Item Revisions and 1PP

Leomar

This stands in the IRv2 readme:

The following information applies only to those installing Item Revisions' main component.

Regarding 1PP: Erephine has kindly granted permission to use some of her artwork in our mod (including flaming swords!), and many items have been recoloured to look better and match their new lore. The only recommended 1PP components not currently included in Item Revisions are the ones dealing with avatar improvements (notably the "Human Female" series at this time).

Are the potions bams included, now?

Greetings Leomar

No, and that block is unfortunately out of date. The one that should have shipped with v2 is:

Included 1PP Components:

• V2 (minus some inventory graphics and the potion component)
  • V3 Paperdolls
  • Flaming Swords
  • Legacy BG1 Buckler, Small Shield, and Medium Shield Animations
  • Helmets
  • Shields

1PP Components Not Included:

• All Avatar Series (Human Female...) - fully compatible
  • Attachable Wings - fully compatible
  • Colourable Quarterstaves - partially compatible (main component is fine, item updating component will overwrite IR items currently)
  • Flaming Short Swords - partially compatible (main component is fine, item updating component will overwrite IR items currently)

Is this info still up-to-date ? The readme now states :

Colourable Quarterstaves - fully compatible (install after IR's main component)
Flaming Short Swords - fully compatible (install after IR's main component)

So has 1PP been updated to be compatible with IR or should we just install the main staff/short sword components but not the item patches ?

On a totally unrelated note, I am preparing a new playthrough and was hoping V3 would be out by now. However it seems Mike as gone MIA and there hasn't been any announcement regarding a release. Is there any word on this beyond "when it's done" ? :)

Cheers,

Fred

Is this info still up-to-date ? The readme now states :

Colourable Quarterstaves - fully compatible (install after IR's main component)
Flaming Short Swords - fully compatible (install after IR's main component)

So has 1PP been updated to be compatible with IR or should we just install the main staff/short sword components but not the item patches ?

As long as those components don't patch items color palettes themselves they are fully compatibile with IR. The problems arise when 1PP start to patch items without being able to know what IR has done (e.g. icon changes, color changes, etc.).

On a totally unrelated note, I am preparing a new playthrough and was hoping V3 would be out by now. However it seems Mike as gone MIA and there hasn't been any announcement regarding a release. Is there any word on this beyond "when it's done" ? :O
Finger crossing, it's today. :D :D

We finished everything during last week (RL was always interfering :) ), including a bunch of components/tweaks we didn't even think about doing not long ago (e.g. armor speed factor penalty while wearing armors; adding ToBEx along with Taimon's patches, etc.). I already have a fully packaged V3 ready for betatesters, and the only thing Ardanis is still working on is the readme.

I don't know if and where we'll upload the mod until an official release, but if you want to join betatesting (I don't expect any game breaking issue, but a bunch of missing EFF or wrong stat here and there) just send me a PM with a working e-mail.

Finger crossing, it's today. :O:D

I believe a "w00t!" is in order. :)

I don't know if and where we'll upload the mod until an official release, but if you want to join betatesting (I don't expect any game breaking issue, but a bunch of missing EFF or wrong stat here and there) just send me a PM with a working e-mail.

I will, although this will be a full BGT playthrough, starting from Candlekeep... with a level 1 monk. :D So it might be a while before you get any meaningful feedback from me ! I might actually start a BG2 game just for betatesting purposes...

Cheers,

Fred

Hello Demi and Ardanis!

I am not very happy about how IR deals with the looks of the medium shields and I thought you might help me understand how to make things better (at least, under my point of view).

I guess everything is here:

/*-----------------1PP Content-------------------*/

COPY ~item_rev/1pp/v2~      ~override~
COPY ~item_rev/1pp/v3_paperdolls~      ~override~

COPY ~item_rev/1pp/helmets~      ~override~

COPY ~item_rev/1pp/flaming_swords~      ~override~

COPY ~item_rev/1pp/shields/d1_bg1_buckler_animations~      ~override~
COPY ~item_rev/1pp/shields/d2_bg1_small_animations~      ~override~
COPY ~item_rev/1pp/shields/d3_bg1_medium_animations~      ~override~

COPY ~item_rev/1pp/shields/c0_bg2_medium~      ~override~
COPY ~item_rev/1pp/shields/c1_dragonscale_medium~      ~override~
COPY ~item_rev/1pp/shields/c2_dragonscale_large~      ~override~
COPY ~item_rev/1pp/shields/c3_spiky_large~      ~override~
COPY ~item_rev/1pp/shields/c4_fortress_bg2_large~      ~override~
COPY ~item_rev/1pp/shields/c5_star_small~      ~override~
COPY ~item_rev/1pp/shields/c6_polished_large~      ~override~
COPY ~item_rev/1pp/shields/c7_bg2_small~      ~override~

// add c0-c6 creature animations
ACTION_FOR_EACH size IN ~l~ ~m~ ~s~ BEGIN // creature sizes
 ACTION_FOR_EACH sequence IN ~a1~ ~a1e~ ~a3~ ~a3e~ ~a5~ ~a5e~ ~g1~ ~g1e~ ~w2~ ~w2e~ BEGIN // animation sequences
   // small shields
   ACTION_FOR_EACH animation IN ~c5~ BEGIN
     ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~wp%size%d2%sequence%.bam~) BEGIN
       COPY_EXISTING ~wp%size%d2%sequence%.bam~ ~override/wp%size%%animation%%sequence%.bam~
     END
   END
   // medium shields
   ACTION_FOR_EACH animation IN ~c0~ ~c1~
   BEGIN
     ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~wp%size%d3%sequence%.bam~) BEGIN
       COPY_EXISTING ~wp%size%d3%sequence%.bam~ ~override/wp%size%%animation%%sequence%.bam~
     END
   END
   // large shields
   ACTION_FOR_EACH animation IN ~c2~ ~c3~ ~c4~ ~c6~ BEGIN
     ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~wp%size%d4%sequence%.bam~) BEGIN
       COPY_EXISTING ~wp%size%d4%sequence%.bam~ ~override/wp%size%%animation%%sequence%.bam~
     END
   END
 END
END

In a BGT game there is a mismatch between how the legacy medium shields look and their icons. The icons belong to the BG2 medium shields (ugly) while the animation is the legacy BG1 medium shield animation. So that is something that should be fixed.

But I'd like to go further: could you please tell me how I should change the code to have all medium shields (except the drow one: DWSHLD01.ITM) have the icons and animations found in Baldur's Gate?

Thanks!

Hello Demi and Ardanis!

I am not very happy about how IR deals with the looks of the medium shields and I thought you might help me understand how to make things better (at least, under my point of view).

In a BGT game there is a mismatch between how the legacy medium shields look and their icons. The icons belong to the BG2 medium shields (ugly) while the animation is the legacy BG1 medium shield animation. So that is something that should be fixed.

Let's separate this issue in two parts, IR shields (aka vanilla files modified by IR) and BGT shields (aka mod added shields which IR's main component doesn't affect individually but only on a global patch).

So, are you talking about all shields in general, or mod added ones? Vanilla/IR shields should look fine (icon, bams and paperdolls should always match each other except large shields because 1PP still doesn't cover them), if they are not, please report them to me and I'll fix them right away! For the other ones I have to ask Ardanis how we handled them, but the above code is probably the only thing we did.

But I'd like to go further: could you please tell me how I should change the code to have all medium shields (except the drow one: DWSHLD01.ITM) have the icons and animations found in Baldur's Gate?
I'm at work right now, I'll look into it asap.

Hello Demi!

I must partly correct what I wrote: the shields' looks and animations seem to match. But the problem is that in a BGT game, the BG1 medium shields look (icons, paperdolls and animations) like the BG2 ones. Not only are they really ugly but they stick out awfully among the rest of the BG1 art (BG1 small and large shields look in fact right).

The issue applies to:

shld03.itm

shld04.itm

shld13.itm

shld14.itm

These are legacy BG1 Medium shields that for consistency's sake should use BG1 resources. For myself I would like to use the BG1 resources for all medium shields in game except for the drow one (DWSHLD01.ITM) so I'd really be grateful if you could tell me how I go to change the code to achieve this.

Also, there is more BG1 material that is not restored to its original look:

HELM01.ITM uses correctly the same Inventory Icon IHELM00.ITM in both BGT and BG1. The problem is that IHELM00.BAM is a different file in BGT hence a different look (it is a mere duplication of IHELM01.BAM). Since Item Revisions works towards keeping the legacy look of BG1 items, I thought to report this to you.

Thanks for your time!

But the problem is that in a BGT game, the BG1 medium shields look (icons, paperdolls and animations) like the BG2 ones. Not only are they really ugly but they stick out awfully among the rest of the BG1 art (BG1 small and large shields look in fact right).

Like a sore thumb.. the BG2 shields are awful. If we can get a systematic BG1-look to shields (with the exempt for Drowgear) it'd be great.

Unfortunately 1PP's creator and mantainer Erephine seems to have left the modding scene so I can not really ask her.

Truth to be told, the way 1PP mixes BG2 and BG1 art in BGT is a mess (the medium shield is BG2, some weapons are BG2, helms are BG2, etc.)

That's why I am hoping to have something done here on IR about it.

Demivrgvs,

I have gone through BGT Items after installing 1PP (No item Revision) and another time after installing Item Revisions (No 1PP) and the result is that in many cases neither 1PP nor Item Revisions restore the legacy look of BG1 Items, some times 1PP fixes things but NOT Item Revisions and very rarely happens the opposite. I thought my findings might be useful to make things look better so I attach them here with comments when needed:

BGT LEGACY ITEMS LOOK MISMATCH AFTER 1PPv2.70 FIRST COLUMN(F=FIXED LOOK MISMATCH NF=NOT FIXED LOOK MISMATCH HF=PARTLY FIXED)

INSTALLED COMPONENTS:

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions (1): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #6 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Paperdolls (human, elven, halfling, dwarves) (7): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #7 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Bucklers (D1) (8): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #8 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Small Shields (D2) (9): v2.7

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #9 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Medium Shields (D3) (10): v2.7

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BGT LEGACY ITEMS LOOK MISMATCH AFTER 1PPv2.70 SECOND COLUMN(F=FIXED LOOK MISMATCH N=NOT FIXED LOOK MISMATCH HF=PARTLY FIXED)

INSTALLED COMPONENTS:

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V3 Beta 1.6

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AX1H01.ITM F F

AX1H04.ITM NF NF

BLUN01.ITM (BG2 NICER?) F F

BLUN04.ITM F NF

BLUN05.ITM F NF

BLUN06.ITM F F

BLUN07.ITM NF NF

BOW01.ITM (BG2 CORRECT) NF NF

BOW03.ITM (BG2 CORRECT) NF NF

BRAC01.ITM NF NF

BRAC05.ITM NF NF

BRAC06.ITM NF NF

BRAC08.ITM NF NF

BRAC09.ITM NF NF

BRAC11.ITM (BG2 CORRECT) NF NF

CHAN01.ITM NF F

CHAN02.ITM NF F

CHAN03.ITM NF F

CHAN04.ITM F F

CHAN05.ITM F F

CHAN06.ITM NF NF

CHAN07.ITM F NF

CLCK08.ITM (BG2 CORRECT) NF NF

CLCK09.ITM F NF

CLCK10.ITM F NF

CLCK11.ITM F NF

CLCK12.ITM F F

CLCK13.ITM F F

CLCK15.ITM F F

CLCK16.ITM F F

CLCK17.ITM F F

CLCK18.ITM F NF (DIFFERENT ITEMS)

CLCK19.ITM F F

CLCK21.ITM (BG2 CORRECT) NF NF

DAGG01.ITM (BG2 BETTER?) NF F

DAGG06.ITM NF NF

DAGG07.ITM NF NF

DAGG08.ITM NF NF

DART01.ITM NF NF

HALB01.ITM (BG2 NICER?) NF NF

HALB02.ITM (BG2 NICER?) NF NF

HALB03.ITM (BG2 NICER?) F NF

HAMM01.ITM (BG2 NICER?) NF NF

HAMM02.ITM (BG2 NICER?) NF NF

HAMM03.ITM (BG2 NICER?) NF NF

HAMM04.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) NF NF

HELM01.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F NF

HELM02.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE - BG2 BETTER) F NF

HELM03.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F F

HELM04.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F NF

HELM05.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F NF

HELM06.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) NF NF

HELM07.ITM NF NF

HELM08.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE - BG2 BETTER?) F NF

HELM09.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE - BG2 BETTER?) F NF

HELM10.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE - BG2 BETTER?) F NF

HELM11.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE - BG2 BETTER?) NF NF

HELM12.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE - BG2 BETTER?) F NF

HELM13.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE - BG2 BETTER?) NF NF

HELM15.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) NF NF

LEAT01.ITM F NF

LEAT02.ITM NF NF

LEAT03.ITM NF NF

LEAT04.ITM F NF

LEAT05.ITM NF NF

LEAT06.ITM NF NF

LEAT07.ITM NF NF

LEAT08.ITM NF NF

LEAT10.ITM NF NF

MISC04.ITM NF NF

MISC13.ITM (BG2 BETTER) NF NF

MISC50.ITM NF NF

MISC66.ITM (MAKE NEW INVENTORY ICON FOR THIS ITEM=BG1 IMISC13.BAM, NAME IT IMISCK1.BAM AND ASSIGN IT TO MISC66.ITM; MISSING GROUND ICON) NF NF

MISC73.ITM (SLIGHT DIFFERENCE - NOT WORTH OF CHANGING) NF NF

MISC74.ITM (SLIGHT DIFFERENCE - NOT WORTH OF CHANGING) NF NF

MISC77.ITM NF NF

MISC81.ITM NF NF

MISC83.ITM NF NF

MISC84.ITM (SLIGHT DIFFERENCE - NOT WORTH OF CHANGING) NF NF

MISC85.ITM NF NF

PLAT01.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F F

PLAT02.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) NF F

PLAT04.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) NF NF

PLAT05.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE - ALSO TEXT MISMATCH) NF F

PLAT06.ITM (ALSO TEXT MISMATCH) NF NF

PLAT07.ITM F F

SHLD01.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F F

SHLD02.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F HF (WRONG COLOUR)

SHLD03.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F HF

SHLD04.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F HF

SHLD05.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F F

SHLD06.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F F

SHLD07.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F F

SHLD08.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F F

SHLD09.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F HF (WRONG COLOUR)

SHLD10.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F HF (WRONG COLOUR)

SHLD11.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F HF (WRONG COLOUR)

SHLD12.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F HF (WRONG COLOUR)

SHLD13.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F NF

SHLD14.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F NF

SHLD15.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F HF (WRONG COLOUR)

SHLD16.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F HF (WRONG COLOUR)

SHLD18.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F F

SHLD19.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F F

SHLD20.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F F

STAF07.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE - BG2 BETTER?) NF NF

SW1H02.ITM NF NF

SW1H03.ITM NF NF

SW1H05.ITM NF NF

SW1H08.ITM NF NF

SW1H09.ITM NF NF

SW1H10.ITM NF NF

SW1H13.ITM NF NF

SW1H14.ITM NF NF

SW1H15.ITM NF (BUT BETTER SO) HF (NEW .BAM)

SW1H16.ITM NF HF (NEW .BAM)

SW1H18.ITM - HF (NEW .BAM)

SW1H19.ITM NF HF (NEW. BAM)

SW1H20.ITM NF NF

SW1H22.ITM NF NF

SW1H23.ITM (REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE) F F

SW2H02.ITM NF NF

SW2H03.ITM NF NF

SW2H06.ITM NF

SW2H07.ITM (DIFFERENT ITEMS?) F NF

WAND02.ITM F NF

WAND03.ITM F NF