• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#106 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modders
  • 5770 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Thank you!

And another bit of crossmod: I've co-written some banters with Dorotea(well, her lines are good, mine are mostly meh, though Tiax's banter's nearly all mine). Since Dorotea isn't active on the forums, I forwarded an e-mail with her consent.

All banters' been coded and tested.

Attached Files

Edited by Kulyok, 25 March 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#107 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modders
  • 5770 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

And it's me again - I'd like to include some crossmod with Dace(who I would recommend for everyone who's about to attempt a BG2 playthrough - friendship, romance, great voicing, and ToB content available right away).

All coded, tested in-game, and graciously read and edited by Tess.

Attached Files

#108 berelinde

berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8594 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Thanks!

Just to let folks know, I did work on this last weekend, but hectic RL commitments are presently consuming most of my free time, so progress is slow. This update is also a good 10-15X the size of the usual update. No joke. I'm seriously considering setting it up as an SVN to enable others to help get this done.
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#109 Tess

Tess
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Thanks to Kulyok for writing such lovely banters. I'm happy to be included in the pack.

#110 Adia

Adia
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Just to let folks know, I did work on this last weekend, but hectic RL commitments are presently consuming most of my free time, so progress is slow. This update is also a good 10-15X the size of the usual update. No joke. I'm seriously considering setting it up as an SVN to enable others to help get this done.

From the looks of this thread, I can well believe it will be so large. ...and I'm really looking forward to grabbing it when it is complete. Thanks for all your hard work berelinde :)

#111 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6893 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

How much work is it still? Can I help?

#112 berelinde

berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8594 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

After about 30 hours worth of work, I'm about 25% done, so figure another 90 hours still to go. Keeping in mind that I don't work very quickly and am very easily distracted. If I set it up with SVN, it would enable others to work on it without worrying about overwriting files. I'd like to say that I'll do it tonight, but this weekend has been more hectic than usual and I'm beat. By Wednesday, definitely.
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#113 Smiling Imp

Smiling Imp
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Yeaaaaah! Crossbanter! :D

I should probably do some helping, as I may be the amongst the main culprits when it comes to typos and WEIDU mistakes.
Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs in SoA & ToB version 7

http://www.baldursga...downfile&id=177

ZELINK (Zelda x Link) mod for Baldur's Gate 2 SOA

http://archive04.fil...3b/n/ZELINK.ace

#114 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modders
  • 5770 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Now that Isra for BG2 is released(and fully voiced!), here's her crossmod banters with Coran, Tiax and Xan - approved and edited by Rhaella.

(To the players: as ever, you can just add the contents of the .tp2 file to your setup-crossmod.tp2 and dump the contents to your crossmod folder)

Attached Files

Edited by Kulyok, 22 June 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#115 Rhaella

Rhaella

nothing but the rain

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Confirmed and what not! =)

[edited] Adding up crossmod between Isra and Dace, Nephele, Adrian, and Ninde. Dace has been approved by Tess; everything else is mine and/or K'aeloree's. All of it's installing properly.

Attached Files

Edited by Rhaella, 24 June 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#116 Tess

Tess
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

Completely approved! Thanks, Rhaella!

#117 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modders
  • 5770 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

I've seen berelinde at DA3 forums just today, so hopefully we may get some v15 progress.

However, since most of the banters I see in this thread are non-coded, maybe it'll make sense for other NPC authors to quietly code their banters Crossmod-style and submit them here, like me, Rhaella and several others did?

Because if we do have all banters coded and tested by their authors, the matter of building v15 would be one hour of copy-pasting + adding a new romance variable(s) to the scripts. I'd say it's worth it to release just the banters and leave the complicated stuff like mod-in-mod interjections for later, given how many people want the new version.

#118 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

beluga

• Modders
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

It's not just that, it's also that they have to be tested as installing correctly, so we have to build a mega-install with all of the crossmod NPCs and make sure everything installs correctly. I'd estimate there's roughly 30-45 hours of work involved in this update. It's not a small update.

#119 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modders
  • 5770 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Which is why I believe each NPC author should take his share of coding and testing for his/her banters - there's no need for a mega-test if the authors coded and tested their submissions. (Unless, for example, you don't believe me that Dace or Isra banters already work, but that wouldn't sound so good). Then, like I said, it would be a small enough update.

#120 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6893 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

Testing could be made public, like, the alpha could be linked and people (e.g. the mod authors who contributed) could also test the install, at least for the mods they contributed to. There is really no need for all that work to be done by one person alone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crossmod banter pack, crossmod, npc, bg2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users