Parse error?

Doodlesnoot

I'm trying to install the NPC Project, but when the window asks if I would like to install banters, quests, and interjections, it fails.

The problem:

[bG1NPC/Phase2/baf/P#FW2700.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 34 column 1-35

Near Text: )

[DisplayStringNoNameHead] not found in ACTION.IDS

[bG1NPC/Phase2/baf/P#FW2700.BAF] ERROR at line 34 column 1-35

Near Text: )

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [bG1NPC/Phase2/baf/P#FW2700.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections], roll

ing back to previous state

Will uninstall 499 files for [bG1NPC.TP2] component 1.

Uninstalled 499 files for [bG1NPC.TP2] component 1.

ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG to The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gib

berlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45

Using Language [English]

I've got new, clean installs of BG1 and 2, all patched, Easy Tutu, Tutufix, and no other mods. Installing this into the Tutu folder. UAC is off while installing and I don't know what's wrong :(

I've played Tutu with the NPCproject before and without any problems! It's only for the banters,quests, and interjections. The other things it asks install just fine. Any help would be much appreciated :)

It looks like you don't have Throne of Bhaal installed. This action, DisplayStringNoNameHead, does not exist in Action.ids file if you only have Shadows of Amn.

BG1 NPC Project used this same content in BG1NPC/Phase2/baf/P#FW2700.BAF in version 18, more than two years ago. Does your last game date from even older times or older version of BG1 NPC?

I searched for DisplayStringNoNameHead in all the BG1 NPC files and it's only present in BG1NPC/Phase2/baf/P#FW2700.BAF. So there is nothing to add it to Action.IDS from the tp2.

It might be a ToB specific action. It's not there in a pure SoA installation and is not added by BG2 Fixpack either, even in the "happy modder" component.

Archived