Coran Romance (Briel error)

Guest fruit loops

Guest fruit loops

So I have found Briel and retrieved the curse book but when I take it back to her Jaheira interjects when coran refuses to take the child and Kahlid says something like "now I have to figure out a way to calm her down" and then he leaves! just walks right out the door and I can't talk to him or anything and then when I try to talk to briel all I get is No valid links or reply's. is it an install error that I missed?

(sorry for the terrible run-on sentence)

Hi fruit loops, welcome to the forum! Which version are you playing? Do you have other mods installed? If yes, please post the content of the weidu.logg that is located in the Tutu main folder.

If you send your save game to the email address with my user name at web.de, I might be able to have a look at what's going wrong.

Hi fruit loops, welcome to the forum! Which version are you playing? Do you have other mods installed? If yes, please post the content of the weidu.logg that is located in the Tutu main folder.

If you send your save game to the email address with my user name at web.de, I might be able to have a look at what's going wrong.

Hey thanks so much. here is the weidu log, I'm going to have to dig around for the save game though, I don't think I saved after the error but I can go do that now. Oh and I've got EasyTutu, bg1npc-v16, and BG1UB_v6_TutuBGT installed

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Angelo Notices Shar-teel
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Coran and the Wyverns
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kivan and Tazok
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Branwen and Tranzig
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable until In Party: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #32 // The BG1 NPC Project: Check for TutuFix Walking Speeds: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v16

It's not an install error, I got it as well.

So what do you think it is? I'd really like to finish the romance

Beats me. I'd hazard that the interjection is set for Khalid when it shouldn't, but other than that I have no idea. I buggered cmorgan about it when it ocurred, perhaps he has some more insight to offer. Only difference is that I wasn't in a romance with Coran.

If you find a save game, one directly before you speak to B. would be perfect.

Ok I have to run off to class but I wanted to say I kicked K&J out of my party before talking to B and it worked! If you want I can still send you the save game so you can see if there are any errors or if something just wasn't firing right in my game.

Hi fruit loops, Daulmakan: Brielbara is the one that is supposed to do the leaving, not Jaheira or Khalid. The action of the original speaker is transferred to the interjecting NPC which will be corrected in the next version.

Thank you very much for reporting and sorry it wasn't corrected earlier!

For now, taking J. and K. out of the party before talking to Brielbara is the way to go to prevent this from happening.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Doublechecking:

Searching for: I_C_T ~%tutu_var%BRIELB~

bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#ajint.d(328): I_C_T ~%tutu_var%BRIELB~ 6 X#AjantisBrielbara1

bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#jaint.d(378): I_C_T ~%tutu_var%BRIELB~ 14 X#JaheiraBrielbara

bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#kiint.d(328): I_C_T ~%tutu_var%BRIELB~ 13 X#KivanBrielbaraTalk

Found 3 occurrence(s) in 3 file(s)

in

I_C_T ~%tutu_var%BRIELB~ 14 X#JaheiraBrielbara
== ~%JAHEIRA_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("jaheira") InMyArea("jaheira") !StateCheck("jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("coran") InMyArea("coran") !StateCheck("coran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @112
== ~%KHALID_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("khalid") InMyArea("khalid") !StateCheck("khalid",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("jaheira") InMyArea("jaheira") !StateCheck("jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("coran") InMyArea("coran") !StateCheck("coran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @113
END

I_C_T ~%tutu_var%BRIELB~ 13 X#KivanBrielbaraTalk
== ~%KIVAN_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("kivan") InMyArea("kivan") !StateCheck("kivan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @69
== ~%CORAN_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("kivan") InMyArea("kivan") !StateCheck("kivan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("coran") InMyArea("coran") !StateCheck("coran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @70
END

These need a passback to correct this, I think - we may be able to recycle a Brielbara line (that would be the best non-intrusive solution, I think).

Jastey, please confirm...

not yet repaired

ok, trying to recheck this. Original (EasyTutu) states 13 and 14 in _BREILB.dlg:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 13 // from: 12.3 12.2
 SAY #84983 /* ~What about you Coran?  Are you planning on leaving again? Not even trying to be a father...~ */
 IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~_CORANJ~ 4
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 14 // from:
 SAY #84984 /* ~Maybe someday you'll grow a spine, elf!~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~EscapeArea()
~ SOLVED_JOURNAL #88972 /* ~Brielbara's baby

We succeeded in obtaining Yago's spellbook for Brielbara, who should now be able to undo the curse on her infant child.~ */ EXIT
END

In the same file, after bg1npc:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 13 // from: 12.3 12.2
 SAY #84983 /* ~What about you Coran?  Are you planning on leaving again? Not even trying to be a father...~ */
 IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~_CORANJ~ 4
 IF ~Global("X#KivanBrielbaraTalk","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("kivan")
InMyArea("kivan")
!StateCheck("kivan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#KivanBrielbaraTalk","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_KIVANJ~ 217
END

SAY #104843 /* ~That you are an idiot. Go, if you want, but maybe someday you'll figure out what is it you really want, elf.~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("P#Briel_Stay","GLOBAL",1)
RealSetGlobalTimer("X#BriLostPatience","GLOBAL",SIX_HOURS)

We succeeded in obtaining Yago's spellbook for Brielbara, who should now be able to undo the curse on her infant child.~ */ EXIT
 IF ~Global("X#JaheiraBrielbara","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("jaheira")
InMyArea("jaheira")
!StateCheck("jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InParty("coran")
InMyArea("coran")
!StateCheck("coran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#JaheiraBrielbara","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_JAHEIJ~ 115
END

Jaheira's related state:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 115 // from:
 SAY #101633 /* ~You... you dare treat such a wonderful gift with such... such callousness... such indifference? Some would give anything to be in your place, but you... you do not even seem to care! Just... just stay away from me, elf, lest I do something we both regret later! No, make that, "lest I do something you will regret later".~ */

IF ~InParty("khalid")
InMyArea("khalid")
!StateCheck("khalid",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InParty("jaheira")
InMyArea("jaheira")
InParty("coran")
InMyArea("coran")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_KHALIJ~ 21
END

Khalid's state 21,

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 21 // from:
 SAY #101634 /* ~N-now you’ve r-really d-done it, Coran. *sigh* B-best to leave her alone, until I th-think of a good way to c-calm her d-down...~ */

END

And I suspect the same on Kivan's materials. So, right now, this is a great tutorial on transfer of actions via I_C_T. Jaheira will try to do an EscapeArea(), and so will Khalid. The action needs to be reflected back to Brielbara, as per the original state.

Breaking it down, and we will probably want to link this up to a tutorial somewhere, in the original state Brielbara had the action:

SAY #84984 /* ~Maybe someday you'll grow a spine, elf!~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~EscapeArea()  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

END

It looks like the reply is taking the action, but remember the reply is attached to Breilbara's dialog file, so it is really intended for Brielbara to leave the area forever and be destroyed by the game engine.

We I_C_T into the state twice. Each time, I_C_T "inherits" the action, and transfers it to the actor speaking the line, so in this case Jaheira gets

make that, "lest I do something you will regret later".~ */

which is what we want, because we want that blasted set of actions to happen (both the EascapeAraea() and the Journal stuff) - but since it is an I_C_T instead of an I_C_T2, (which blocks transfer of actions) Jaheira now leaves forevar in a huff. Unless Khalid is present, at which time the action is passed on again -

c-calm her d-down...~ */

Whatever way this plays, the intended action (Breilbara leaving) never makes it back to the original actor.

We can safely revert this one to I_C_T2, I think - back with some code when reverted....

Side Note: on State 13, Brielbara sticks around. There is no problem because there are no actions transferred. State 14 is only available on the response "just pay us" or some such, as far as I can see, and gives a strong reaction.

OK, now, with I_C_T2 used, it means no added passback.

Here is the new decompiled _BREILB state 14:

SAY #101820 /* ~That you are an idiot. Go, if you want, but maybe someday you'll figure out what is it you really want, elf.~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("P#Briel_Stay","GLOBAL",1)
RealSetGlobalTimer("X#BriLostPatience","GLOBAL",SIX_HOURS)

IF ~Global("X#JaheiraBrielbara","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("jaheira")
InMyArea("jaheira")
InParty("coran")
InMyArea("coran")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#JaheiraBrielbara","GLOBAL",1)
EscapeArea()
~ EXTERN ~_JAHEIJ~ 115
END

The EscapeArea() is left with Brielbara.

The following Jaheira state now runs

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 115 // from:
 SAY #98607 /* ~You... you dare treat such a wonderful gift with such... such callousness... such indifference? Some would give anything to be in your place, but you... you do not even seem to care! Just... just stay away from me, elf, lest I do something we both regret later! No, make that, "lest I do something you will regret later".~ */
 IF ~~ THEN SOLVED_JOURNAL #88972 /* ~Brielbara's baby

IF ~InParty("khalid")
InMyArea("khalid")
!StateCheck("khalid",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InParty("jaheira")
InMyArea("jaheira")
InParty("coran")
InMyArea("coran")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_KHALIJ~ 21
END

, etc.

confirmed repaired, 11/25/2008 prerelease v17

Archived