Dynaheir Romance: Kidnap

So: it's chapter 5, haven't been to Baldur's Gate yet. Minutes after finally declaring her love for me, Dynaheir (and Minsc!) get nabbed by smoke mephits working for Winski.

This wouldn't be worthy of a forum post except that I have no idea what to do here. There weren't any clues as to where to go (or if there were I missed them), and none of my remaining characters (CHARNAME, Branwen, Imoen, Edwin) have reacted at all to the sudden absence of the witch and the loon. The situation actually has me paralyzed with fear, unwilling to save or even reload for fear of spoiling the storyline.

Help? :rolleyes:

They are gone forever -

either you gave them willingly to Winski, falling for his smooth words, or you refused and Winski sent his mephits to steal them. There is one mephit spouting a spell, so if you kill that mephit before he finishes the spell, you save them. If you don't, they get taken.

Unfortunately, the best bet here is to reload to just before this, and clobber that mephit, fast. It is a long poem, and there are little cpatiuons over the top of the pertinent mephit, so the targeting is easy - as in all fantasy, if something that doesn't normally talk starts spoting poetry and making ominous casting sounds..

kill it.

fast.

because even in fantasy, that ain't natural. :rolleyes:

Archived