Sword Coast Stratagems v28 bugfix thread

Mad Mate

Ok, that stops it from crashing. Now I have lizard men wielding halberds walking around. What do we do to fix this problem in SCS?

I expect DavidW just grabbed the animations from IWD but apparently didn't get all of them. Also, there's no need to use uncompressed BAMs unless SCS is compatible with vanilla BG or IWD (which it isn't). So SCS should include the full set of compressed BAMs I attached here.

Technically, that should go in the Fixpack since it is also a bug in unmodded BG2. In which case, SCS should check whether the animation is already present before copying the files (it probably does this already).

I expect DavidW just grabbed the animations from IWD but apparently didn't get all of them. Also, there's no need to use uncompressed BAMs unless SCS is compatible with vanilla BG or IWD (which it isn't). So SCS should include the full set of compressed BAMs I attached here.

Technically, that should go in the Fixpack since it is also a bug in unmodded BG2. In which case, SCS should check whether the animation is already present before copying the files (it probably does this already).

Thank you, Miloch.

Can I have your permission to include your bams in Stratagems v28 fix, for now, until DavidW comes back to SCS?

p.s.

I mentioned compressed/uncompressed thing, just to make sure we find reason of the crash (game crashes with DavidW bams only on BG2EE (Mac)).

Thank you, Miloch.

Can I have your permission to include your bams in Stratagems v28 fix, for now, until DavidW comes back to SCS?

Erhm, why would you ask such a thing, as he already encouraged you to do just that. ? :D Well, he didn't technically say the words, but...

Just seamed like right thing to do, and I think that he meant about BG2 Fixpack, when he mentioned Fixpack.

But the fact is, he said it in the way that the BG2 Fixpack is the best place, but that doesn't take away the fact that the SCS should have it too(as an independent projectTM), and thus the SCS Fix.. so long as "the fix" doesn't break a thing(the other fixes as an example).

I ran some other tests, and it reveals something unexpected. (In all these tests I removed the ACTION_IF exclusion I added to abazigal_enclave.tpa line 32.) I clean installed bg2ee, and installed SCS components 1000, 5900, and 8180. Then I copied the 58 old uncompressed .bams directly to the override folder. I ran the same lizard spawning tests as previously, and now they work -- lizards with halberds! Then, I reinstalled everything again, but replaced the 58 .bams in the abazigal/animations/ directory with the 60 new compressed .bams before installing SCS. After installing SCS with these new .bams, I get crashes again when spawning lizards. So it appears that either set of animations will work as long as they are dropped directly into the override folder instead of depending on the .biff file.

So there's something goofy happening with that

MAKE_BIFF dw#liza BEGIN ~%scsroot%/%component_loc%/animations~ ~.*\.bam~ END

line.

I ran some other tests, and it reveals something unexpected. (In all these tests I removed the ACTION_IF exclusion I added to abazigal_enclave.tpa line 32.) I clean installed bg2ee, and installed SCS components 1000, 5900, and 8180. Then I copied the 58 old uncompressed .bams directly to the override folder. I ran the same lizard spawning tests as previously, and now they work -- lizards with halberds! Then, I reinstalled everything again, but replaced the 58 .bams in the abazigal/animations/ directory with the 60 new compressed .bams before installing SCS. After installing SCS with these new .bams, I get crashes again when spawning lizards. So it appears that either set of animations will work as long as they are dropped directly into the override folder instead of depending on the .biff file.

line.

Are you sure you don't just need the v23700 weidu ?

Cause there was a fix to the biffing process. Actually multiple but whatever...

line.

dashteacup, thank you for testing!

Maybe we could just copy content from that dir to override, and skip making bif?

Does anybody knows what sfo command to do that?

I get parse errors with just COPY.

line.

Are you sure you don't just need the v23700 weidu ?

Cause there was a fix to the biffing process. Actually multiple but whatever...

...What? There's a new version of WeiDU? Why isn't it listed on the weidu.org page, which shows version 236 as the latest?

Well, it looks like it doesn't make a difference. When I use the new version of WeiDU, I get crashes with both sets of .bams put in the animations/ directory.

Yeah, with the new animations in the abazigal/animations/ directory and your new version of the tpa, the lizard men work properly.

And, please, one last test before I release new fix. Can you test with old animations in the abazigal/animations/ directory with new tpa?

Thanks!

Yeah, with the new animations in the abazigal/animations/ directory and your new version of the tpa, the lizard men work properly.

And, please, one last test before I release new fix. Can you test with old animations in the abazigal/animations/ directory with new tpa?

Thanks!

It fails because it doesn't have mlizhgu.bam and mlizhgue.bam, which you have in the list of files.

Updated SCS fix in the first post!
Changes in v1.6:
-added 2 missing bams (mlizhgu.bam & mlizhgue.bam) from Miloch's Lizard man missing weapons (thanks Miloch)
-better handling of restored weapon animations crash in bg2ee on osx. (thanks dashteacup)
-Wandering vampires didn't get SCS wandering script, because old v21 naming was used in vampire\vampire_shared.tph (line 36):

swap_script=>~dw#me2gw=>dw#vmran~

to

swap_script=>~dw2mc2gw=>dw#vmran~

Got this error when trying to install.

ERROR: Failure("You are trying to edit avaricem.CRE, which does not exist in the game")
Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.

Any idea what the problem is?

Installing into Tutu

Weidu log as below:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier
~SETUP-VYND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Vynd for BGTutu, BGT and BG:EE
~SETUP-FINCHNPCV3.TP2~ #0 #0 // Finch NPC for Tutu v3.0
~AJANTISBG1/SETUP-AJANTISBG1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installs Ajantis BG1 Expansion Modification: 9
~X0BLACK/X0BLACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Blackguard fighter kit: v1.01
~X0BLACK/X0BLACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Copy portraits: v1.01
~HEARTWARDERKIT/SETUP-HEARTWARDERKIT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Heartwarder Kit
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin NPC for Tutu and BGT, 14April2008: v8
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin: Romance (mature content): v8
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Gavin: Flirts (adult content): v8
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #8 // Gavin: Alternate Portraits -> Red tunic, by Miloch: v8
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #10 // Gavin: Player Initiated Dialogue: v8
~SETUP-INDINPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Indira NPC for BG1Tutu
~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Isra NPC Mod for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu
~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Gavin/Isra crossmod banter?
~SETUP-THALAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Thalantyr - Item Upgrade: 3.7
~VALERIE/VALERIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Valerie NPC Mod for BG1 Tutu: v1.1
~SETUP-BGII-SUBRACE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Subrace mini-mod for BGII v1.0
~SETUP-BGII-SUBRACE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Alternate NPC subraces
~SETUP-CRUSADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Champion of Torm
~SETUP-CRUSADE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Adventurer
~SETUP-CRUSADE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Crusader Items

Archived