Item Index

Bastard Swords

Albruin +1
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to poison effects
Combat Abilities:
Luminous: target must save vs. spell or be outlined by a pale glowing light, suffering -2 penalty to AC and being unable to hide for 4 rounds
THAC0: +1 bonus
Damage: 1D10 + 1

Notes: almost impossible and worthless to get in vanilla, we've moved this sword early on (it's the easiest to get within SoA now). I've added a quite unique Luminous effect which combined with its immunity to poison should make this weapon a very useful anti-thief weapon for all those early encounters with them.

Taragarth +2
Combat Abilities:
Acidic: creatures struck suffer 1D4 additional points of acid damage
THAC0: +2 bonus
Damage: 1D10 + 2

Notes: previously unused (except by UB). I've restored its PnP background and based on it I've decided for a classic anti-troll weapon.

Lawgiver +2
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to confusion effects
Combat Abilities:
Axiomatic: inflicts 2 points of additional damage against non-lawful creatures and 4 additional points against creatures of chaotic alignment

Notes: it replaces "Kondar +1, +3 vs. shapshifter". At players request I've slightly modified PnP Axiomatic effect, making it work not only against chaotic creatures but also all non-lawful ones. Such change should help keeping the sword effective/appealing in much more circumstances.

Jhor The Bleeder +2
Combat Abilities:
Wounding: target suffer 1 point of bleeding damage every round for 1 turn

Notes: the damage inflicted is the same as vanilla (10hp) but the effect lasts twice as long with a slower damage rate. Furthmore bleeding damage doesn't use "poison opcode" anymore, making it a completely separate/different effect.

Sword of Balduran +2
Equipped Abilities:
Magic Resistance: +10% bonus
Combat Abilities:
Silverblade: inflicts 4 additional points of damage against lycanthropes & vampires

Notes: I merged the concepts of both BG1 Sword of Balduran and its BG2 version (which for some reason was using a different filename and was available only via bonus merchant). Its silver blade now inflicts +4 dmg vs werewolves and vampires (instead of +2 thac0/dmg as vanilla BG1), but it also grants +10% magic resistance much like BG2 version of this sword.

Blade of Searing +3
Combat Abilities:
Burning Wounds: target must save vs. death or suffer -2 penalty to attack rolls and 1 point of fire damage each round for 3 rounds
THAC0: +3 bonus
Damage: 1D10 + 3

Notes: In an effort to always do something relatively unique I've replaced its common Flaming effect (it did only +1 fire dmg in vanilla) with the Burning Wounds effect (target must save vs. death or suffer -2 penalty to attack rolls and 1 point of fire damage each round for 3 rounds).

Purifier +3
Equipped Abilities:
Combat Abilities:
Holy: deals 3 additional points of damage against all of evil alignment
Cleansing: 15% chance evil creatures hit must save vs. spell at -4 or be purified by this blade, suffering various effects depending on their level
Target's Hit Dice - Effects of Cleansing
14 or more - Deafened
<14 - Blinded, and deafened
<10 - Paralyzed, blinded, and deafened
<5 - Killed

THAC0: +4 bonus
Damage: 1D10 + 4

Notes: I've halved the magic resistance bonus, extended additional damage to all evil creatures (previously only chaotic evil ones), and added the Cleansing effect (which is a lesser Holy Word).

Purifier +4
Special Abilities:
Draw Upon Holy Might (twice per day)
Greater Restoration (once per day)

Equipped Abilities:
Magic Resistance: +15% bonus
Combat Abilities:
Holy: deals 6 additional points of damage against all of evil alignment
Cleansing: 15% chance evil creatures hit must save vs. spell at -4 or be purified by this blade, suffering various effects depending on their level
Target's Hit Dice - Effects of Cleansing
19 or more - Deafened
<19 - Blinded, and deafened
<15 - Paralyzed, blinded, and deafened
<10 - Killed

THAC0: +5 bonus
Damage: 1D10 + 5

Notes: upgrading the sword improves all its effects. I've changed Mass Cure with Greater Restoration and Dispel with Draw Upon Holy Might.

Foebane +4
Equipped Abilities:
Saving Throws: +1 bonus
Combat Abilities:
Foe Bane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and damage against undead, shapeshifters, and all extra-planar beings
Vampiric: drains one to four hit points from the target and transfers it to the wielder

Notes: it's a long story. Vanilla's Foebane had +3 enchantment and dealt +6 damage against undead creatures, dopplegangers, Lycanthropes, Rakshasas, and Demons (there also was an unused SW1H63A.EFF dealing +6 damage vs. evil creatures). PnP Foebane has +4 enchantment, +6 damage to all those creatures (evil ones included), +4 to all saves, a spell turning effect and the vampiric effect.
I've re-introduced the additional damage against evil creatures, but I've tied it to its holy scabbard, and thus to the upgraded version. I've instead given the vampiric effect to the unimproved version as this feature plays a major role in the extensive background now assigned to this blade.

Foebane +5
Equipped Abilities:
Saving Throws: +2 bonus
Combat Abilities:
Foe Bane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and damage against undead, shapeshifters, and all extra-planar beings; deals +6 additional damage against evil creatures
Vampiric: drains one to four hit points from the target and transfers it to the wielder

Notes: Once upgraded this sword should be more or less as powerful as in vanilla. It usually deals more damage, but works as a full +5 weapon only against selected foes. As always I'm open to suggestions, especially regarding such powerful weapons.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Short Bows

Tuigan Bow +1
Combat Abilities:
Rapid Shot: +1 attack per round
Damage: +1 bonus

Notes: unchanged.

Eagle Bow +2
Combat Abilities:
Entangle: 50% chance target must save vs. breath or be entangled for 2 rounds
Damage: +2 bonus

Notes: previously a plain short bow +2. I've added the entangle effect, but I need some feedback to balance it. BG1 only at the moment.

Tansheron's Bow +3
Requires no ammunition, but normal arrows cannot be fired with this bow. Phantom Arrows are considered to be of +3 enchantment when determining what they can hit
Combat Abilities:
Phantom Arrow: 20% chance target must save vs. spell or flee in terror for 2 rounds
Damage: 1D6 + 3

Notes: Normal arrows cannot be fired from this bow anymore. I wanted to make Phantom Arrows more "unique" adding an effect (e.g. chill touch or fear) or some damage (e.g magic or cold). At the moment I've opted for a fear effect. What do you say?

Iron Bow of Gesen +4
Requires no ammunition, but normal arrows cannot be fired with this bow. Lightning spears are considered to be of +4 enchantment when determining what they can hit
Combat Abilities:
Lightning Spear: inflicts additional 2D6 points of electrical damage (save vs. breath half)
THAC0: +4
Damage: 1D6 + 4 piercing

Notes: mostly unchanged. Normal arrows cannot be fired from this bow anymore. As above, we may add something special (e.g. 5% chance of chain lightning on hit). Any suggestion?

Darkfire Bow +4
Special Abilities (once per day):
Darkfire Shield: a shield of crakling violet flames grants the wielder +50% fire/cold resistance and inflicts 5 points of fire/cold damage to whoever succesfully hit him
Equipped Abilities:
Fire Resistance: +10% bonus
Cold Resistance: +10% bonus
Darkfire: inflicts additional 1D4 points of either fire or cold damage

Damage: +4 bonus

Notes: I've raised resistances by 5% and added elemental damage to make it appealing. I've also replaced Improved Haste with Darkfire Shield (though this ability may be not too suited for a ranged weapon).

Darkfire Bow +5
Darkfire Shield: a shield of crakling violet flames grants the wielder +50% fire/cold resistance and inflicts 5 points of fire/cold damage to whoever succesfully hit him
Equipped Abilities:
Fire Resistance: +20% bonus
Cold Resistance: +20% bonus
Darkfire: inflicts additional 1D4 points of fire and 1D4 of cold damage

Damage: +5 bonus

Notes: same as above, the improved version at the moment "only boost" every ability.

Long Bows

Long Bow of Marksmanship +2
Equipped Abilities:
Marksmanship: +10% chance to score critical hits
Damage: +3 bonus

Notes: previously a plain unique bow +2. BG1 only at the moment.

Elven Court Bow +3
Equipped Abilities:
Elvencraft: +4 bonus to AC vs. melee attacks
Damage: +4 bonus
Usable by:
Elf
Half-Elf

Notes: Its new Elvencraft feature should simulate the ability to fight in melee with the bow without serious penalties, and it should be pretty good for an Archer (kitted) character imo.

Mana Bow +4
Equipped Abilities:
Combat Abilities:
Illusion Bane: 20% chance to dispel illusionary protections and creatures

Notes: I've added the Illusion Bane ability (20% chance to dispel illusionary protections and creatures), and instead of 20% magic damage resistance I've put a 10% magic resistance. This is obviously intended to be a Wizard Slayer oriented bow.

Taralash +4
Equipped Abilities:
Movement Rate: +2 bonus
Combat Abilities:
Crippling: 20% chance to reduce target's movement rate by half for 4 rounds

Notes: unchanged for now. It deserves to be very powerful considering its found at the very end of Watcher's Keep!

Taralash +5
Equipped Abilities:
Movement Rate: +2 bonus
Combat Abilities:
Crippling: 20% chance to reduce target's movement rate by half for 4 rounds
Rapid Shot: +1 attack per round
Damage: +6 bonus

Notes: I've yet to find a good way to make the improved version. I've temporarily added the rapid shot ability, but I don't like it to "steal" the Tuigan's main feature.

Composite Long Bows

Ripper +2
Equipped Abilities:
Sunder Armor: each hit reduces target's armor class by 1 for 2 rounds
Requires: 18 Strength

Notes: I've added the sunder armor ability to make it unique.

Strong Arm +2
Damage: +9 bonus
Requires: 19 Strength

Notes: I think its phenomenal damage is enough even without any other special feature.

Heartseeker +3
Combat Abilities:
Seeking: additional +3 to attack rolls
Heartseeking: 10% chance target must save vs. death or die
Requires: 16 Strength

Notes: I've replaced the +7 on attack rolls once/day with the Seeking ability, and I've added PnP Heartseeking ability.

Arrows

Arrow of Biting
Combat Abilities:
Envenomed: target must save vs. poison or suffer 1 point of damage each second for 4 rounds
Damage: 1D6

Notes: after having discovered that % damage from poison opcode doesn't work at all (it dealt 1 dmg per sec for 20 secs), thus I had to replace it with a more common damage output: it now works as a double strength Envenomed weapon. I've considerably reduced their price from 75 per arrow to 25.

Arrow of Detonation
Combat Abilities:
Explosion: 6d6 fire damage in a 30' radius on impact (save vs. breath half)
Damage: 1D6

Notes: unchanged.

Arrow of Fire +1
Combat Abilities:
Flaming: creatures struck suffer 1D3 additional points of fire damage
THAC0: +1
Damage: 1D6 + 1

Notes: I've made them properly enchanted, and they are improved in pratically all aspects.

Arrow of Ice +1
Combat Abilities:
Icy: creatures struck suffer 1D3 additional points of fire damage

Notes: I've made them properly enchanted, and they are improved in pratically all aspects.

Arrow of Dispelling +1
Combat Abilities:
Dispelling: remove any magical effect on target unless a save vs. spell is made

Notes: they were previously considered non-magical. The dispelling effect now allow a save vs. spell, making these overpowered arrows a lot more balanced. Note that they will now bypass SR's Protection from Missile. Should I raise enchantment lvl to let them hit powerful creatures?

Arrow of Slaying +1
Combat Abilities:
Monster Slaying: target must save vs. death or be killed

Notes: afaik they were previously unused. They now work as an Arrow of Monster Slaying (e.g. it doesn't work on golems, undead, elementals, and so on), and allow a save vs death to negate the effect. I used the 'slay' opcode instead of vorpal's 'kill', and most boss-like characters are immune to it. Their price is sky high (1000gp for a single arrow), and they are available (thanks to Ardanis) only in very limited amounts.

Acid Arrow +2
Combat Abilities:
Acidic: inflicts 1d4 additional points of acid damage each round for 2 rounds
THAC0: +2
Damage: 1D6 + 2

Notes: I've raised its enchantment by 1 (and consequently its price), and instead of BG1 2d6 points of acid damage on hit (which I previously nerfed to 1d3 like Arrows of Fire/Ice) I've made them deal 1d4 points of damage after 6 seconds, and other 1d4 after 12 seconds (no elemental damage on hit).

Arrow of Piercing +3
Combat Abilities:
Piercing: target must save vs. death or suffer additional 2D6 piercing damage
THAC0: +3

Notes: I've changed them somewhat though the concept is unchanged. I've made it +3 enchanted to allow archers to have something to hit Demons and the like.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Clubs

Gnasher +2
Combat Abilities:
Slivers: inflicts 2 points of piercing damage each round for 2 rounds
Damage: 1D4 + 2

Notes: almost unchanged.

Blackblood +2
Combat Abilities:
Acidic: creatures struck suffer 1D4 additional points of acid damage
Acid Splash: 5% chance of dealing 20 additional points of acid damage

Notes: previously a +3 weapon (too easily obtainable), acid damage has been changed from +3 to +1D4 but I've also added a critical hit like effect, which I'm thinking to further refine by adding it a small AoE (using an imported IWD animation).

Bone Club +3
Combat Abilities:
Dooming: target must save vs. spell or suffer a -2 penalty to attack rolls, damage rolls and saving throws for 1 turn (non-cumulative)
Undead Bane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and +8 to damage against undead

Damage: 1D4 + 1

Notes: slightly increased the damage vs. undead; added the Dooming ability to make it useful against non-undead creatures.

The Root of the Problem +3
Combat Abilities:
Entangling: 33% chance target must save vs. breath or be entangled for 2 rounds
Monster Bane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and +8 to damage against monsters

Notes: now uses IR standardized Bane effects but the concept is till the same of vanilla version. The only real new entry is the entangle ability. I think this weapon deserves to be a good one as only druids can get it and not so easily.

Club of Detonation +3
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to normal weapons
Combat Abilities:
Detonation: 10% chance a 5d6 fireball will detonate with each successful attack
Flaming: creatures struck suffer 1D6 additional points of fire damage
Fiery Blow: 5% chance target will take an additional 20 points of fire damage

Damage: 1D4 + 3

Notes: now use the wonderful UB's extended description, which tells the demon trapped inside the weapon was completely immune to weapons, and the only way to deafeat it resulted in trapping it inside this club. Compared to vanilla it deals slightly less fire damage in exchange for the weapon immunity.

Club of Detonation +4
Protection from Magical Weapons
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to normal weapons
Fire Resistance: +40% bonus

Combat Abilities:
Detonation: 5% chance a 10d6 fireball will detonate with each successful attack

Fiery Blow: 5% chance target will take an additional 20 points of fire damage
Damage: 1D6 + 4

Notes: further expanded the concepts of the total immunity to weapons (the Ring of Fire Resistance makes the demon's powers more controllable). I've decreased the enchantment bonus by one as trade-off for the once/day PfMW and the added fire resistance.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Light Crossbows

Light Crossbow of Speed +1
Combat Abilities:
Rapid Reload: +1 attack per round
Damage: +1 (missile)

Notes: unchanged (except the +1 bonus to attack rolls shared by all xbows).

Necaradan's Crossbow +3
Combat Abilities:
Sharpshoot: 25% chance the user remains invisible for 1 round after an attack
Damage: +2 (missile)

Notes:I've added the sharpshoot ability. When the ability effectively trigger the character remains completely unnoticed if he was already invisible/hidden in shadow.

Firetooth +4
Note: requires no ammunition, but normal bolts cannot be fired with this xbow. Fire Bolts are considered to be of +4 enchantment when determining what they can hit.
Combat Abilities:
Fire Bolts: inflict additional 2D4 points of fire damage (save vs. breath half)
Damage: 1D8 + 4

Notes:I've reduced thac0 by 1 and increased fire damage from +2 to +2D4. Normal bolts cannot be fired from this crossbow anymore.

Firetooth +5
Note: requires no ammunition, but normal bolts cannot be fired with this xbow. Fire Bolts are considered to be of +5 enchantment when determining what they can hit.
Combat Abilities:
Fire Bolts: inflict additional 2D6 points of fire damage to opponents within 5 feet (save vs. breath half)
THAC0: +6 bonus
Damage: 1D8 + 5

Notes:the improved version now fires +5 enchanted bolts that also explode upon contact and damage opponents within a small area.

Heavy Crossbows

Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy +1
Combat Abilities:
Accuracy: additional +3 to attack rolls, and +10% chance to score critical hits
Damage: +3 (missile)

Notes: I've added the 10% chance to score critical hits because a plain +x to thac0 doesn't seem very unique to me, but I've reduced enchantment level by one because this weapon is both available in BG1 and easily available in BG2.

Heavy Crossbow of Searing +2
Combat Abilities:
Flaming: creatures struck suffer 1D4 additional points of fire damage
Damage: +4 (missile)

Notes: I've changed fire damage from +2 to +1D4, and increased enchantment level by 1.

Giant Hair Crossbow +3
Combat Abilities:
Knockback: target must save vs. death or be knocked back unconscious for 1 round
Slow Reload: -1/2 attack per round

Damage: +8 (missile)
Requires: 15 Strength

Notes: I've added Knockback to make it "special", then I also gave it +3 additional damage and a slower attack rate at player's request.

Crossbow of Affliction +4
Combat Abilities:
Affliction: wielder's strength is reduced to 90% for 4 rounds
Diseasing: target must save vs. poison or suffer 2 point of damage each round and be slowed for 4 rounds

Damage: +6 (missile)

Notes: I've changed it from a light xbow to a heavy one. Light xbows already have the outstandingl Firetooh when it comes to end game specimen, while heavy xbows would have completely lacked a highly enchanted and rare specimen. The strength malus has been revised in order to be effectively a hindrance instead of not affecting at all the usefulness of the weapon. I've added disease effect to make it more powerful, and considering this xbow is gained at the very end of the Underdark we can freely make it quite powerful, but it has to be tested and balanced. Let me know what you think about it.

Bolts

Bolt of Biting
Combat Abilities:
Envenomed: target must save vs. poison or suffer 1 point of damage each second for 4 rounds
Damage: 1D10

Notes: changed to match Arrow of Biting.

Bolt of Polymorphing +1
Combat Abilities:
Polymorphing: target must save vs. polymorph or be transformed in a squirrel

Notes: previously unused. Slightly changed to use SR-like polymorph effects, and restored within the game in limited amounts.

Bolt of Lightning +2
Combat Abilities:
Shock: 4D4 electrical damage (save vs. breath for half)
THAC0: +2

Notes: I've only increased their enchantmen lvl by 1.

Blessed Bolt +3
Combat Abilities:
Blessed: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and damage against undead, and evil extra-planar beings

Notes: pratically unused in vanilla. Instead of slaying Rakshasas on-hit, these bolts now have a +2 bless bonus to thac0 and damage against evil extra-planar beings (demons, devils, fallen devas/planetars/solars, Rakshasas, ...) and undead creatures. The enchantment lvl now counts as +3 (instead of +1) to make sure they can be used against such powerful creatures, and to provide xbows a highly enchanted ammo type. Edited by Demivrgvs

Daggers

Dagger of <CHARNAME> +1
Equipped Abilities:
Armor Class: +1 bonus
Intelligence: +1 bonus

Usable by:
Mage (single, dual, & multi-class)

Notes: I've tried to make it a little more interesting than a plain +1 dagger with your name on it.

Neb's Nasty Cutter +1
Combat Abilities:
Keen: +5% chance to score critical hits
Diseasing: target must save vs. poison or suffer 2 point of damage each round and be slowed for 4 rounds
Usable by:
Evil-aligned character

Notes: I've removed the bastard sword-like 2d4 damage output and made it use dagger's 1d4. Vanilla's slow + poison effect really don't work well on the same weapon (the former hinders the latter), thus I've replace them with two 'disease' effects (same concept but more functional). This should also make the Nasty Cutter more unique compared to the Dagger of Venom. The keen effect is just there as a small add on, inspired by the blade's strange design.

Longtooth +2
Combat Abilities:
Armor Piercing: additional +3 bonus to attack rolls

Notes: I've added the armor piercing effect, but I've yet to decide if and where restoring the item in BG2.

Dagger of Venom +2
Combat Abilities:
Envenomed: creatures struck by the weapon must save vs. poison or suffer 1 point of damage each second for 3 rounds

Notes: the huge poison damage really needed a save as it was almost brokenly OP for BG1.

Pixie Prick +2
Combat Abilities:
Pixie Dust: 20% chance of making the user invisible for 4 rounds
Sleep: 20% chance target must save vs. spell or fall asleep for 2 rounds

Notes: I've severely reduced the chance of triggering the sleep effect (vanilla had 100%) but I've removed its vanilla +6 bonus against the save (which was making it virtually useless later on imo) and I've added the pixie dust effect.

Stiletto of Demarchess +2
Combat Abilities:
Bleeding Damage: 1hp/round for 2 rounds
Paralyzing: 20% chance target must save vs. paralyze or be held for 2 rounds

Notes: I've re-done vanilla's paralyzing effect (e.g. hold opcode instead of stun, works via spl, etc.), but the weapon is conceptually unchanged. I've just added a very small bleeding effect inspired by its lore/background.

Boomerang Dagger +2
Combat Abilities:
Crippling: 20% chance to reduce target's movement rate by half
Returning: returns to the wielder's hand instantly after an attack is made

Notes: the crippling effect should be very useful on a ranged weapon, though it may be necessary to add something more to this weapon considering how late you can acquire it.

Dragon Tooth +3
Combat Abilities:
Flaming: creatures struck suffer 1D4 additional points of fire damage

Notes: renamed from Fire Tooth (there's a unique xbow called Firetooth for god's sake!). Many "hidden" improvements (e.g. usable as off-hand weapon, no +1 apr when used as melee weapon), but conceptually it hasn't changed at all.

Spider Fang +3
Combat Abilities:
Web: 33% chance target must save vs. breath or be held for 2 rounds
Acidic: creatures struck suffer 1D3 additional points of acid damage

Notes: previously a plain +4 dagger, namely Boneblade. Web effect is intentionally similar to Stiletto's paralyze and Pixie Prick's sleep, but the saves against these effects are breath, death and spell respectively, allowing different opportunities.

I'd personally make the web effect to last a bit longer (3 rounds) and work as a sort of entangle (0% movement rate, -2 penalty to thac0 and AC) instead of paralyzing the targe. The only thing holding me back is that it wouldn't be consistent with vanilla's Web spell.

Life Stealer +4
Combat Abilities:
Damage: 1D4 + 4

Notes: I've yet to decide where to restore it, and I may have to mod the background I've assigned it as I used Entreri's lore. It uses V3's standard Vampiric effect which reduces target's current hit points instead of dealing magic damage a la V2, and doesn't work against non-living targets anymore.

Dagger of the Star +4
Combat Abilities:
Stardust: 20% chance of blinding every opponent within 5 feet for 4 rounds (save vs. breath at -4 neg.)
Starmetal: deals additional 4 points of damage to extraplanar creatures

Notes: I've found some satisfaction with 3D effects for this dagger. Both abilities are new and replace vanilla's 5% chance to make the wielder invisible. As extraplanar creatures I've considered rakshasas, demons and fallen devas/planetars/solars...am I missing some of them? Let me know how effective Stardust effect is, we may have to nerf it.

Dagger of the Star +5
Combat Abilities:
Stardust: 20% chance of blinding every opponent within 5 feet for 4 rounds (save vs. breath at -4 neg.)
Starmetal: inflicts 5 additional points of damage against extraplanar creatures
Starbolt: 15% chance to deal additional 4D4 magical damage

Damage: 1D4 + 5

Notes: vanilla 15% chance to deal 1d8 fire/electrical dmg has been replaced by the Starbolt abilty (which also uses a cool animation when triggered). I've also made this dagger thrownable.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Darts

Darts of Wounding

Combat Abilities:

Bleeding Damage: 1hp/round for 5 rounds

Damage: 1D3

Notes: I've changed the poison effect (which was the same of Arrow/Bolt of Biting and Asp's Nest too) with a bleeding effect (very similar but more appropriate imo). Should I raise the bleeding damage and/or allow a save? Vanilla's ones were unenchanted, and I've left them so thinking they shoudln't be able to harm an undead creature, but as always I leave the last word to players.

Dart of Stunning +1

Combat Abilities:

Stunning: target must save vs. spell or be stunned for 1 round

Damage: 1D3 + 1

Notes: I've raised the enchantment level by one, vanilla's ones were unenchanted but they were flagged as magical (enchantment level 0 :) ). I've radically reduced stunning duration from 7 rounds to only 1, and considering darts are throwned at the amazing rate of 3 per rounds I think they are already quite powerful, anyway I may raise it by 1 you think it's better.

Asp's Nest +2

Combat Abilities:

Poison: target must save vs. poison or suffer 1 point of damage every 3 seconds until 40 points of are inflicted

Damage: 1D3 + 2

Notes: I've increased enchantment level by 1. I may slightly change its poison effect (more/less damage, higher/lower duration, ...) depending on players' feedback.

Crimson Dart +3

Combat Abilities:

Flaming: creatures struck suffer 1D3 additional points of fire damage

Damage: 1D3 + 3

Notes: the easiest thing to do to improve it has been adding fire damage, but I'm open to any suggestion. Surely being it the most powerful dart in the entire game it deserves to be more powerful than vanilla's version.

Edited by Mike1072

Flails

Flail of Submission +2

Combat Abilities:

Domineering: 50% chance target must save vs spell or suffer -2 penalty to attack rolls and AC

Damage: 2D4 + 2

Notes: a completely new itm file to introduce an early-game specimen for this rare weapon type.

Defender of Easthaven +2

Equipped Abilities:

Maximum Hit Points: +10 bonus

Combat Abilities:

Cleave: 20% chance on hit to gain 1 additional attack in the following round

Damage: 2D4 + 2

Notes: it now has a nice background that perfectly suits its current abilities. I've reduced enchantment level by one to allow it to be found in SoA chapters without being overpowered.

I had to replace 10% physical resistance with +10HP for balance purposes (the 100%+ res issue is a pain to handle), and the lore I assigned it suggested me to add an on hit ability, Cleave, which was really needed imo, as I don't like a flail to look like an off-hand weapon!

Flail of Ages +3

Combat Abilities (20% chance each):

Cold Head: 1D3 additional cold damage, slow target for 3 rounds

Fire Head: 1D3 additional fire damage, -2 penalty to THAC0 for 3 rounds

Acid Head: 1D3 additional acid damage, -2 penalty to AC for 3 rounds

Note: targets can save vs. spell to avoid the secondary effects but will still suffer elemental damage.

Damage: 2D4 + 3

Notes: it had 33% chance to slow for 3 rounds (no save!), and a total of +3 elemental damage on each hit, thus the current solution should be a very slight nerf. Each effect is associated to a different elemental damage animation, thus you always know which effect you are inflicting.

Flail of Ages +5

Combat Abilities (20% chance each):

Cold Head: 1D5 additional cold damage, slow target for 3 rounds

Fire Head: 1D5 additional fire damage, -2 penalty to THAC0 for 3 rounds

Acid Head: 1D5 additional acid damage, -2 penalty to AC for 3 rounds

Poison Head: 1D5 additional poison damage, further 1hp/sec for 2 rounds

Electric Head: 1D5 additional electrical damage, stuns for 1 round

Note: targets can save vs. spell at a -4 penalty to avoid the secondary effects but will still suffer elemental damage.

Damage: 2D4 + 5

Notes: elemental damage has been decreased from 10 fixed damage to random 1D5 (actually because of how staggered probabilities work there's a little chance of dealing multiple D5 damage), +5% to magic resistance is gone and at the moment free action has been removed too in favor of more combat abilities (e.g. poison and stun effects).

Edited by Demivrgvs

Halberds

Suryris's Blade +2
Combat Abilities:
Stunning: target must save vs. spell or be stunned for 1 round

Notes: it already was an unique item sold by Ribald but despite its background it shared the same name and effects of plain halberds +2. I've added an on hit effect to make it more unique but it has to be tested for balance issues (especially within BG1), and eventually replaced if you have any better suggestion.

Duskblade +2
Combat Abilities:
Creeping Cold: inflicts 2 points of cold damage each round for 4 rounds

Notes: cold damage changed from 2 on hit to 2 per round for 4 rounds.

Wyrmcleaver +3 (previously named Dragon's Bane)
Combat Abilities:
Cleave: with each succesful hit there's a 33% chance of gaining one extra attack in the next round
Dragon Bane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and +8 to damage against dragons
Keen: +10% chance to score critical hits

Notes: one of the revisions i like the most. Against dragons it works as before (only slightly more damaging) but against non-dragon creatures it now has -2 to damage and attack rolls (the aim is making "Bane" weapons really shine only against the selected enemies). Anyway it can still be even more powerful than ever because of the increased chance to score critical hits (which is further doubled by the two handed weapon style) and the Cleave ability. Cleave is a tricky effect: normally it's a sort of lesser speed (which always give a full +1 attack per round), but coupled with Improved Haste or Whirlwind Attack is really good.

Dragon's Breath +3
Combat Abilities:
Dragon's Breath: inflicts additional 1D10 points of either acid, cold, electrical, fire or poison damage

Notes: restored the missing physical damage related to enchantment bonuses, elemental damage changed from a total of 5 points to random 1D10 of each type. It should be slightly more powerful than before but it has been "nerfed" from +4 enchantment to +3.

Blackmist +4
Black Mist: blinds everyone within 10' radius
Combat Abilities:
Blind-Fight: wielder fights without penalties even if unable to see and cannot be backstabbed

Notes: added the Blind-Fight ability to make it more interesting. I think it's really rare to acquire this weapon, let it be something very special at least.

The Wave +4
Equipped Abilities:
Protection from Spell: Horrid Wilting
Combat Abilities:
Smashing Wave: 15% chance of inflicting 4D6 points of crushing damage to target and opponents within 5 feet
Fire Eating: efreeti, fire elementals, fire giants and fire salamanders must save vs. death at -4 penalty or be slayed

Notes: Smashing Wave is an AoE version of its original effect (15% chance to inflict 15 cold dmg), and now uses a water based animation stolen from IWD. :) I've also added immunity to Horrid Wilting which seems very appropriate. Its slaying effect now allows a save, albeit with a heavy penalty.

Ravager +4
Special Abilities (twice per day):
Cloak of Fear
Combat Abilities:
Dooming: target must save vs. spell or suffer -2 penalty to attack rolls, damage rolls and saving throws for 5 rounds (non-cumulative)

Notes: I've added the Dooming property.

Ravager +5
Special Abilities (three times per day):
Cloak of Fear
Combat Abilities:
Doom: target receives a -2 penalty to attack rolls, damage rolls and saving throws for 5 rounds (non-cumulative)
Viperous: 15% chance to inject a lethal poison which inflicts 10 points of damage every second for 2 rounds unless a save vs. poison at -4 penalty is made
Damage: 1D10 + 5

Notes: it previously had a 10% chance to kill the target (no save) and the ability to inflict 3D6 points of poison damage on hit (save vs. poison negates). I've "merged" them into a single lethal poison based ability which I also assigned to the Serpent Shaft (the item used to upgrade the Ravager).

Edited by Demivrgvs

Katanas

Malakar +2
Equipped Abilities:
Parrying: +1 bonus (none vs. missile)

Notes: I've simply expanded vanilla's Malakar ("Dueling Steel") concept. This is the only 1handed weapon to still have Keen property within V3, but this is done on purpose, to allow exploiting the dual wielding stacking issue to create a daisho (aka you get +10% chance to score criticals with both weapons when wielding the two Malakar swords). Kachiko's Wakizashi has been changed to be an almost identical copy of Malakar (+1 AC, and +5% critical hit chance - aka scores criticals on a 19-20 roll), and I've temporarily renamed it Malakar's Companion (if a better name comes up we can change it). The end result is that these two swords aren't particularly threatening on their own, but used together they both score criticals on a 18-20 roll.

Dak'kon's Zerth Blade +2
Equipped Abilities:
Memorize one extra spell of each level from 1st to 4th

Notes: I'd like to make it work more similar to its original incarnation, with its strength tied to wielder's level, but it requires a script, and I don't like to touch baldur.bcs. I'll think about it anyway.

Celestial Fury +3
Special Abilities:
Batto (at will): when Celestial Fury is drawn, thunder and lightning explode from the scabbard blinding (3 rounds) and deafening (6 rounds) opponents within 10 feet; those who succesfully save vs. wand cannot be affected by this ability for the duration of the encounter
Lightning Bolt (once per day): an arc of lightning leap at one target inflicting 10D6 points of damage (save vs. breath half)

Combat Abilities:
Booming Thunder: every successful strike causes a boom that stuns opponents for 1 round (save vs. spell neg.)
Shocking Blow: 5% chance of dealing 20 additional electrical damage

Notes: mostly unchanged. I've replaced once/day Blindness with its PnP ability (I've named it Batto because of how it works). I don't think it really needs to be nerfed as long as you play with SCS (which should make quite impossible to achieve it early), if we ever opt for nerfing it we may reduce the chance to 50% and then add Electrical Resistance to "even the odds" (PnP's version grants complete immunity to electricity).

Hindo's Doom +3
Lesser Restoration
Equipped Abilities:
Combat Abilities:
Tenchu: 10% chance of casting Holy Smite upon the target (5th caster level)

Notes: I've added the Tenchu (literally "Wrath of Heavens") ability, which suits quite well the weapon's background (though vanilla's one has to be extended) and ensure this weapon won't be always relegated to the off-hand (vanilla's version lacked of usefulness in the main hand). The un-upgraded version now already grants magic resistance (because the upgrade is available very late in the game).

Hindo's Doom +4
Greater Restoration
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to death effects
Magic Resistance: +15% bonus
Tenchu: 15% chance of casting Holy Smite upon the target (5th caster level)

Notes: as always upgarding the items improves most of its abilities. The new combat ability and +5% magic resistance are the only changes here.

Wakizashis

Malakar's Companion +2
Equipped Abilities:
Parrying: +1 bonus (none vs. missile)

Damage: 1D8 + 2

Notes: replaces Kachiko's Wakizashi (a bonus merchant's items).

Yamato +3
Equipped Abilities:
Counterattack: all who strike the wearer in melee suffer 1d8+3 points of slashing damage
Damage: 1D8 + 3

Notes: I've simply improved vanilla's Yamato ("The Guardian"). I had created a nice Parry effect (which absorbed the first attack each round), but unfortunately the stoneskin-like effect has both the color chance and sound effect hardcoded which lead me to discard the idea. Some players suggested to use a temporarily immunity to weapons but I think it wouldn't work too well. Anyway, the current status is at least quite unique and this blade should be very useful as an off hand weapon for dual wielders.

Usuno's Blade +3
Equipped Abilities:
Movement rate: +1 bonus
Combat Abilities:
Shocking Blow: 5% chance of dealing 20 additional points of electrical damage
Shocking: creatures struck suffer 1D6 additional points of electrical damage

Notes: I've turned it from a ninja-to into a wakizashi. I've simply expanded vanilla's concept for lack of better idea, but any suggestion is welcome.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Long Swords

Blade of Roses +1

Equipped Abilities:

Charisma: +1 bonus

Combat Abilities:

Singing Sword: when swung in battle the blade sings, granting +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls, and +1 bonus to saves vs. spell to wielder and allies within 20 feet

Damage: 1D8 + 1

Notes: enchantment level lowered by 2 and charisma bonus by 1 (too easily exploitable to lower store's prices), but overall it should still be very powerful. I need suggestions about the singing sword ability in particular.

Varscona +2

Combat Abilities:

Icy: creatures struck suffer 1D4 additional points of cold damage

Notes: I've "restored" its missing name and I've given it a deserved unique bam. Cold damage has been increased from +1 to +1D4.

Ras +2

Special Abilities (once per turn):

Dancing Sword: the sword can attack on its own for 4 rounds

Notes: vanilla's dancing sword can only dance once per day for 4 rounds, while PnP dancing ability works quite similar to my solution. Would it be better to allow only X times per day with a longer duration?

Namarra +2

Equipped Abilities:

Wall of Silence: wielder is immune to sound-based spells or attacks such as Command, (Un)Holy Word, Power Word, Wail of the Banshee and similar effects

Combat Abilities:

Silencing: target and opponents within 15 feet must save vs. spell or be silenced

Notes: Its new on hit effect is an attempt to improve vanilla's x/day Silence (PnP Namarra can cast silence 15' radius at will), and I prefer the ability to be tied to the sword being effectively used in battle rather than just be equipped in a quickslot. As of V3 I've also added a very unique set of immunities.

Adjatha The Drinker +2

Equipped Abilities:

Hit Points: +10 bonus

Saving Throws: +2 bonus vs. spell

Combat Abilities:

Spell Drinker: arcane casters hit by The Drinker must save vs. spell or lose one memorized spell, raising wielder's maximum hit points by 2 for 1 hour

Notes: I've changed immunity to charm (a quite common ability) with a more generic defense against spells. The added 10 hit points and spell drinker ability aim to make it more similar to its PnP version. Some monsters that make use of arcane spells (like Djinni and and Efreeti) are considered mages (it is especially true if you install SCS).

Flame Tongue +3

Combat Abilities:

Magical Fire: +2 bonus to THAC0 and damage against regenerating creatures, cold creatures & undead

Notes: vanilla's flame tongue didn't do a single point of fire damage!! ;) This blade and/or Sword of Flame can be made so that they deal pure fire damage instead of physical damage.

Dragonslayer +3

Heroism: allies within 30' gain +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls, and are unaffected by fear for 1 turn

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to fear

Combat Abilities:

Slicing Blow: 15% chance to inflict additional 20 points of slashing damage

Notes: I've reduced its base anchantment level by one, though it's now considered of +3 enchantment when determining what it can hit. I've removed its slow regeneration rate, but I've added the slicing effect (suggested by its strange curved and broad blade) and I've changed dispel illusions with heroism.

There's also a built-in Aura of Courage which was supposed to work only for Cavaliers, but I actually couldn't prevent it from working on all paladin classes and thus I temporarily disabled it.

Vampire's Revenge +3

*CURSED*

Equipped Abilities:

Life Draining: any living being wielding it loses 1 hp every 3 rounds

Combat Abilities:

Notes: This weapon has undergo a huge revamp (the pun is intended) to make it actually usable, and it has been restored to the game, placing it in the blood pool where Mace of Disruption previously was. Its enchantment has been raised from 1 to 3 like all cursed weapons, and I've also added the powerful Vampiric effect to balance its new significant drawback.

Blackrazor +3

Equipped Ability :

Regeneration: 1 hp/round

Immunity to charm and fear effects

Combat Abilities:

Souldrinking: 15% chance to drain one level from the target, raising wielder's maximum hit points by 5, increasing his strength by 1, and hasting him for 1 turn

Notes: Souldrinking ability has been nerfed quite a lot (-3 drained levels, -2 strength bonus, -15 hit points gained) but the beneficial effects last 60 seconds instead of 20, and healed hit points can now raise wielder's maximum health. I previoulsy added a Blood Rage ability (5% chance on every successful hit the wielder goes berserk, gaining +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls, +2 bonus to saving throws, but losing control of himself for 1 turn). I temporarily discarded it, though it was fun and quite roleplaying considering the weapon's background...what do you think about it?

Daystar +4

Sunray (15th caster level)

Combat Abilities:

Righteous: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and damage against evil creatures

Sunblade: inflicts 6 additional points of damage against undead creatures

The Equalizer +4

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to charm & confusion effects

Combat Abilities:

Equalizer: inflicts additional damage depending on target's alignment

+0 vs. true neutral

+2 vs. lawful/chaotic neutral

+4 vs. good/evil neutral

+6 vs. other alignments

Notes: This weapon deserved to be much more powerful than vanilla's version imo. I've better streamlined its original messed up "equalizing" effects, and instead of having a base +0 hit / +0 dmg sword (up to +3 hit / +6 dmg vs. extreme alignments) it now works as a full +4 weapon even against a True Neutral target, and then its dmg increases even more, up to a total of +10 against targets of extreme alignments.

The Answerer +4

Equipped Abilities:

Answerer: whenever struck by an opponent the wielder gains an additional attack the following round

Combat Abilities:

Magic Piercing: each hit reduces target's magic resistance by 5% for 4 rounds

Sundering: each hit reduces target's armor class by 1 for 4 rounds

Speed Factor: 10

Notes: inspired by PnP's Answerer I've added an effect that should give more sense to The Answerer's name (IMO of course). Due to the hardcoded cap of 5 attacks per rounds the weapon shouldn't become ridiculously overpowered. When dual wielding the maximum number of attacks per round with the main hand is 4, meaning this sword is now better suited to Single Weapon or Sword and Shield style (which seems more appropriate for the sword's name/background than dual wielding). Vanilla's effects have been preserved at players' request, but toned down to balance the additional attacks. If it proves to be too powerful I've thought about reducing the starting attack per round rate while equipped, or alternatively it may be possible to reduce the attack rate bonus to half an attack when struck.

Angurvadal +4

Combat Abilities:

Incendiary: inflicts 2 points of fire damage each round for 2 rounds

Notes: I've removed once/day bonus to strength but fire damage has been increased from +1 to +1D6, and I've added the incendiary enhancement on top of it to make it stands out as THE flaming sword. It previously had no background at all, thus I decided to assign it vanilla's Flame Tongue lore (a quite great background), while the latter now uses NWN's Flame Tongue lore (a less "glorious" background).

Angurvadal +5

Combat Abilities:

Flame Whip: target must save vs. breath or be entangled in flames for 2 rounds

Incendiary: inflicts 2 points of fire damage each round for 2 rounds

Damage: 1D8 + 5

Notes: I've added a semi-unique Flame Whip effect, which pratically is an improved entangle with a custom flaming animation.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Maces

Mauler's Arm +1
Combat Abilities:
Strength: +2 bonus
Damage: 2D3 + 1

Notes: changed the "set STR 18" into "+2 bonus to STR", enchantment level reduced by one (the weapon is extremely easy to get, and at a very low price).

Ardulia's Fall +2
Combat Abilities:
Enfeebling: target must save vs. spell or be or be slowed, and suffer -1 penalty to attack rolls and armor class for 1 round
Damage: 2D3 + 2

Notes: The Enfeebling ability is more or less as vanilla's one, but now it doesn't work on elementals, golems, undead, and illusionary creatures and I've removed the +3 bonus to save against the effect (it must be tested to see if it works too often, but I think it shouldn't). Multiple Enfeebling effects stack and I've raised the weapon's enchantment level by one because it's obtained as a reward for completing a long and relatively hard quest (Unseeing Eye's beholders can be a real pain early on without vanilla's shield of cheese!).

Skullcrusher +3
Combat Abilities:
Crushing Blow: 5% chance to inflict 20 points of crushing damage
Bone Breaking: each hit reduces target's maximum hit points by 2 for 1 turn
Human Bane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and +8 to damage against humanoids

Notes: more focused to really represent a human bane weapon as per description. Enchantment level has been reduced by 2 (though it can still hit creatures immune to +2 weapons), but I've added the Bone Breaking (borrowed from Item Upgrade but hugely refined in terms of implementation) and Crushing Blow effects in order to balance the reduced effectiveness against non-humanoids. As of V3 Bone Breaking ability deals 1 point more of damage but it doesn't work against incorporeal creatures, slimes, elementals, golems and illusions.

Mace of Disruption +3
Combat Abilities:
Disruption: undead creatures must save vs. death or be destroyed

Notes: vanilla's "double damage vs. undead" is replaced by the "bane" effect, which deals more or less the same damage but grants a very useful higher enchantment level. I've removed the -4 penalty to the save against disruption because it was way too powerful, and many hardcore players still consider this ability too effective even after this nerf.

Mace of Disruption +4
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to level drain effects
Combat Abilities:
Disruption: undead creatures must save vs. death or be destroyed

Damage: 2D3 + 2

Notes: +4 enchantment level allows it to hit even the most powerful undead creatures: demiliches. We added some illithium in the Underdark, to allow good parties (especially those with paladins) to roleplay Sir Sarles quest without losing the opportunity to upgrade this item.

Storm Star +3
Combat Abilities:
Chain Lightning: 15% chance arcs of lightning leap at all enemies inflicting 3D6 points of electrical damage

Damage: 2D3 + 3

Notes: I've added the chain lightning ability (previously granted to the upgraded version only), increasing it's chance of triggering from 5% to 15% but reducing the damage dealt from 10D6 to 3D6. As hinted by its description ("Storm Star is surprisingly light, making it particularly easy to wield in combat") this weapon has less weight, better speed factor, and lower STR requirement than normal maces, not to mention it's considered a light weapon by the dual wielding tweak (no off-hand thaco penalty).

Storm Star +4
Combat Abilities:
Chain Lightning: 15% chance arcs of lightning leap at all enemies inflicting 3D6 points of electrical damage
Call Lightning: 5% chance to call down a lightning storm upon the target; each round for 4 rounds one opponent is struck for 4D6 points of electrical damage

Damage: 2D3 + 4

Notes: I've replaced vanilla's electrical resistance with a Call Lightning-like ability, and reduced enchantment lvl by 1. Edited by Demivrgvs

Morning Stars

The Sleeper +2

Combat Abilities:

Unconsciousness: 33% chance target must save vs. death or fall asleep for 2 rounds

Notes: I've removed the +3 bonus to save against the effect, but the chance ot triggering the effect itself has been severely reduced (from every hit to 33%). I've borrowed an IWD II's bam for it because it previously shared the common morning star +2 bam.

Wyvern's Tail +2

Combat Abilities:

Venomous: creatures struck by the weapon must save vs. poison or suffer 1 point of damage each second for 2 rounds

Notes: "damage type: poison" (5 points) has been changed to "poison opcode" (1hp/sec for 12 sec).

Kiel's Morning Star +3

*CURSED*

Equipped Abilities:

Berserking: the wielder goes berserk and totally out of control whenever a fight takes place

Immunity to charm & confusion effects

Notes: I've added immunity to charm and confusion which coupled with Kiel's helmet and buckler grant a sort of Mind Shield. I thought it should be "nerfed" to +2 being it available in BG1, but being it a cursed and berserking weapon I can allow it to be unusually powerful as long as most of you agree...if you don't, I'll nerf it. ;)

Ice Star +4

Equipped Abilities:

Fire Resistance: +20% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Bitter Cold: penetrating ice shards deals additional +1D6 cold damage and +1D6 piercing damage

Damage: 1D6 + 5

Notes: increased fire resistance by 5%, cold damage changed from 1D4 to 1D6 and added a +1D6 piercing damage. It's slightly more powerful, and it should be imo considering you get it from Gromnir and that's the last morning star in the game.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Scimitars

Sword of Flame +1

Combat Abilities:

Fiery Blow: 20% chance of dealing additional 20 points of fire damage

Notes: a "new" entry because it previously was a long sword which I'm sure most of you never used. Aside the obvious change of proficiency I've increased the fire damage from 1 to 1D6 and added a critical hit-like fire effect. Probably not a definitive version, but at least it now allows to pick the scimitar proficiency without fearing of not finding a unique specimen for so long...speaking of which, should we add it to BG1?

Rashad's Talon +2

Combat Abilities:

Cleave: with each succesful hit there's a 20% chance of gaining one extra attack in the next round

Notes: previously a plain scimitar +2. I've tried many solutions, and albeit this one isn't particularly unique it makes this weapon very effective in tandem with Belm. It also gets a new bam instead of sharing it with Belm (though it may actually make sense now for them to share it).

Belm +2

Combat Abilities:

Quickness: +1/2 attack per round

Notes: I've halved the attack rate bonus which was widely considered overpowered by veteran players because of its HUGE potential when dual wielded in the off hand.

Water's Edge +3

Combat Abilities:

Fierce Wounds: target must save vs. death or suffer -1 penalty to STR and DEX

Notes: another "new" entry, because it previously was a unique but plain scimitar +3. I'm not 100% satisfied with it (if anyone has a better suggestion let me know) but at least it now has a quite cool pirate based background.

Twinkle +3

Equipped Abilities:

Armor Class: +2 bonus

Notes: Drizzt's scimitars are only slightly revised, but they use new more appropriate bams, colors and pulsating lightning effects. Twinkle now has an enchantment level 2 points lower than before, but it's usable by anyone (should I auto-include "disable Malchor Harpell" tweak within IR?).

Icingdeath +3

Equipped Abilities:

Fire Resistance: +50% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Icy: deals 1D6 additional points of cold damage

Notes: mostly unchanged, share Twinkle's new bam, but it has a different in-game lightning effect. It's correctly flagged as a silver weapon (though I don't know if it matters).

Spectral Brand +3

Spectral Blade: this dancing sword fights on behalf of the one who wields Spectral Brand for 1 turn. The illusionary sword acts as a +3 weapon, has THAC0 3 and attacks once each round inflicting 1d8+3 magic damage. It has 36 hit points, AC 5, 100% resistance to all damage except for pure magic damage, is immune to mind affecting spells

Combat Abilities:

Ghost Blade: the ghostly blade bypasses most armors, granting additional +3 bonus on attack rolls

Chill Touch: creatures struck suffer 1D3 additional points of cold damage and must save vs. death or lose 1 point of strength

Notes: the summoned blade previously missed all immunities to mind affecting spells, and I've slightly improved it. The blade gained the Chill Touch effect and ghostly properties.

Spectral Brand +4

Dark Swarm: releases enslaved souls in the form of shadows, summoning one creature every round for 1 turn

Spectral Blade: this dancing sword fights on behalf of the one who wields Spectral Brand for 1 turn. The sword acts as a +4 weapon, has THAC0 2 and attacks once each round inflicting 1d8+4 magic damage. It has 36 hit points, AC 5, 100% resistance to all damage except for pure magic damage, is immune to mind affecting spells

Equipped Abilities:

Negative Plane Protection

Combat Abilities:

Ghost Blade: the ghostly blade bypasses most armors, granting additional +3 bonus on attack rolls

Chill Touch: creatures struck suffer 1D3 additional points of cold damage and must save vs. death or lose 1 point of strength

Notes: I've replaced Piercing Attack (which is now somehow incorporated into the Ghost Blade property) with Dark Swarm. The Spectral Blade too slightly improves with the upgrade.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Short Swords

Ilbratha +1

Mirror Image (1 turn)

Equipped Abilities:

Translucent: +2 bonus to AC

Notes: I've added the Translucent effect while equipped.

Kundane +2

Combat Abilities:

Quickness: +1/2 attack per round

Notes: same changes applied to Belm, for the same reasons.

Arbane's Sword +2

Haste (4 rounds)

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to entangle, grease, slow & web effects

Notes: I've taken the liberty to slightly alter its immunities. Considering the sword's namesake, Sword of Agility, its immunity to mind affecting effects like hold and stun made no sense, thus instead of 'immunity to hold, slow, & stun' this sword now grants 'immunity to entangle, grease, slow & web effects'. This helps to slightly "nerf" this powerful sword (which is acquired very soon), while also making it a little more unique (mind shield-like effect are relatively common).

I still believe its x/day lesser Haste effect should be somehow replaced by a semi-equivalent on hit combat ability because ALL early game short swords (lbratha, Kundane and Arbane) are oriented to be "off hand" weapons instead of main hand weapons, but for now I left it unchanged.

Short Sword of Backstabbing +3

Combat Abilities (thieves only):

Backstabbing: increases backstab multiplier by 1

THACO: +3 bonus

Damage: 1D6 +3

Notes: aVENGER did pratically the same thing with Rogue Rebalancing and I think it's perfect. Is it too powerful within BG1?

Cutthroat +3

Combat Abilities:

Slashing: inflicts additional 1D6 points of slashing damage

Cutthroating: target must save vs. death or be silenced for 3 rounds while suffering 1 point of bleeding damage every 3 seconds

Notes: Enchantment has been reduced by 1, but I've added both a fixed slashing damage output and a semi-unique Cutthroating ability. In the end it should be quite a lot more powerful than before despite the lower enchantment lvl.

Short Sword of Mask +4

Combat Abilities:

Stealthblade: 20% chance of making the user improved invisible for 4 rounds after each successful attack

Notes: I've removed vanilla's entangle ability and a more stealth oriented ability.

Short Sword of Mask +5

Combat Abilities:

Paralyzing: 20% chance target must save vs. poison or be paralyzed for 2 rounds

Stealthblade: 20% chance of making the user improved invisible for 5 rounds after each successful attack

Poison: creatures struck by the weapon suffer 1D6 points of additional damage

Damage: 1D6 + 5

Notes: I've replaced vanilla's entangle effect (the animation in particular was too much druid-oriented and out of place imo) with a more appropriate paralyzing effect. It doesn't have a lvl draining effect anymore, but the added poison damage on each hit makes this blade very useful/versatile imo (e.g. it has a backstab-oriented feature with defensive properties, a disabling chance, and "elemental" damage - something for every occasion!).

Edited by Demivrgvs

Slings

Sling of Seeking +1

Combat Abilities:

Seeking: +6 additional bonus to attack rolls

Notes: It replaces a unique but plain Sling +3 available within TSC expansion. I've used NWN's background for it, which is perfect, and right now the concept is quite simple: an incredibly accurate sling (actually, the most accurate one!). I may try to test a "bounce to secondary target on hit" effect for it, but it's not a priority.

Sling of Force +2

Combat Abilities:

Strength bonus is applied to damage

Notes: "Replaces" vanilla's Sling of Seeking, without actually changing anything to it other than the name.

Sling of Arvoreen +2

Combat Abilities:

Sound Burst: 15% chance to blast an area of 10 feet radius with a tremendous sonic wave, dealing 4d4 points of damage to opponents within it, and stunning them for 1 round unless a save vs. spell is made

Notes: Well, vanilla's +4 enchantment was really too much for a 1 handed mid-late SoA weapon within V3 standards, but I went as far as lowering it to +2 to allow me using a very powerful unique ability (not to mention enchantment lvl on launchers are much less important because ammo's enchantment is used). I almost preserved vanilla's concept in V2 turning its once per day ability into a % based on hit stun effect, but I wanted something slightly more unique and ended up combining the new Resonating effect (and its new animation) and the old stun effect. The result is a Sound Burst effect almost identical to the homonymous PnP spell.

Arla's Dragonbane +3

Combat Abilities:

Saving Throws: +3 vs. breath

Notes: previously a plain sling +3. As you can see I'm a little short on new/unused effects. :( Any suggestion?

Erinne Sling +3

Requires no ammunition, but normal bullets cannot be fired with this bow. Energy Bullets are considered to be of +3 enchantment when determining what they can hit

Combat Abilities:

Energy Bullet: deals 1D4 additional points of magic damage

Damage: 1D4 + 4 bonus

Notes: I've made this the "no ammo" sling, by making it fire Energy Bolts. Enchantment lvl has been reduced by 1 on both versions. It previously didn't need any recipient to upgrade it, whereas now Cespenar will ask for the Ring of Energy.

Erinne Sling +4

Requires no ammunition, but normal bullets cannot be fired with this bow. Energy Bullets are considered to be of +4 enchantment when determining what they can hit

Combat Abilities:

Energy Bullet: deals 1D4 additional points of magic damage

Energy Burst: 10% chance target must save vs. spell at -4 penalty or take 100 points of magic damage

Damage: 1D4 + 5 bonus

Notes: the improved version has a sort of disintegrate effect (it may be considered a vorpal sling! :D ).

Bullets

Sunstone Bullet +2

Combat Abilities:

Flaming: deals 2D4 additional points of fire damage

Bullet of Smiting +3

Combat Abilities:

Crushing: deals 2D3 additional points of crushing damage

Notes: A "new" bullet type kindly borrowed from NWN: "These bullets are especially dense and weigh twice as much as ordinary specimens. When launched, they seem to accumulate even more mass on their way to the target, finally smashing into the unlucky victim with the force of a swung mace." Their damage output is really high for an ammo but they are quite rare, as they replace vanilla's +4 bullets. They are what they seem: anti-golem bullets! ;)

Edited by Demivrgvs