Photo

Bugs and issues

7 replies to this topic

#1 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1087 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

If you find a bug or something along those lines, please let me know so I can fix it.

The bug report archive is here.

Edited by Wisp, 13 July 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#2 polytope

polytope
  • Modders
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

IR appears to be incompatible with the most recent version(s) of SCS which assign BG2 type weapon proficiencies to npc fighters; some part of the SCS general ai improvements strips BG1 style proficiencies ("large sword" etc.) from all fighters (they usually had several...) but IR doesn't appear to account for this and enemies can end up wielding weapons they aren't proficient in.

Edit: Yeah I just checked, the "replacement" column in itemlist.2da is based on the assumption of creatures still having BG1 proficiency, i.e. a 2h sword can replace a long sword

Edit2: I suppose if mode 2 is used you can work around this problem by installing randomizer before SCS, then the SCS macro will give creatures proficiency in their new weapon, but SCS takes a long time to reinstall if you want things randomized for a new game...

Edited by polytope, 30 September 2013 - 05:34 AM.

Polytweak - Polytope's enhancements of BG2 creatures, NPCs and the proficiency system.

#3 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1087 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Thanks for the report.
I've been thinking vaguely about some sort of shored-up proficiencies. I guess the time is now.

#4 Gibson

Gibson
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:12 PM

The good news is that the crash can be fixed. The bad news is that getting the scripting to work right requires more effort that I'm willing to put into it (if there's even a reliable solution to be found). I'll be disabling the randomisation of the CON manual on original BG1.

Any idea if making this change would allow the BG1 engine to use mode 1 randomization as you speculated earlier?

#5 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1087 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:11 AM

The good news is that the crash can be fixed. The bad news is that getting the scripting to work right requires more effort that I'm willing to put into it (if there's even a reliable solution to be found). I'll be disabling the randomisation of the CON manual on original BG1.

Any idea if making this change would allow the BG1 engine to use mode 1 randomization as you speculated earlier?

Sorry about the late reply, but I really have no idea. I can't predict the behaviour of the BG1 engine well enough.

#6 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:57 AM

Version 160228:

Using .\lang\pl_pl/dialog.tlk and .\lang\pl_pl/dialogF.tlk

Installing [Losowo rozmieszczaj przedmioty -> Tryb 2: by WeiDU. no items lost ] [proto-7 160228]
loading 1 tra file
loading 1 tra file
Copying 1 file ...

Jeden lub kilka zainstalowanych modow wykorzystuje przedmioty rozmieszczane losowo przed ten mod. Czy chcesz zachowac te przedmioty w obecnych lokacjach? Odpowiedz: [y] - Tak lub [n] - Nie. (don't touch mod items)
Processing quests and journals
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Creating 2 directories
Appending to files ...
Copying and patching 2 files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Processing quests and journals
Compiling 1 script ...
ERROR: cannot convert rcp_prof_0 or %rcp_prof_0% to an integer
ERROR: [tellan.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Losowo rozmieszczaj przedmioty -> Tryb 2: Rozmieszczaj losowo przy pomocy WeiDU. Brak utraty przedmiotow.], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 190 files for [RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2] component 1300.
Uninstalled    190 files for [RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2] component 1300.
ERROR: Not_found
PROSZE zglaszac komunikaty bledow w pliku SETUP-RANDOMISER.DEBUG to Wisp, www.forums.gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Losowo rozmieszczaj przedmioty -> Tryb 2: Rozmieszczaj losowo przy pomocy WeiDU. Brak utraty przedmiotow.] because of error.
Using Language [Polish]
[.\lang\pl_pl/dialog.tlk] created, 97980 string entries
[.\lang\pl_pl/dialogF.tlk] created, 97980 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Losowo rozmieszczaj przedmioty -> Tryb 2: Rozmieszczaj losowo przy pomocy WeiDU. Brak utraty przedmiotow.

X:\Gry\BGEE\Data\00766>
ERROR: cannot convert rcp_prof_0 or %rcp_prof_0% to an integer
ERROR: [tellan.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found
Rozlosowanie przedmiotów -> Tryb 2: Rozlosuj przez WeiDU - wszystkie przedmioty są dostępne (Item Randomiser) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

current weidu:

Spoiler

Edited by ALIENQuake, 05 March 2016 - 09:01 AM.

You cannot have progress without changes...

#7 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1087 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:27 AM

Please check your TELLAN.CRE and make sure he hasn't got any invalid weapons equipped. Notably, a weapon either needs to be undroppable or have a non-zero proficiency value. Alternatively, please upload the TELLAN.CRE from your game as well as any items he has equipped.

Edited by Wisp, 06 March 2016 - 01:29 AM.

#8 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:14 AM

Well, I've made another separate install using exactly the same mod/components selection (BWS) and this time everything went fine. Maybe it was one-time issue/not clean restore etc For now false alarm. 

You cannot have progress without changes...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users