SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

where in a .spl under NI do i find the varible to make an aoe party friendly? or not? i know there was a setting somewhere to make aoe damage only affect enemies.. but for some reason now i cant find where that varible is set...

i meant Ni orignally i appearntly typed the wrong thing sorry

Edited by bradinmemph

acckk no no i meant using NI.. l;ol duhs i typoed anyways where in the .spl do i find the flag to set it for party friendly?

i know ive run across it bnut bnow when i need it i cant find where in the .spl file using NI it is?

Edited by bradinmemph

i know ive run across it but now when i need it i cant find where in the .spl file using NI it is?

It's in the damage effect. Aka it's the feature blocks target.

So open the .spl file, then open the Spell ability, then the damaging Effect, and set the target to be Everyone except party (5). You might wish to also change all the other effects to have the same feature... but that's the primary.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Gust of Wind

Using v4 beta 7.

I get the old iconned Gust of Wind with my cleric at lvl 3. and the new iconned lvl 2 Gust of Wind with my druid. Intended?

Barkskin

I think it's duration should be just at little bit longer. It wears off to fast IMO.

Cheers

Edited by Shaitan

actually what i was looking for was under .pro area effects" not allies" thats where i can set it to includ not affecting summoned crits too

Ahh, so that's on the Enhanced Edition. Might have been important to know, not that your unformulated sentences lyrics help.

So with the new beta the obscuring mist cheese is getting pretty intense. It's going to be important for someone to introduce AI that recognizes it because SCS currently does not. Also I noticed that spells like command and hold person are targeting dwarves first instead of non-shorty races (that are in the same range) for the best chance of actually getting the saving throw. Neira tried to land 2 commands and a hold person all on Kaigen even though there was a nice squishy elven bard next to him.

This might want to be passed on to David W. or potentially kreso or Mad Mate to see if it can be addressed since SCS has it's SRv4 specific code.

- to make AI run from Obscuring Mist is easilly doable I think. I don't know if it's worth it however, since the spell is very spammable, and I fear it would cause more trouble than it does now. Maybe the spell could last shorter.

SCS uses a run-from-cloud specific code that can be found on stratagems/init/detectcloud.tpa. You just need to add the filename of the .spl file to the inlined table inside that file. If you do this, enemies inside the cloud will run away from it until they're out of it (that is, they run away from the invisible creature that shouts from the middle of the cloud).

Obscuring Mist

SCS uses a run-from-cloud specific code that can be found on stratagems/init/detectcloud.tpa. You just need to add the filename of the .spl file to the inlined table inside that file. If you do this, enemies inside the cloud will run away from it until they're out of it (that is, they run away from the invisible creature that shouts from the middle of the cloud).

As Kreso says I wouldn't go for it. The spell isn't so dangerous to justify that behaviour, it would actually look silly to run away in fear from the mist imo. Especially with the upcoming refinements, as discussed above, the spell will be more AI friendly and not exploitable by players (*).

(*) To make sure those outside the cloud cannot rain down arrows on those inside I added AC bonus vs. missiles to those inside it, but at the same time I cannot remove the thac0 penalty within the cloud or we would create the opposite situation where those inside are advantaged over those outside (albeit the reduced line of sight should greatly limit the possibility for those inside to target those outside). :crazy:

Wand of MM vs Magic Missiles

Is there a difference between these two? I cast MM on a Battle Horror it saves every time. I use Wand of MM (with Kivan) and I succeds every time.

First guess: Battle Horrors are immune to Magic Missile spellfile, not to the projectile. IR's wand uses a different spellfile, and Vanilla's WoMM would have bypassed such immunity anyway because it was not working as a spell in the first place.

I'm not at home and I cannot check, but if the Horrors can be checked somehow (e.g. class type? unique combination of ids?) then I can fix it on my side. If not, I would have to patch the creatures themselves.

Gust of Wind

Can blow enemies through closed doors (I don't remember if there's anything to do against this?)

Afaik no. :( I've purposedly limited the range of all "wing buffet" effects but even with a small pushback you can still get the issue. Thankfully I think it's a rare issue, isn't it?

I actually fear Teleport Field could have a similar issue, doesn't it?

It's Battle Horrors from Miloch aka and probably also modified by SCS

~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #500 // PnP Helmed and Battle Horrors: v5

In SK it says Golem Iron under class I'm lost to what IDs are.

I'm atm in Durlags,with small corridors and many doors. Gust of Wind hasn't been an issue befor other than this : http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26517&p=235076

Cheers

Wand of MM vs Magic Missiles

Is there a difference between these two? I cast MM on a Battle Horror it saves every time. I use Wand of MM (with Kivan) and I succeds every time.

First guess: Battle Horrors are immune to Magic Missile spellfile, not to the projectile. IR's wand uses a different spellfile, and Vanilla's WoMM would have bypassed such immunity anyway because it was not working as a spell in the first place.

I'm not at home and I cannot check, but if the Horrors can be checked somehow (e.g. class type? unique combination of ids?) then I can fix it on my side. If not, I would have to patch the creatures themselves.

What about making the Wand of MM cast the MM .spl file at a set level? That would end this problem very easily (just a blind suggestion--I have no idea if this won't cause other issues).