar errors just yet, at least considering Aran's unique accent, but I'm on the lookout.

Enough typing. It's time to play!

EDIT: Whoops-a-daisy. Forgot to post some important bits:

1. Female Half-Elf PC, Bard (Blade)
  2. Romance will be Active (With no intended competition) except for the occasional Romantic Encounter

Play-In-Progress Review

So far, the party has stomped their way well into Chapter 2 and things are going swimmingly. My blade seems to have found a kindred spirit in Aran, and for the first five days she struggled to keep things relatively tame between them. Obviously, that is no longer the case. Let's just say that Hanali Celanil is getting many a thankful prayer from a certain pair of adventurers.

I do want to say, while Aran's healthy appetite is admirable (at least to ladies like my bardess), where he really shines is his down to Toril charm. And that accent. *Purrs* I don't care what the rest of the party says, my bard loves to listen to him talk. *Cough* Anyway, just about anything this man does makes my gal weak in the knees. I was expecting the come hither from your ample warnings, but I have not had to replenish the ice water in my "Down girl! Now is NOT a good time to jump his bones!" bucket this often since playing the Kelsey mod many a year ago. While the romance progression does have its jerky moments, overall I really like the direction that you've chosen. In my mind, it boils down to two friends discovering that they are very physically attracted to one another and acting on that, and then being around one another in such an intimate way eventually makes them realize how much more the relationship means. Of course, I still have a lot of ground to cover, so I may be assuming too much. I'm looking forward to finding out if I'm right, though!

Be-Glitched

1. The Shield Wall conversation caused a repeating dialogue choice.

ShieldWall-1_zpsa762a409.png

2. When Kalah is done speaking, the conversation between Aerie and Quayle didn't fire. I've seen this happen in the past with the Kivan mod, too. When that occurred, I proved Kivan was the cause by liberating Quayle without the elven archer in the party, which resulted in Aerie happily acknowledging the safety of her Uncle Qualyle as per normal. (Side Note: I love what Aran has to say about Kalah. Very well put.)

3. Crashed to desktop after getting Aran drunk at the Copper Coronet and the Five Flagons Inn. Will continue to test other taverns.

4. The (You decide to flirt with Aran) option disappeared some time between Stage 1 and Stage 2. It took advancing the flirting to Stage 2 to get it to reappear.

NoFlirtOption_zpsed807377.png

Stop, Grammar Time!

(PID Initiated Flirt - At least, I THINK so.)

ARAN: He loosens his arms a bit, flexing slightly, then glances your in your direction again.

He loosens his arms a bit, flexing slightly, then glances in your direction again.

(NPC Initiated Flirt)

ARAN: <CHARNAME>, Don't say naught. Just look my way a minute, will you?

<CHARNAME>, don't say naught. Just look my way a minute, will you?

(Tavern PID Force Talk)

CHARNAME: You decide you have had enough him for right now, and carry on about your business.

You decide you have had enough of him for right now, and carry on about your business.

(Party Banter)

JAHEIRA: And next time we pass a stream, avail yourself of Nature's bounty, and wash behind you ears.

And next time we pass a stream, avail yourself of Nature's bounty, and wash behind your ears.

There are a few more, but they are potentially more adult by nature, so I'll send them by PM. I also have screenshots of all the above.

Misc Observations

1. Aran mentioned Sheri, the bardess from Romantic Encounters, in an earlier conversation but doesn't react when the PC asks Sheri for a song. This seemed rather odd.
  2. I ended up changing Aran's hair color to 0x02 to better match his portrait.
  3. Given how Aran reacts to Aerie's transformation, one would think that he'd have something to say about the other illusions in the circus tent. Especially the Pleasure Slave. Heh.

I'll hopefully have some time to play today, so I'll have more to report very soon. Or not. I can hope for nothing but glitch and grammar gremlin free play time, right?

Play-In-Progress Review

*insert random fangirling here*

Okay, well, maybe I can be a bit more specific.

First, the Flirts. I love how they keep a bit from all of the stages no matter which you're in. Very nice. For probably the first time ever, I'm looking forward to the Underdark just to see how the Flirts change. Also, Underdark Flirts. *Squee!*

Major kudos on the tavern talks. I've never seen the PID used in this manner before. It keeps things lively and lends a bit of realism.

Aran's comments that fire whenever you first enter a temple are exemplary. They give the impression of awareness and offer a peek into the character himself. Love 'em!

Be-Glitched

1. While I can appreciate what Aran said when the party confronted the Shade Dragon, I.E. "No thank you. Keep walkin'," it felt incomplete somehow. Little wonder, as my diving into forum posts revealed that Aran is supposed to have a conversation about the Shade Dragon which never triggered for me.

Stop, Grammar Time!

(PID Force Talk)

CHARNAME: Aran, ware you okay?

Aran, are you okay?

GrammarError-1a_zps6582f0ff.png

(Party Banter)

JAHEIRA: Nutritious, simple, solid sources of nutrients, easily integrated into many recepies...

Nutritious, simple, solid sources of nutrients, easily integrated into many recipes...

GrammarError-2a_zpsaed57642.png

There are others, but they are all naughty by nature and will be sent by PM.

Misc Observations

The encounter with the three mercs outside of Vyatri's Pub is nicely done. However, a follow-up conversation would be nice if you end up fighting them.

An example that comes to mind would be CHARNAME saying, "My hero!" in a variety of ways to accommodate for the different PC archetypes you already have going. Shy/Demure can delicately peck him on the cheek and murmur, "My hero." Saucy/Minx can purr, "My hero," then press herself up against him and kiss him thoroughly. There's also the option of CHARNAME asking about the Raven mercenary group.

That's all for now. Back to playing for me!

Play-In-Progress Review

The party is still in Chapter 2, due to my completionist nature, and are about to take on every quest they can scrounge out in the Docks.

I know a character has thoroughly won me over when I find myself noticing the little things and begin to either crack wise or lapse into giggle fits over them. Aran has inspired both reactions on a regular basis. A good example of this would be his "Do I needs lead?" sound clip firing when he initiates a Flirt, which happens more often than not. If I'm not giggling like a schoolgirl, this usually results in my saying something aloud in response that one of my roommates overhears and gets to laugh at while I grin sheepishly.
This is probably a good time to mention that I find the current soundset for Aran to fit him very well. True, the accent isn't spot on, but there's just enough for the right flavor. As you've stated in a past post that you intend to record the lines again one day, I won't get fussy over which of the sound clips are my least favorite. I will, however, say which is my favorite, and it isn't "Do I needs lead?" despite the amusement that line has provided. No, in my humble opinion the very best of the bunch is: "I gave up comfortable inns an' guardin' simple caravans to poke around this dank musty place. I'm a bloody idiot." Guaranteed grin inducer.
Aran's interjections have yet to fail in getting me to smile. They show up in places I would never have expected, catching me off guard and making me grateful that I modded the game to pause all conversations just so I can take the time to guffaw. What he had to say about Bubbles, Shank, and Carbos is a fine example.
So far, this mod has been a delight to play, and I'm looking forward to the rest. :)
I will be posting some grammar fixes later, when I actually have access to the screenshots I took to jog my memory. Which of course will probably be joined with even more grammar fixes by the time I post them.

Awesome stuff, and here I am only a year late. RL is a bit of a... beast. And definitely awesome releases of good games hasn't helped :)

Anyways, I am tackling a little bit each day. Here is this weeks set of fixes implemented:

3. Crashed to desktop after getting Aran drunk at the Copper Coronet and the Five Flagons Inn. Will continue to test other taverns.

Dammit. Found it. On BG2:EE, when the NPC is intoxicated, the call to the sound reference crashes the game. It doesn't seem to have troubles with wavc in other situations.... disabled the sound file until I can find out if this is a problem the individual sound file or another. Since the reference is one of 3 possible, I will check -
temporarily solved by disabling it.

IF
    GlobalLT("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",4)    // shuts down sequence when finished
    InParty(Myself)
    !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    InMyArea(Player1)
    !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    OR(13)
        AreaCheck("AR0313") // Sea's Bounty
        AreaCheck("AR0406") // Copper Coronet
        AreaCheck("AR0509") // Five Flagons
        AreaCheck("AR0522") // Five Flagons (Stronghold)
        AreaCheck("AR0704") // Mithrest Inn
        AreaCheck("AR1105") // Umar Inn
        AreaCheck("AR1602") // The Vulgar Monkey
        AreaCheck("AR2010") // Vyatri's Pub, Trademeet
        AreaCheck("AR0709") // Den of the Seven Vales 1st Floor
        AreaCheck("AR0513") // Calbor's Inn at Bridge District 1st Floor
        AreaCheck("AR0021") // Crooked Crane 1st Floor
        AreaCheck("AR1602") // Brynnlaw's Inn
        AreaCheck("C-AR01") // The Broken Sword (Aran's initial inn )
    CombatCounter(0)    // Not in combat
    !See([ENEMY])    // Can't see any enemies
    OR(2)
        Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",1)
        Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",3)
        // Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",5)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        PlaySong(0)
//        PlaySound("c-arandf")
        StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26529&p=225101

While I can appreciate what Aran said when the party confronted the Shade Dragon, I.E. "No thank you. Keep walkin'," it felt incomplete somehow. Little wonder, as my diving into forum posts revealed that Aran is supposed to have a conversation about the Shade Dragon which never triggered for me.

I think I know why - fixed but untested. "Rollback" block had an Or(2) !AreaCheck("AR1402") Dead("ShaDra01"), so when you killed the dragon it immediately shut down the talk. Removed the OR(2), so that it will close it if the shadown dragon is dead AND you are no longer in the area.
Repaired (untested)

CHARNAME: Aran, ware you okay?

repaired

JAHEIRA: Nutritious, simple, solid sources of nutrients, easily integrated into many recepies...

repaired

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26529&p=225055

The Shield Wall conversation caused a repeating dialogue choice.

Repaired

ARAN: He loosens his arms a bit, flexing slightly, then glances your in your direction again.

repaired

ARAN: <CHARNAME>, Don't say naught. Just look my way a minute, will you?

repaired

CHARNAME: You decide you have had enough him for right now, and carry on about your business.

repaired

JAHEIRA: And next time we pass a stream, avail yourself of Nature's bounty, and wash behind you ears.

repaired

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25193&p=217479

ADULT TALK: The inn talk when taking the bath path to wash off ink. (Only two options appeared for the PC in response to Aran) No roleplaying possibilities when restricted to one type of respsonse.

Heh. I tried to get tricky, and it kicked me squarely in the ass.

This construct was designed to have responses change directions on replay of the state. It does it, but leaves the original block with only two responses:
IF ~~ a3685 /* LIPS_PRESS_FINGERS_UNTANGLE_BODICE */
  SAY ~[ARAN] ~
  + ~RandomNum(5,1)~ + ~[PC] ~ + a3385 /* ARAN_AGREES_ONE_CUDDLE */
  + ~RandomNum(5,2)~ + ~[PC] ~ + a3386 /* ARAN_AGREES_TWO_CUDDLE */
  + ~RandomNum(5,1)~ + ~[PC] ~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",2)~ + a3663 /* KISSING_END_STATE */
  + ~RandomNum(5,2)~ + ~[PC] ~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",2)~ + a3696 /* QUICK_END_FADEOUT */
  IF ~RandomNum(5,3)~ THEN GOTO a3678 /* ROM_TWO_ACTION_GENTLE_TOUCH_FACE */
  IF ~RandomNum(5,4)~ THEN GOTO a3677 /* ROM_TWO_ACTION_HEAT_CLOSE_FACE */
  IF ~RandomNum(5,5)~ THEN GOTO a3699 /* FRONT_TO_ARAN_FINGERS */
END

DONE Corrected the structure and expanded in SoA:

IF ~~ a3685 /* LIPS_PRESS_FINGERS_UNTANGLE_BODICE */
  SAY @7785
  /* IF RN = 1 THEN showblock1 */  
  + ~RandomNum(5,1)~ + @6584 + a3385 /* ARAN_AGREES_ONE_CUDDLE */
  + ~RandomNum(5,1)~ + @7784 DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",2)~ + a3663 /* KISSING_END_STATE */
  + ~RandomNum(5,1)~ + @7412 + a3564 /* KISSING_HOLDING_THREE */
  + ~RandomNum(5,1)~ + @7315 + a3602 /* ROM_THREE_PC_TO_ARAN */
  + ~RandomNum(5,1)~ + @7075 + a3612 /* MOON_ORAL */
  /* IF RN = 2 THEN showblock2 */  
  + ~RandomNum(5,2)~ + @6584 + a3386 /* ARAN_AGREES_TWO_CUDDLE */
  + ~RandomNum(5,2)~ + @7784 DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",2)~ + a3696 /* QUICK_END_FADEOUT */
  + ~RandomNum(5,2)~ + @67 DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",3)~ + c-lips_soa_check /* EXPLORING_WITH_BENEFITS */
  + ~RandomNum(5,2)~ + @65 + c-fascinating_soa_rythm /* WHY_FASCINATED_WITH_BODY_PART */
  /* ELSE = divert to other pathways */
  IF ~RandomNum(5,3)~ THEN GOTO a3678 /* ROM_TWO_ACTION_GENTLE_TOUCH_FACE */
  IF ~RandomNum(5,4)~ THEN GOTO a3677 /* ROM_TWO_ACTION_HEAT_CLOSE_FACE */
  IF ~RandomNum(5,5)~ THEN GOTO a3699 /* FRONT_TO_ARAN_FINGERS */
END

Corrected the structure and expanded in ToB with the ToB equivalent state numbers.

IF ~~ a4134 /* LIPS_PRESS_FINGERS_UNTANGLE_BODICE */
  SAY @7785
  /* IF RN = 1 THEN showblock1 */  
  + ~RandomNum(5,1)~ + @6584 + a3833 /* ARAN_AGREES_ONE_CUDDLE */
  + ~RandomNum(5,1)~ + @7784 DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",2)~ + a4112 /* KISSING_END_STATE */
  + ~RandomNum(5,1)~ + @7412 + a3564 /* KISSING_HOLDING_THREE */
  + ~RandomNum(5,1)~ + @7315 + a3602 /* ROM_THREE_PC_TO_ARAN */
  + ~RandomNum(5,1)~ + @7075 + a4061 /* MOON_ORAL */
  /* IF RN = 2 THEN showblock2 */  
  + ~RandomNum(5,2)~ + @6584 + a3834 /* ARAN_AGREES_TWO_CUDDLE */
  + ~RandomNum(5,2)~ + @7784 DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",2)~ + a4145 /* QUICK_END_FADEOUT */
  + ~RandomNum(5,2)~ + @67 DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",3)~ + c-lips_tob_check /* EXPLORING_WITH_BENEFITS */
  + ~RandomNum(5,2)~ + @65 + c-fascinating_tob_rythm /* WHY_FASCINATED_WITH_BODY_PART */
  /* ELSE = divert to other pathways */
  IF ~RandomNum(5,3)~ THEN GOTO a4127 /* ROM_TWO_ACTION_GENTLE_TOUCH_FACE */
  IF ~RandomNum(5,4)~ THEN GOTO a4126 /* ROM_TWO_ACTION_HEAT_CLOSE_FACE */
  IF ~RandomNum(5,5)~ THEN GOTO a4148 /* FRONT_TO_ARAN_FINGERS */
END

IF ~~ c-fascinating_tob_rythm /* WHY_FASCINATED_WITH_BODY_PART */
  SAY @64  
  ++ @6584 + a3833 /* ARAN_AGREES_ONE_CUDDLE */
  ++ @7784 DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranintimate","GLOBAL",2)~ + a4112 /* KISSING_END_STATE */
  ++ @61 + c-lips_tob_check /* EXPLORING_WITH_BENEFITS  */
  ++ @60 + c-inter_tob_ruptus /* INTERRUPTUS_SUNE */
  ++ @59 + c-inter_tob_ruptus /* INTERRUPTUS_SUNE */
  ++ @58 + c-inter_tob_ruptus /* INTERRUPTUS_SUNE */
END

IF ~~ c-lips_tob_check /* EXPLORING_WITH_BENEFITS  */
  SAY @66  
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c-inter_tob_ruptus /* INTERRUPTUS_SUNE */
  SAY @63 = @62
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

On the docket:

2. When Kalah is done speaking, the conversation between Aerie and Quayle didn't fire. I've seen this happen in the past with the Kivan mod, too. When that occurred, I proved Kivan was the cause by liberating Quayle without the elven archer in the party, which resulted in Aerie happily acknowledging the safety of her Uncle Qualyle as per normal. (Side Note: I love what Aran has to say about Kalah. Very well put.)

I_C_T difficulties even with a passback seems like something may be different across BG2:EE and BG2 dealing with these interjections - the passback should take care of this if they are running on the correct state:
/* SoA Interjections : Kalah And What He Was Promised Comments - remember to add cross-mod for the UB restoration of Kalah's Quest */
I_C_T KALAH2 7 c-arankalah27 /* ~Indifference killed those fools from the circus.  I treat them in death as they were to me in life.  A gnome gets no respect...I just wanted people to look up...to me.  All that I have done...~ */
== C-ARANJ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN @202
== KALAH2 IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN @203
END

I_C_T KALAH2 8 c-arankalah28 /* ~You don't understand, do you?  You take my life, but worse, you take my dignity.  I just wanted...I wanted to be the king instead of...instead of...~ */
== C-ARANJ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN @202
== KALAH2 IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN @203
END

I_C_T KALAH2 9 c-arankalah29 /* ~You don't know...denied respect my entire life.  A clown, a fool...it does not matter...I die as I...as I...~ */
END

Time to decompile and diff the files... bleh!!

Extensions set up for the upcoming weeks's investigations:

4. The (You decide to flirt with Aran) option disappeared some time between Stage 1 and Stage 2. It took advancing the flirting to Stage 2 to get it to reappear.

I need to go back and see where the loophole is.

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26529&p=225101

Aran mentioned Sheri, the bardess from Romantic Encounters, in an earlier conversation but doesn't react when the PC asks Sheri for a song. This seemed rather odd.

I will go take a look at how Gavin and Xan and Ajantis BG2 handle this. For the most part, Aran doesn't bother - but here, that seems like a plausability loophole.

I ended up changing Aran's hair color to 0x02 to better match his portrait.

If you ever drop back in, tell me which portrait, please, and I can make the change. The difficulty of many options...

Given how Aran reacts to Aerie's transformation, one would think that he'd have something to say about the other illusions in the circus tent. Especially the Pleasure Slave. Heh.

I will take a look! Might be pushing things to have a bunch of comments in one area, though.

And in thanks for the reports, an initail draft of your Trademeet Encounter idea (not yet implemented, because it is not yet fully realized):

/* Maiden Shadow Suggestion: The encounter with the three mercs outside of Vyatri's Pub is nicely done. However, a follow-up conversation would be nice if you end up fighting them. An example that comes to mind would be CHARNAME saying, "My hero!" in a variety of ways to accommodate for the different PC archetypes you already have going. Shy/Demure can delicately peck him on the cheek and murmur, "My hero." Saucy/Minx can purr, "My hero," then press herself up against him and kiss him thoroughly. There's also the option of CHARNAME asking about the Raven mercenary group. */

/* SoA Commentary/Reactions, called from .bcs : Trademeet Fight Response */
IF ~Global("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN BEGIN c-maidenshadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] Bloody business. Mayhap we be on our way before someone notices th' mess.~
  ++ ~[PC] Why on all Toril would those three idiots do that? They had to know they were outmached.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",3)~ + c-maiden_1_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] Aran... I... Come here, please.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",3)~ + c-maiden_2_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] My hero! Are you going to come claim your prize?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",3)~ + c-maiden_5_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] (Walk up to Aran boldly and grab his chin)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",3)~ + c-maiden_4_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] Mercenaries. Was this just drunks out for trouble, or was this an attempt on my life?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",3)~ + c-maiden_5_shadow
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_1_shadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] Now, no worries there, on account o' they be Ravens. Way too new to be smart about th' town, so to speak. Tryin' to prove how tough theybe, I imagine.~
  ++ ~[PC] Red Ravens? I have heard you say they are a name among high powered mercenary companies, haven't I? ~ + c-maiden_4_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] They chose a poor way of doing so.~ + c-maiden_8_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] My hero! Are you going to come claim your prize?~ + c-maiden_5_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] That was fun. Let's go find some more of them and do the same thing again!~ + c-maiden_12_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] Well, I think that battle awards me the right to claim a prize.~ + c-maiden_9_shadow
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_2_shadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] Your wish be my command, as always, eh? I be right here.~
  ++ ~[PC] I can handle myself. Next time, back off. (Slap him)~ + c-maiden_6_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] I can handle myself. Do you understand me?~ + a3623
  ++ ~[PC] (Gently lean in against his chest, bringing one hand to press over his heart)~ + c-maiden_3_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] Thank you. For stepping in, I mean.~ + c-maiden_end_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] Do you know who these men were? Did we just create a new enemy?~ + c-maiden_1_shadow
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_3_shadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] Eh? Now what be... ~
  ++ ~[PC] (Slap him hard across his face)~ + c-maiden_6_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] *whisper* My hero. (Brush your lips gently across his cheek)~ + c-maiden_end_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] My hero. (Kiss him gently on the lips)~ + c-maiden_end_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] My hero. (Kiss him boldly and forcefully on the lips)~ + c-maiden_end_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] So you wanted to be seen as the big, bold protector of poor little me.~ + c-maiden_7_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] Not so public with the whole angry suitor thing, please. People will begin to suspect there might be something more than friendship betweenus.~ + a3623
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_4_shadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] Aw, hells, no. Just Ravens. They be a startup what has th' specialty o' use o' flyin' magic. Mostly scouts, from what I be hearin'~
  ++ ~[PC] Well, I think that battle awards me the right to claim a prize.~ + c-maiden_9_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] So you wanted to be seen as the big, bold protector of poor little me.~ + c-maiden_7_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] For the record, I want every battle to end with our opponents crushed, and you reporting in good condition.~ + c-maiden_11_shadow
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_5_shadow /* claim prize */
  SAY ~[ARAN] Well, it be part o' th' job description to protect you, an' they were definitely interested in harmin' you in one way or another. What
sort o' prize do I get?~
  ++ ~[PC] *whisper* My hero. (Brush your lips gently across his cheek)~ + c-maiden_end_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] My hero. (Kiss him boldly and forcefully on the lips)~ + c-maiden_end_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] (Gently lean in against his chest, bringing one hand to press over his heart)~ + c-maiden_3_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] Well, as a special bonus for allowing blood to get all over my nice clean things, you get to clean everything up.~ + a3623
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_6_shadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] Ouch! Blighted...~
  IF ~RandomNum(3,1)~ THEN GOTO a1921 /* c-aranshutup15 ~[ARAN] Malar's Sharp Teeth. Shuttin' up an' soldierin'.~ */
  IF ~RandomNum(3,2)~ THEN GOTO a1908 /* c-aranshutup2 ~[ARAN] By the Cryin' God's tears, you are in a mood.~ */
  IF ~RandomNum(3,3)~ THEN GOTO a1919 /* c-aranshutup13 ~[ARAN] Lolth's Cruel Fingernails, you can cut a man down. Sure. Shuttin' up.~ */
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_7_shadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, mayhap I did. Do you have some sort o' problem wi' that?~
  ++ ~[PC] I can handle myself. Do you understand me?~ + a3623
  ++ ~[PC] Not so public with the whole angry suitor thing, please. People will begin to suspect there might be something more than friendship betweenus.~ + a3623
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_9_shadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] You already done claimed victory on th' field. What sort o' prize did you have in mind?~
  ++ ~[PC] You.~ + c-maiden_11_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] We go through their pockets, strip their gear, sell it all off, and go get some decent drinks.~ + c-maiden_10_shadow
  ++ ~[PC] Well, as a special bonus for allowing blood to get all over my nice clean things, you get to clean everything up.~ + a3623
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_8_shadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, they did, an' that be for sure. Th' trouble wi' bein' a bit wet behind th' ears is they have naught in th' way o' trainin' on howto keep it all together when a mite bit drunk.~
  = ~[ARAN] Th' good news be that there be no worries on th' reprisal thing. Either someone will come along an' raise 'em, a mite bit sadder an' somewiser, or not. Either way, they will be naught in th' way o' a problem now.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_10_shadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] Heh. That be no prize. That be called "standard operatin' procedure".~  
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_11_shadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] Marked, duly noted in th' register, an' notarized. Reportin' as ordered.~
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_12_shadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] I be thinkin' that when Volo next updates his travel guides, he mayhap better include an illustration o' you, wi' the caption "Warnin'.

Extreme Bloodlust. Avoid At All Costs."~
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c-maiden_end_shadow
  SAY ~[ARAN] It be my pleasure.~
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

LINKS ALREADY IN PROJECT

IF ~~ a3623 /* ROM_FRIENDS_EXIT_ONE */
  SAY ~[ARAN] I understand. I don't rightly like it, but I understand.~
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Extending .baf to trigger conversation

/* Check for Vyatri's Pub Encounter in romance, battle completed */
IF
    InParty(Myself)
    InMyArea(Player1)
    Global("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",1)
    Dead("c-malcer")    
    Dead("c-oskut")    
    Dead("c-taman")
    AreaCheck("AR2000")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",2)
END
/* then initiate conversation in AR2000... */
IF
    InParty(Myself)
    InMyArea(Player1)
    Global("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",2)
    AreaCheck("AR2000")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)

END

/* ... and shut it down if you leave the area before it fires. */
IF
    InParty(Myself)
    Global("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",2)
    !AreaCheck("AR2000")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",3)  // 0 = not initiated; 1 = initiated; 2 = fired; 3 = talk done or player left farea before it fired.
END

Heh. I forgot how fun this is!

Is it wrong that I now hear PC's voice as http://3dnpc.com/wiki/interesting-npcs/locations/whiterun/zora/ ?

ok, cleanup and integration. Final tests now.

/* tra references */
// @47   = ~[ARAN] Bloody business. Mayhap we be on our way before someone notices th' mess.~
// @48   = ~[PC] Why on all Toril would those three idiots do that? They had to know they were outmatched.~
// @49   = ~[PC] Aran... I... Come here, please.~
// @50   = ~[PC] My hero! Are you going to come claim your prize?~
// @51   = ~[PC] (Walk up to Aran boldly and grab his chin)~
// @52   = ~[PC] Mercenaries. Was this just drunks out for trouble, or was this a hired attempt on my life?~
// @53   = ~[ARAN] Now, no worries there, on account o' they be Ravens. Way too new to be smart about th' town, so to speak. Tryin' to prove how tough they be, I imagine.~
// @54   = ~[PC] Red Ravens? I have heard you say they are a name among high powered mercenary companies, haven't I? ~
// @55   = ~[PC] They chose a poor way of doing so.~
// @56   = ~[PC] Thank you. For stepping in, I mean.~
// @57   = ~[PC] That was fun. Let's go find some more of them and do the same thing again!~
// @116  = ~[PC] Well, I think that battle awards me the right to claim a prize.~
// @117  = ~[ARAN] Your wish be my command, as always, eh? I be right here.~
// @118  = ~[ARAN] Eh? Now what be... ~
// @119  = ~[ARAN] Aw, hells, no. Just Ravens. They be a startup what has th' specialty o' use o' flyin' magic. Mostly scouts, from what I be hearin'~
// @120  = ~[ARAN] Well, it be part o' th' job description to protect you, an' they were definitely interested in harmin' you in one way or another. What sort o' prize do I get?~
// @121  = ~[ARAN] Aye, mayhap I did. Do you have some sort o' problem wi' that?~
// @122  = ~[ARAN] Ouch! Blighted...~
// @123  = ~[ARAN] You already done claimed victory on th' field. What sort o' prize did you have in mind?~
// @124  = ~[ARAN] Aye, they did, an' that be for sure. Th' trouble wi' bein' a bit wet behind th' ears is they have naught in th' way o' trainin' on how to keep it all together when a mite bit drunk.~
// @155  = ~[ARAN] Th' good news be that there be no worries on th' reprisal thing. Either someone will come along an' raise 'em, a mite bit sadder an' some wiser, or not. Either way, they will be naught in th' way o' a problem now.~
// @156  = ~[ARAN] Heh. That be no prize. That be called "standard operatin' procedure".~
// @157  = ~[ARAN] Marked, duly noted in th' register, an' notarized. Reportin' as ordered.~
// @158  = ~[ARAN] I be thinkin' that when Volo next updates his travel guides, he mayhap better include an illustration o' you, wi' the caption "Warnin'. Extreme Bloodlust. Avoid At All Costs."~
// @159  = ~[ARAN] It be my pleasure.~
// @160  = ~[PC] I can handle myself. Next time, back off. (Slap him)~
// @161  = ~[PC] I can handle myself. Do you understand me?~
// @162  = ~[PC] You.~
// @163  = ~[PC] (Gently lean in against his chest, bringing one hand to press over his heart)~
// @164  = ~[PC] (Slap him hard across his face)~
// @165  = ~[PC] Do you know who these men were? Did we just create a new enemy?~
// @166  = ~[PC] *whisper* My hero. (Brush your lips gently across his cheek)~
// @167  = ~[PC] My hero. (Kiss him gently on the lips)~
// @168  = ~[PC] My hero. (Kiss him boldly and forcefully)~
// @169  = ~[PC] So you wanted to be seen as the big, bold protector of poor little me.~
// @170  = ~[PC] Not so public with the whole angry suitor thing, please. People will begin to suspect there might be something more than friendship between us.~
// @171  = ~[PC] Well, as a special bonus for allowing blood to get all over my nice things, you get to clean everything up.~
// @172  = ~[PC] For the record, I want every battle to end with our opponents crushed, and you reporting in good condition.~
// @173  = ~[PC] We go through their pockets, strip their gear, sell it all off, and go get some decent drinks.~

/* Maiden Shadow Suggestion: The encounter with the three mercs outside of Vyatri's Pub is nicely done. However, a follow-up conversation would be nice if you end up fighting them. An example that comes to mind would be CHARNAME saying, "My hero!" in a variety of ways to accommodate for the different PC archetypes you already have going. Shy/Demure can delicately peck him on the cheek and murmur, "My hero." Saucy/Minx can purr, "My hero," then press herself up against him and kiss him thoroughly. There's also the option of CHARNAME asking about the Raven mercenary group. */
/* SoA Commentary/Reactions, called from c-aran.bcs if in romance and the fight is triggered: Trademeet Fight Response */

IF ~Global("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN BEGIN a5126
  SAY @47
  ++ @48 DO ~SetGlobal("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",3)~ + a5127
  ++ @49 DO ~SetGlobal("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",3)~ + a5128
  ++ @50 DO ~SetGlobal("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",3)~ + a5131
  ++ @51 DO ~SetGlobal("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",3)~ + a5130
  ++ @52 DO ~SetGlobal("c-arbarfight","GLOBAL",3)~ + a5131
END

IF ~~ a5127
  SAY @53
  ++ @54 + a5130
  ++ @55 + a5134
  ++ @50 + a5131
  ++ @57 + a5138
  ++ @116 + a5135
END

IF ~~ a5128
  SAY @117
  ++ @160 + a5132
  ++ @161 + a3623
  ++ @163 + a5129
  ++ @56 + a5139
  ++ @165 + a5127
END

IF ~~ a5129
  SAY @118
  ++ @164 + a5132
  ++ @166 + a5139
  ++ @167 + a5139
  ++ @168 + a5139
  ++ @169 + a5133
  ++ @56 + a5139  
  ++ @170 + a3623
END

IF ~~ a5130
  SAY @119
  ++ @56 + a5139
  ++ @116 + a5135
  ++ @169 + a5133
  ++ @167 + a5139
  ++ @172 + a5137
END

IF ~~ a5131 /* claim prize */
  SAY @120
  ++ @164 + a5132
  ++ @166 + a5139
  ++ @167 + a5139
  ++ @168 + a5139
  ++ @163 + a5129
  ++ @171 + a3623
END

IF ~~ a5132
  SAY @122
  IF ~RandomNum(3,1)~ THEN GOTO a1921 /* c-aranshutup15 ~[ARAN] Malar's Sharp Teeth. Shuttin' up an' soldierin'.~ */
  IF ~RandomNum(3,2)~ THEN GOTO a1908 /* c-aranshutup2 ~[ARAN] By the Cryin' God's tears, you are in a mood.~ */
  IF ~RandomNum(3,3)~ THEN GOTO a1919 /* c-aranshutup13 ~[ARAN] Lolth's Cruel Fingernails, you can cut a man down. Sure. Shuttin' up.~ */
END

IF ~~ a5133
  SAY @121
  ++ @164 + a5132
  ++ @161 + a3623
  ++ @166 + a5139
  ++ @168 + a5139
  ++ @56 + a5139  
  ++ @170 + a3623
END

IF ~~ a5135
  SAY @123
  ++ @162 + a5137
  ++ @173 + a5136
  ++ @166 + a5139
  ++ @168 + a5139
  ++ @171 + a3623
END

IF ~~ a5134 SAY @124 = @155 IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a5136 SAY @156 IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a5137 SAY @157 IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a5138 SAY @158 IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a5139 SAY @159 IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

OK, back to recheck the darned flirting availability conditions...

No need to solve for Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0) as the PID is diverted if it is set to 1. Ditto on !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1), though we should add it a few more places -

// underdark entries - before and after cave, just matched or active, no relation to intimacy level - just matched or in a romance
Global("c-drow","GLOBAL",1) Gender(Player1,FEMALE) OR(2) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0)
Global("c-drow","GLOBAL",0) Gender(Player1,FEMALE) OR(2) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0)
// early flirting before second romance talk: no match screening or level, should show up one or the other on aransex = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0) Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) GlobalLT("c-aransex","GLOBAL",4) GlobalLT("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",3)
Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0) Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",4) GlobalLT("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",3)
// breakup condition - shows up regardless of aransex = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or aranbg2rom = 0+ ; just aranrom = 3
Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0) Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",3)
// ok, so it must be in here...
Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0) Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",1) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",3) GlobalGT("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2)
aransex = 1       aranbg2rom = 3+      aranrom = 0, 1, 2, 4

Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0) Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) OR(2) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",3) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",3) GlobalGT("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2)
aransex = 2, 3    aranbg2rom = 3+      aranrom = 0, 1, 2, 4

Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0) Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",4) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",3) GlobalGT("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2)
aransex = 4          aranbg2rom = 3+      aranrom = 0, 1, 2, 4

ok.... so... it should not happen. No loopholes...

WAIT. Yes. One possible loophole. The PID option to check on the relationship status allows the PC to literally "rewrite history" - if she says "it never happened", it becomes the new reality. That is both a troubleshooter and a way for players to change their minds about things and move with another modded romance,or if someone runs into hassles down the line they can readjust the relationship variables how they want. So we may have to add the aransex = 0 condition.

I searched the project and that is the only place where we set it to 0. Everything else works with the

c-aransex level (trigger) being modified by the c-aranintimate (action).

Other than that, it should only vanish if gender is changed, the belt of gender-bender is equipped; I wonder if under some conditions/spells the gender check changes, like summons? Hmmmm.

The fix right now is relatively simple - changed Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",1) to GlobalLT("c-aransex","GLOBAL",2), capturing the "0" and the "1". The romance dialogs being in the filter means it won't trigger for anyone who is actually not matched, screening out false positives. Hopefully, that will solve the "disappearing flirts" thing.

change committed at https://github.com/cmorganbg/Aran-Whitehand/commit/d1acf6d1291e6a69b3d2ee9e884ba0a8542f2f2c

EDIT:, Sudden thought - perhaps a hanging romance talk VAR?

Question to the universe - when might a screening of

GlobalGT("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2) [3+ ] GlobalLT("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",3) [2-]

fail?

Nahhhh...

Archived