Photo

Item randomiser and BGT

10 replies to this topic

#1 privateer22

privateer22
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

I have a little problem with BGT. In Candlekeep, rat sqeaked :) and all possible items in BG1 and ToSC were randomised as expected. In BG2 I am exploring Athkatla and Watchers Keep and several places does not have assigned items - do you have any ideas? I suppose that all items through whole saga are randomised in Candlekeep - or am I wrong here?

#2 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1087 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

Only items found in BG1 are randomised in Candlekeep. There is a separate randomisation for BG2 (in Irenicus' dungeon, or the ToB starting area, as usual). IIRC, if you console back to the starting dungeon, the randomisation should resume and any previously missing items should appear once that's finished (none of the relevant bits are stored in the save, so that's no problem).

#3 privateer22

privateer22
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

After one hour (real-time) of sitting in Irenicus dungeon, it is safe to assume that something went wrong ... :/

#4 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1087 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:10 AM

Are you indeed in AR0602? If so, if you can upload a relevant save, I'll have a look.

#5 privateer22

privateer22
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

I am, that`s sure. However, I have my custom joinable NPCs and their spawning scripts are assigned to AR0602. Might that be a problem? If so, is there any chance to start the script manualy, from console? :)

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6208 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:50 AM

I am, that`s sure. However, I have my custom joinable NPCs and their spawning scripts are assigned to AR0602. Might that be a problem? If so, is there any chance to start the script manualy, from console? :)

Did you move to the area via the normal BGT route or did you clua yourself to there ?
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#7 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1087 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

Assuming you have made no exotic changes to the mod, you can create the creatures fltier<tier>, where the value <tier> is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12 ,13, plus possibly fa if you have the Randomise FoA option installed, ka if you have the Kangaxx option installed, and s4, s5, s6, s7, s8, s9 if you have the Randomise scrolls option installed.

You might also want to examine your save with an editor to see which global variables are set. The ones of interest will be of the format fl<tier>t<token>. There should not be any gaps among the tokens and all the tiers should be represented.

Edited by Wisp, 01 March 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#8 privateer22

privateer22
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

Did you move to the area via the normal BGT route or did you clua yourself to there ?

I have finished BG1 in a standard way, then cleared Irenicus dungeon (didnt pay attention to randomisation process a I thought everything was done at Candlekeep) a now I am in Athkatla realising that randomisation didn`t occur. Checked Watcher`s Keep base area - no effect, CLUAed back to Irenicus dungeon - nothing. Started brand new BG2 game - nothing. I am going to check what Wisp has suggested.

#9 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1087 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

Started brand new BG2 game - nothing.

Well, that should have worked, at least. However, I see there's a bug here. If you are on BGT and start a new BG2 game, there won't be a squeak because the critter is mistakenly waiting for the BG1 tiers to finish. Will fix.

In addition to the aforementioned variables, there are also the variables fltier<tier>done that should make it a good deal easier to see which tiers have finished.

#10 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2627 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:19 AM

Started brand new BG2 game - nothing.

Well, that should have worked, at least. However, I see there's a bug here. If you are on BGT and start a new BG2 game, there won't be a squeak because the critter is mistakenly waiting for the BG1 tiers to finish. Will fix.

In addition to the aforementioned variables, there are also the variables fltier<tier>done that should make it a good deal easier to see which tiers have finished.

Does this mean that rat will no longer squeak in BG1-BG2 transition in BGT install?

#11 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1087 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:28 PM

This bug may still be unfixed. Or I may have incidentally fixed it while cleaning up some other code. I'll have a look.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users