#1 Drizzt101

Drizzt101
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

Hello,

Is this EE compatible? 

There doesnt seem to much information on this V.4

The sticky threads seem to be very out of date so im just wondering where this mod is at? I played it years on the normal BG2 and so im keen to see the improvements for EE.

Cheers

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• Modders
  • 2041 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:51 AM

There is now an EE/EET compatible version of the mod.

Amber  (V5.01 or later)

(For those installing with BWS, no need to worry, BWS automatically selects the appropriate version for your install.)

There is also a plan to add further ToB contents. Since none of the originally drafted ToB development seems to be available, this may need to start from scratch. It may therefore take some time - but not as long as the previous wait in vain.

Edited by Roxanne, 13 August 2017 - 02:54 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 miker17

miker17
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:20 PM

Amber....Tob...no way....Roxanne you are... God/Goddess, i bow before your might.. :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :king:

#4 Janissary

Janissary
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:21 PM

Amber  (V5.01 or later)

(For those installing with BWS, no need to worry, BWS automatically selects the appropriate version for your install.)

There is also a plan to add further ToB contents. Since none of the originally drafted ToB development seems to be available, this may need to start from scratch. It may therefore take some time - but not as long as the previous wait in vain.

That is fantastic news!  Do you plan to write in the new content for ToB or will that be relegated to a different author?

In any case, really great to hear; Amber was far and away my favorite BG2 Mod NPC.

#5 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• Modders
  • 2041 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

Amber  (V5.01 or later)

That is fantastic news!  Do you plan to write in the new content for ToB or will that be relegated to a different author?

In any case, really great to hear; Amber was far and away my favorite BG2 Mod NPC.

There is already some ToB contents to make her transition to ToB and show feasibility. She gives some signs of life now in ToB. I have plans for more already.

Edited by Roxanne, 16 February 2018 - 12:51 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#6 Psionica

Psionica
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:19 PM

Amber  (V5.01 or later)

Hey Roxanne, first of all thanks for taking on this Mod for TOB, she is one of the romances that died when I went from SOA to TOB before since she didn't have an Epilouge. I wanted to ask, the AmberEE exe u linked do I have to have another earlier version of Amber installed for this to work?

David

Love - "That's a very rare thing, and when you find it, you better safeguard it" --- Shirley Manson ---

#7 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• Modders
  • 2041 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

Amber  (V5.01 or later)

Hey Roxanne, first of all thanks for taking on this Mod for TOB, she is one of the romances that died when I went from SOA to TOB before since she didn't have an Epilouge. I wanted to ask, the AmberEE exe u linked do I have to have another earlier version of Amber installed for this to work?

The EE version is a full stand-alone mod. But it does not yet have ToB romance and epilogue. This will come within the next few months, currently there is just some normal banter for ToB to give some signs she is still alive.

The Sandrah Saga

#8 Psionica

Psionica
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:05 AM

Where can u get the most recent version of her?

David

Love - "That's a very rare thing, and when you find it, you better safeguard it" --- Shirley Manson ---

#9 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• Modders
  • 2041 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:38 AM

Where can u get the most recent version of her?

https://github.com/R...hive/master.zip for the EE

For classic games it is still the official download link in this thread.

The Sandrah Saga

#10 Demoneq

Demoneq
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:54 AM

Whoah. Amber for ToB will finally happen? Thanks for tackling it, Roxanne. :)

#11 masterteo89

masterteo89
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:55 AM

Hello,

i have a serious problem.

I am using an old version of BG2EE ( because the new one is full of bugs. Like Aerie that don't change from ogre to elf in the circus...)

But in my old version i can't install Amber last version ( AmberEET-master , the zip file of 40 mb)

The problem is the one shown in this picture :

http://jeran.altervista.org/amber.bmp

Something about a .baf file missed but that i see in the installation folder...

Can you help me ?

Or else, is there a version of Amber that will allow me to play her even in ToB, even if without romance dialogues ?

Edited by masterteo89, 07 March 2018 - 03:59 AM.

#12 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• Modders
  • 2041 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:03 AM

Hello,

i have a serious problem.

I am using an old version of BG2EE ( because the new one is full of bugs. Like Aerie that don't change from ogre to elf in the circus...)

But in my old version i can't install Amber last version ( AmberEET-master , the zip file of 40 mb)

The problem is the one shown in this picture :

http://jeran.altervista.org/amber.bmp

Something about a .baf file missed but that i see in the installation folder...

Can you help me ?

Or else, is there a version of Amber that will allow me to play her even in ToB, even if without romance dialogues ?

What do you mean by old version of BG2EE?

1.3 or such?

Almost no mods will work on older versions. You need 2.3.67.3 or better.

The Sandrah Saga

#13 masterteo89

masterteo89
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:38 AM

version 1.3

But all my other mods work on that version.

Plus, it's bug free unlike 2.3.67.3

#14 Demoneq

Demoneq
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:20 AM

Amber  (V5.01 or later)

The EE version is a full stand-alone mod. But it does not yet have ToB romance and epilogue. This will come within the next few months, currently there is just some normal banter for ToB to give some signs she is still alive.

Are there any news about the ToB version?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users