Feedback and Typos

I finished a BGT game recently with a pre-1.0 version of this mod installed, and found it to be quite enjoyable. If any of the planned extra quests, resolutions, or NPC interjections are added, this will be sure to go in all of my BG1/Tutu games.

As far as improvements, I think it would be cool if some of the later quests gave custom items as rewards. You can look back on these and remember how you got them, something that is significantly harder with reputation, XP, or gold gains. Okay, those are my thoughts. :) Thanks for coming up with this in the first place, and I hope it can grow and become even more awesome.

I checked the typos I found against the latest version of the .tra files, and they still seem to be floating out there.

~Are you Sir Trun? I talked with your fiancee. The poor woman doesn't feel well at all~

~Are you Sir Trun? I talked with your fiancee. The poor woman doesn't feel well at all.~

~My body recovered long time ago. It was my mind that felt injured and wouldn't come to rest. You dragged me out of my thoughts of despair, and I thank you deeply! We are in your debt.~

~My body recovered a long time ago. It was my mind that felt injured and wouldn't come to rest. You dragged me out of my thoughts of despair, and I thank you deeply! We are in your debt.~

Also, in both the 08001 and 09001 files, there are references to 'fiance' and 'fiancee'. If these could be replaced with 'fiancé' and 'fiancée' and still work fine in-game (they do in mine), that would be great.

Thank you very much for your feed back, and the kind words!

Thank you for taking the time to report spelling errors, too. It's highly appreciated. Concerning the typos: I guess in the first quote, it's fiancee you are referring to?

I will change to the "é" for the fiancé cases. I agree it's the correct spelling.

Two minor things:

* The kids in the babysitting quest don't actually notice your inventory when asking for their things. My PC had them dropped because it was full, but 'managed' to give them the toys & candies regardless. These can later be sold, which I did after the quest was solved, being the cheap bastard that I am. :)

* After solving Linda's & Sir Trun's quest once she meets you outside the infirmary, she appears (and promptly exits) when you re-enter Winthrop's Inn.

Also, I think Alanna's intro dialogue ('Pleased to make your acquaintance') is missing the final dot.

Cheers, I'm liking it so far. :D

Mike1072: Thank you for pointing that out! I didn't spot the difference. Fixed.

Daulmakan: Which Alanna's intro line you are referring to? I have problems to identify. Alanna would be from the slime quest, but she doesn't say "Pleased to make your acquaintance". Not as written text, that is.

Items on the ground: Oops, yes, that somewhat spoils the moment. Hm, I will think about it; introducing checks and "children go on with complaining -loops" would be the solution. Oh dear. :D

Linda in Winthrop's inn: Thank you, the script was using EscapeArea(), I changed it to DestroySelf() for the next version.

Thank you for the feedback! :)

Which Alanna's intro line you are referring to? I have problems to identify. Alanna would be from the slime quest, but she doesn't say "Pleased to make your acquaintance". Not as written text, that is.

Maybe I should've said selected line rather than intro dialogue, I meant what she says when you click on her (either to talk to her or just right click). Here's a screenshot:

11uyfl3.jpg

I'm guessing that line is included in the script/CRE file or somewhere else, since it wasn't in the TRAs.

Plus, a small suggestion for C#Q04001_3_4_5.tra:

@9 = ~Did you never wonder about size and shape of that egg?~

I think a 'the' before 'size' would sound better.

I'm guessing that line is included in the script/CRE file or somewhere else, since it wasn't in the TRAs.
This could be a BG1 / BGT thing. She should say that line, not print it. Does she say it, or is she mute? If she is mute, I have to give her another sound reference. Am I guessing right that you are playing the BGT version?

And, why did she say it three times in your screen shot? Does she say it by herself, or did you click on her?

I think so, too. Could a native speaker confirm, please?
This could be a BG1 / BGT thing. She should say that line, not print it. Does she say it, or is she mute? If she is mute, I have to give her another sound reference. Am I guessing right that you are playing the BGT version?

She also says it, and I'm playing regular BG1+TotSC, with Ease of Use, Unfinished Business, and Dudley's Fixes.

And, why did she say it three times in your screen shot? Does she say it by herself, or did you click on her?

That's because I clicked on her twice with right button, and the last with the left (you can see the character walking up to her).

She also says it, and I'm playing regular BG1+TotSC, with Ease of Use, Unfinished Business, and Dudley's Fixes.
Oh! (Glad to hear that, btw., since I nearly cancelled the vanilla BG1 version before simplifying the install using cmorgan's "crossing the divide" coding tutorial.) Then I will have a look at it with my BG1. I assume it's a game typo, though, since I only assigned an existing sound reference to her.

Thank you for reporting!

I think so, too. Could a native speaker confirm, please?

I support the change.

Yes, please insert a "the" between "about" and "size."

As for the various missing full stops throughout the mod, they are entirely my fault. I'm afraid that I've never been fully compliant with the general rules of punctuation, and terminal punctuation eludes me yet.

Archived