ToB news

Meira

It's been worked on.

I rather not give a date (other than Tuesday, of course). My summer holiday starts tomorrow and while I certainly have loads of other things to do, I will make time for Amber in the next two months.

In ToB the Player initiated (love)talks will play a bigger role than in SoA.

In SoA there are 4 player initiated lovetalks. All of them are a sort of pickup-talks, where your character can apologise or revert things said or done in a previous talk. (For example if your PC leaves right after a certain lovetalk taking place in an inn - he can still get away with it by saying the right things.) I assume that not many players have seen these talks, since they're more likely to try to choose the "right" answers.

However in ToB there will be 'proper' player initiated talks. These dialogue options will appear next to the quest topics in Amber's click-talk menu.

Guest Vertex

Was curious about the progress on Amber for ToB! After completing SoA on a fresh Paladin with her (and loving it thoroughly), I ended up holding off my run through ToB just for Amber. Since then, I've been following this mod for quite some time, anxiously awaiting her arrival! Months, literally! It's driving me nuts! AHH!

SO! Any news? :)

Guest Tresca

Hey just wondering if there has been progress worth noting etc. Asking cause its been a while....Im something of a lurker/fan but not a poster. Hope vacation was enjoyable an looking forward to ToB. be well

Hey Meira,

i just wanted to thank you for this nice Mod! Since Amber it's finally possible to play a BG2 Romance thats just fun, and no pain in the...

First Romance i didn't have to reload one single time after a dialoge.

Since i noticed there is no ToB part i stoped playing BG and will wait till you are ready (and please take your time, i m shure it'll be worth it!).

Thanks again! Baldurs Gate lives on because of people like you :laugh:

Amber ToB news:

The quest needs to be proofread and tested.

The flirts are nearly finished.

Few more banters are needed; Sarevok is proving to be difficult. On the mother hand Haer'Dalis can't seem to be able to shut up. :)

Talks are not finished, but lets not be dishearten by that.

I haven't written a single epilogue, but I do have a general idea what I want for each.

I've been putting off coding the interjections, for no other reason that's the part I really dislike.

I've started to code the whole thing and even though it's not much it's nice to se Amber initiate the first Tob talk and to be able to call her up with the fate spirit.

What I'm maybe a little worried about is that the talks are turning out a bit 'dark' and 'unhappy'. :) Not that Amber would love Charname/player2/her friend anymore, but the war and constant violence are taking their toll.

One thing that I try to change from SoA is how longwinded she can sometimes be. I've noticed that my text blocks tend to be rather long. :)

Guest Guest205
What I'm maybe a little worried about is that the talks are turning out a bit 'dark' and 'unhappy'. Not that Amber would love Charname/player2/her friend anymore, but the war and constant violence are taking their toll.

Aw, now I want to give her a hug. :) And possibly give Haer'dalis a smackdown, if he's still making moves on my lady tiefling. :)

Glad to hear about some of the progress!

What I'm maybe a little worried about is that the talks are turning out a bit 'dark' and 'unhappy'. :) Not that Amber would love Charname/player2/her friend anymore, but the war and constant violence are taking their toll.

Sounds quite realistic to me, considering the situation in ToB. Just don't overdo it, I don't see Amber as the prophet of Schopenhauerian pessimism. :)

One thing that I try to change from SoA is how longwinded she can sometimes be. I've noticed that my text blocks tend to be rather long. :)

Long is good.