Possible Conflict with Ease of Use

Elfen Lied

this mod sounds great, i love the idea, that while you can do one set of strongholds the NPCs who adventure with you will allow you to do quests from the other strongholds.

my questions is will there be a Possible Conflict with Ease of Use portion that allows your PC to do more than one stronghold, will the npc stronghold mod override this and the npc gets the mod instead of you, or not?

this mod sounds great, i love the idea, that while you can do one set of strongholds the NPCs who adventure with you will allow you to do quests from the other strongholds.

my questions is will there be a Possible Conflict with Ease of Use portion that allows your PC to do more than one stronghold, will the npc stronghold mod override this and the npc gets the mod instead of you, or not?

Yes, I don't expect this mod to play nice with that component at all.

prehaps when you are give the extra strongholds, if you have a NPC how is the right class you could suggest they rule in your stead, or whatever, but it would require quests not available to you if you take the stronghold or there would really be any point in giving the nPC the stronghold,

or alternatively their could be a part of the mod which removes the multiple stronghold part form the ease of use mod.

Multiple Strongholds is an optional component of Ease of Use. You can always not intall/uninstall that component.

I admit that it does make more sense from a conceptual point of view to have an NPC of the appropriate class perform the stronghold duties. After all, what business does a cleric have training apprentice mages in the planar sphere?

The only limitation I could see would be that some people like to rotate through NPCs. This would force you to keep an NPC in your party until all the stronghold duties are completed and might delay moving to chapter 4 or chapter 7 for a very long time.

But that might not be bad, after all.

Multiple Strongholds is an optional component of Ease of Use. You can always not intall/uninstall that component.

I admit that it does make more sense from a conceptual point of view to have an NPC of the appropriate class perform the stronghold duties. After all, what business does a cleric have training apprentice mages in the planar sphere?

The only limitation I could see would be that some people like to rotate through NPCs. This would force you to keep an NPC in your party until all the stronghold duties are completed and might delay moving to chapter 4 or chapter 7 for a very long time.

But that might not be bad, after all.

quite.

yes lots of people like rotating NPCs. i do this while jaheira is away from the party in regards to her quests.

i love the concept but it is kinda looking like a lot of trouble for what its worth, just doing what i said earlier, making it so with multiple strongholds part installed there is a dialog option where you can suggest a NPC have the addition stronghold instead of you, seems easier, well not as easy as unistalling the multiple strongholds part of ease of use

it would be cool if you got lets say the mage stronghold and when asked if you want it you could say no i think edwin would do a far great job than i, and then have edwin agree, with one of his snide comments

quite.

yes lots of people like rotating NPCs. i do this while jaheira is away from the party in regards to her quests.

i love the concept but it is kinda looking like a lot of trouble for what its worth, just doing what i said earlier, making it so with multiple strongholds part installed there is a dialog option where you can suggest a NPC have the addition stronghold instead of you, seems easier, well not as easy as unistalling the multiple strongholds part of ease of use

it would be cool if you got lets say the mage stronghold and when asked if you want it you could say no i think edwin would do a far great job than i, and then have edwin agree, with one of his snide comments

This could be nice.

I wouldn't be very dissapointed if it wasn't added, but it could be nice.

I tried the multi-stronghold component a few times, but it got way too busy after a while. It seemed every other day someone ran up to the group:

"CHARNAME! SAVE US!" icon_gonk.gif

"Not again!" icon_stressed.gif

it is rather unclear as to whether he was asking a question at all so prehaps he may have been agreeing with my suggestion of if you had the multiple stronghold part of EOU installed or not, and when it comes time for you to accept a stronghold, and you have a NPC who qualifies for the stronghold you can give it to them, rather than if the person who gave you the stronghold quest, approached the NPC instead of you (obviously mutliple stronghold is not installed for that to happen, i was trying to think of a way to give the NPC the stronghold with the multiple stronghold part installed)

yes, that pretty much what i was getting at. i know that idea will most definitely work in a game without the multiple stronghold part of EOU, but i was wondering if the samething would apply if you had the multiple strongholds part installed.

-normally you get one (possibly two if amulticlassed fighter, i think the patch fixes this but im not convinced but that is a post for another time) so you would suggest an npc for the remaining strongholds, nothing complicated there

-with multiple strongholds you can get any number of strongholds, so i wanted to know that you could so the same thing i.e you are a fighter, but because pf multiple strongholds you can now get lets say the ranger stronghold, and you have valegar in your party when you are about to get the ranger stronghold will you be able to say let valygar have it?

or would it just be easier to unistall the multiple strongholds part of EOU

unless you made it so your dialoque and coding overwrites the strongholds part of EOU. but it will easier to uninstall the strongholds part so i think would do that.

but once again this mod sounds cool, esp if the quests differ somehat in a NPC runs the stronghold.

Archived