IR v4 Beta (last update 20 June 2017)

BG1:EE

ERROR: [item_rev/itm/amul01.itm] -> [override/amul01.itm] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Unknown function: update_item_descriptions_to_bgee"))

ERROR: [item_rev/components/main/items.2da] -> [item_rev/components/main] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Unknown function: update_item_descriptions_to_bgee"))
ERROR: Failure("Unknown function: update_item_descriptions_to_bgee")
Item Revisions by Demivrgvs (Item Revisions (BGEE)) was not installed due to errors.

Anyone know how to fix this error? The only mod installed before IR is Spell Revisions.

BG1:EE

ERROR: [item_rev/itm/amul01.itm] -> [override/amul01.itm] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Unknown function: update_item_descriptions_to_bgee"))

ERROR: [item_rev/components/main/items.2da] -> [item_rev/components/main] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Unknown function: update_item_descriptions_to_bgee"))

ERROR: Failure("Unknown function: update_item_descriptions_to_bgee")

Item Revisions by Demivrgvs (Item Revisions (BGEE)) was not installed due to errors.

Anyone know how to fix this error? The only mod installed before IR is Spell Revisions.

I just tried and it installs fine for me on BG1EE. o.O

I would reinspect the BWS'es IR beta's .tp2 file, and see what's it's missing, as the two function look like that they are not defined in the ALWAYS block or the current component to be installed. They might be elsewhere, but the weidu doesn't care about such things. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I can install the main component from the latest beta just fine (from the same Dropbox link ALIEN is using). I'm not sure if there's an actual problem with our current code or if someone just has the wrong files.

The update_item_descriptions_to_bgee function should be in usability_description.tpa (not descriptions.tpa). The only place where the function is used is the main component, and the main component includes usability_description.tpa right at the start.

I would like to ask your opinion about the range of throwing weapons like darts and daggers. The "weapon changes" component changes their range from the default 20 to 15. git log says it was added a bit before Beta 6 (commit c2c189e644).

Searching the forum, i found many posts talking about buffing darts, throwing daggers, etc by adding thac0, changing the dice to 1D4, etc but i couldn't find any discussion about the range (actually there was a thread from the V2->V3 era about the range but it was about lowering all weapons including bows/xbows).

I understand that from a physics point of view, darts and daggers cannot fly as far as arrows / bolts but isn't 15 a bit small ? Every time my thief tried to use darts to attack someone, he got too close and was seen by the whole swarm of enemies that were near that one :) and everyone came after me. I had to resort to using a crossbow to attack once from distance and lure the enemy and then change to darts (but with 15 range i might as well change to dagger and backstab).

Does anyone think throwing daggers/darts should have a larger range or they are fine and i just suck at tactics ?

Thank you.

Throwing weapons

Searching the forum, i found many posts talking about buffing darts, throwing daggers, etc by adding thac0, changing the dice to 1D4, etc but i couldn't find any discussion about the range...

Does anyone think throwing daggers/darts should have a larger range or they are fine and i just suck at tactics ?

Most players (and beta testers now) seem to prefer PMs over the forum, but I'm almost sure we had an open conversation on this matter on this forum...

Anyway, many players pointed me out that range 20 wasn't enough different from actual ranged weapons like bow and xbows. With the exception of darts, throwing weapons are also melee weapons, and if they can perform both roles too well you end up creating a situation where a ranged only weapon prof becomes almost redundant.

Darts are a bit special, but at the same time I think they perform a small niche and are not supposed to be on par with other weapons imo. They are great to disrupt spellcasting, and they are the best weapon type to inflict status effects.

A small compromise could be to increase the range from 15 to 17, but I don't know if they really need it.

Has there already been a discussion about adding recepies to Cromwell/Cespenar? I'm not too much into new items, but there are a few I'd really like to see "merged" - most notably, those belts of +3 vs specific weapon type. Out of IR scope? The bad thing about it is that new bams would be neccecary for it....

Oh, and portrait icons.

I've made a code that adds them where applicable. We can make this a seperate component to keep the whole world happy - those who want to play w/o icons don't install the component, those like me who like them (not used like in vanilla game, but strictly for full immunity - example Vocalize, Pro Fear, Free Action, Pro Poison etc.) can install it. This is strictly patching, it can even be installed on top of SCS; doesn't mess up anything.

Cromwell/Cespenar new recipes

Has there already been a discussion about adding recepies to Cromwell/Cespenar? I'm not too much into new items, but there are a few I'd really like to see "merged" - most notably, those belts of +3 vs specific weapon type. Out of IR scope? The bad thing about it is that new bams would be neccecary for it....

It has come up a few times. I'm not too much into it, except very few cases (e.g. NPCs unique items) but most of all it's just too low on my priority list.

Portrait icons

I've made a code that adds them where applicable.

Are there items still in need of a portrait icon? I agreed to use them by default for cases where you have a full immunity or a not-stackable perfect copy of a spell, and I added them when someone reported an appropriate case. If we want to apply them via patch then for the default install either I restore all of them as per vanilla (pls no) or I remove them all as per IRV2 (but TweakPack can do it). What's the point?

Portrait icons ---

What's the point?

People wish more options. It's not: either, or. It's either all icons, or no icons, and with and without the x condition. And nope, the Tweakpack can't do this cause it's easier to not install.

That's the point. You asked for it.

Are there items still in need of a portrait icon? I agreed to use them by default for cases where you have a full immunity or a not-stackable perfect copy of a spell, and I added them when someone reported an appropriate case. If we want to apply them via patch then for the default install either I restore all of them as per vanilla (pls no) or I remove them all as per IRV2 (but TweakPack can do it). What's the point?m where applicable.

There are plenty of items not displaying a portrait icon - NPP is never used, Pro Poison, Pro Fear etc.

I wouldn't add a Pro Fire icon if item has 50% resistance to it, no. Only for full immunity. - Vocalize, Pro Poison, Pro Fear, Free Action etc.