[Repaired] A x#ict3.d issue

Graoumf

Hello,

Isaya reported a possible bug in the code of x#ict3.d.

The coding for @315 is written as if spoken by Faldorn about Tiber's quest, while it seems, considering what is said before, that this string should be linked with Beland's dialogue (in the Hall of Wonder).

/* individual passbacks supplied */
I_C_T3 ~%tutu_var%TIBER~ 4 X#TIBER4
[...]
== ~%FALDORN_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("faldorn") InMyArea("faldorn") !StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @349
== ~%tutu_var%TIBER~ IF ~InParty("faldorn") InMyArea("faldorn") !StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @350
== ~%FALDORN_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("faldorn") InMyArea("faldorn") !StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @315
== ~%tutu_var%TIBER~ IF ~InParty("faldorn") InMyArea("faldorn") !StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @352
END

This code suggests that the dialogue would be:

@349 = ~Grr! Carry a message to your mother - keep the cubs away from the temptations of the man-made world, and they'd be safe.~

@350 = ~Those were the spiders that killed him...~

@315 = ~And a glimpse of all this, for one small coin.~

@352 = ~May... maybe, but what does it matter now?!~

But it should be @351 instead of @315, and the the dialog would be:

@349 = ~Grr! Carry a message to your mother - keep the cubs away from the temptations of the man-made world, and they'd be safe.~

@350 = ~Those were the spiders that killed him...~

@351 = ~Your brother trusted a *thing* made by a smith's hand more than his kin's judgment. The arrogant fool deserved his death.~

@352 = ~May... maybe, but what does it matter now?!~

----------------

And the dialogue with @315 should be linked like this:

@313 = ~I heard that many an artifact here was made, but by the skillful hands and sharp minds, without the use of magic. Will it ever come to pass that the arcane and technical should'st come to a competition for fulfilling a sentient being's need to do things new and wondrous?~

@314 = ~Well said, m'lady, well said.~

@315 = ~And a glimpse of all this, for one small coin.~

A dialogue between Dynaheir and Beland.

While building the x#ict3.tra from the texts also found in other files (*int.tra), I found inversions in some string references in two interjections in the x#ict3.d file.

/* Mutamin */
I_C_T3 ~%tutu_var%MUTAMI~ 0 X#MUTAMI0
== ~%SHARTEEL_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("sharteel") InMyArea("sharteel") !StateCheck("sharteel",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @492
== ~%KIVAN_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("kivan") InMyArea("kivan") !StateCheck("kivan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @493

@492 is the same as @83 in x#kiint.tra

@493 is the same as @88 in x#shint.tra

Therefore I believe @493 should be for Shar-Teel and @492 for Kivan

/* Rill (slave leader in mines, after giving him money */
I_C_T3 ~%tutu_scripts%LAVLEAD~ 2 X#LAVLEAD2
== ~%EDWIN_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("edwin") InMyArea("edwin") !StateCheck("edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @852
== ~%KIVAN_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("kivan") InMyArea("kivan") !StateCheck("kivan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @853

@852 is the same as @48 in x#kiint.tra

@853 is the same as @71 in x#edint.tra

Therefore I believe @853 should be for Edwin and @852 for Kivan

Besides, I found some material for an BG1 NPC Unfinished Business mod or component. :)

Imoen has some specific dialog about Jenkal, not an interjection but something triggered by his death. Unfortunately, her script, x#imint2.baf, does not contain the code to handle it. Although there is a comment about Jenkal in the file, the code applies to Laryssa (comment to fix). I believe there should be something similar, testing Jenkal's death and with the variable tested in the x#imint.d file, like this

/* Jenkal Dead */
IF %BGT_VAR%
AreaCheck("%Gullykin_JenkalsHouse_Cellar%")
Global("X#ImoenJenkal2","GLOBAL",0)
Dead("JENKAL")
InParty(Myself)
InMyArea(Player1)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#ImoenJenkal2","GLOBAL",1)
END

/* Initiate Jenkal Dead */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#ImoenJenkal2","GLOBAL",1)
InParty(Myself)
InMyArea(Player1)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("imoen99")
StartDialogNoSet(Player1)
END

For this code (adapted from Laryssa), I've checked the area where Jenkal actually is (in Baldur's Gate) and set the variable that looked appropriate in the g3_tutu_cpmvars.tpa. I haven't tried the code though.

It looks like there could be a line missing for Angelo in the x#ict3.d file, as an answer initially written to Alora (in x#alint.d) is not activated in x#ict3.d

From x#alint.d

//I_C_T ~%tutu_var%ANGELO~ 4 X#AloraAngelo
//== ~%ALORA_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("alora") InMyArea("alora") !StateCheck("alora",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @88
//== ~%tutu_var%ANGELO~ IF ~InParty("alora") InMyArea("alora") !StateCheck("alora",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @89
//END

Line @88 in x#alint.tra has become @572 in x#ict3.tra

Line @89 in x#alint.tra has become @573 in x#ict3.tra

However line @573 is not used in x#ict3.d. It could be added like this:

== ~%ALORA_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("alora") InMyArea("alora") !StateCheck("alora",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @572
// Added, copied from x#alint.d
== ~%tutu_var%ANGELO~ IF ~InParty("alora") InMyArea("alora") !StateCheck("alora",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @573
END

I appreciate the posting of repairs, too! I am still researching the Jenkal thing, but it looks promising. The others I am logging for repair, and since the .tra lines are in place, Clan DLAN will not need to update - it is just a mater or code, not added .tra lines.

Archived