Photo

Diriel and a Drow PC

4 replies to this topic

#1 vellawulf

vellawulf
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:05 AM

Hello and thank you for this wonderful mod!

Just a question. I created a party with Diriel, Jaemal, Rizdaer, Sir Nord and Hildury and played until part of the way through chapter one. Throughout the prologue Diriel wouldn't talk to me and if I pressed P, I was unable to force a talk with him. He did however, talk when in conversations with Jaemal and Rizdaer. Is this because I am a Drow or another issue? Apologies if this is answered somewhere and I missed it.

#2 HaveANiceLife

HaveANiceLife
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 05:22 AM

I have the exactly same problem and I am playing for the first time Icewind Dale 2. I have no knowledge of modding or programming, so I do not even know how to verify if it is a bug. Another possibly bug is that items placed in Salomeya's quickslots disappear (I have lost the invisibility potion for a quest and a magic item for bards because of this bug).

Nonetheless, I love this mod! Even Jaemal, the seemingly clichee "good character" has an interesting backstory, I have read good things about Diriel (which has been my favorite as a concept from the start, so it would be really disappointing if I cannot play it) and Rizdaer is paradoxically unforeseeable due to his precise depiction as a male drow. I wish I could directly thank the creator of the mod, but it seems that Domi had not been online since  May 18 2016.

#3 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 3110 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:48 AM

Looking at older threads, maybe it's just too soon in game time.

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Market android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

#4 vellawulf

vellawulf
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:33 AM

I thought that but when I made a moonelf and wild elf character he spoke to me :(

#5 kimmuryiel

kimmuryiel
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:27 AM

Unless it changed in later versions, Diriel will NOT romance a drow character (that was my first run through with this mod, too). Your best bet is to reroll or use a save game editor such as Dale Keeper to change your race there (not sure how you'd cheat up the "love talks", though). He should still chat with you, though

Also, nothing really picks up until after the prologue (while it HAS been awhile since I played IWD2, my sister assures me this is true)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users