IR and 1PP v4... again

Salk

Hello!

I am having a paperdoll issue with the latest Beta version (7) of IR (I also installed some optional compatible components of 1PP v4, notably "Increased paperdoll object variety (core)")

This is what happens to my archer with and without armor:

Without

post-453-0-32523000-1434005555_thumb.jpg

With

post-453-0-09079000-1434005583_thumb.jpg

In the first case (no armor) the helmet's position is right but the paperdoll itself is not centered, unlike all the other paperdolls (I have a F/M/C, a Barbarian, an Inquisitor, a Kensai, a Monk and an Archer).

In the second case (armor) the paperdoll's position is centered as result of my wearing an armor but then the helmet is off.

A similar problem happens with a Male Ranger Elf created for testing purpose.

No armor or light armor

post-453-0-95516900-1434007019_thumb.jpg

Medium armor

post-453-0-55600500-1434007058_thumb.jpg

Anybody else experiencing something similar?

Any solution?

Thanks!

Well, the bug is in the 1PP v4.1.0 component "Avatar fixes"... despite the name, the component must be messing with the paperdolls as well.

Nobody before me ever noticed it?

Taking a closer look using NI it seemed to me that there are a wide number of paperdolls that are slightly (or prominently) misaligned.

Can somebody else confirm this?

Well, the paperdolls and avatars are related at least by same naming principle... and it might be awkward if the paperdoll uses a plate while the avatar is using a leather. Or the color schemes are fully reversed, and so on.
Remember, you are using multiple versions of the same mod(resources), the outcome is likely to be a little multilateral.

Nobody before me ever noticed it?

Ouh yeah, it's not like this has ever been reported at the 1PP forums before... It has. Example 1.

Thanks for your reply, Jarno.

The link to the 1PP forum has been especially interesting. I understand how it'd be nice to make the paperdoll match in detail the avatar. But the misalignments are a much more critical issue...

I suppose it'd be possible to realign all those paperdolls... Do you know where I can find a list with the file references for each paperdoll? Male, Female, Elf, Human, Orc, Dwarves, No armor, Light armor, robes and so on...?

Starting this Sunday I'll be back full time. I'll try to look into it, but afaik it should be fixed on 1PP side not mine, am I wrong?

Alternatively I could try to either stop using some "custom" animations (btw, is it only for helmets or something else?) or force even more 1PP stuff into the standard IR install.

Last but not lease, afaik everything if fine if only IR is installed, right? Which components of 1PP should be added to the list of "non-compatible with IR"?

Starting this Sunday I'll be back full time. I'll try to look into it, but afaik it should be fixed on 1PP side not mine, am I wrong?

Alternatively I could try to either stop using some "custom" animations (btw, is it only for helmets or something else?) or force even more 1PP stuff into the standard IR install.

Last but not lease, afaik everything if fine if only IR is installed, right? Which components of 1PP should be added to the list of "non-compatible with IR"?

Nice to see you again, Demi!

I am investigating but I am sure Mike1072 could give an answer much more quickly.

From what I can understand, you are right: there is nothing wrong with IR itself, it's just one of the 1PP v4 component (Avatar Fixes) that has many misaligned (sometimes severely) paperdolls. The component seems to be fully compatible with IR so from what I see there is nothing you should do on your side. Unfortunately Erephine, like many other great modders, have left years ago now... :pout:

Also, I didn't see any problem with the animations themselves, for that little I could test...

If you actually wish to fix the whole thing, you just copy the 1PP resources into the IR folder and make them so they fit into the your scheme of all things(aka, the avatar file, the paperdolls and so forth are in the correct spots with the other files you use) and then copy those over the existing files and say that that component of the IR should be installed after the 1PP, and you'll never have this problem ever again.

Demi,

if 1PP component "Core Paperdoll" which, according to the documentation is part of IR v4 Beta 7, is installed after IR v4 Beta 7, there is no misalignment anymore.

This means that the fault seems to be indeed on IR's side.

From that little I can understand from the 1pp.tpa code it seems IR v4 Beta 7 still ships with old versions of the paperdolls. The folder v2 and v3_paperdoll contain duplicate files and it seems to me that the most updated version of Erephine's paperdolls is not there.

This sort of alignment issue is usually caused when helmet paperdolls are designed to be used with a different base paperdoll (i.e. the helmet expects the head to be in a different spot).

IR was previously using the 1PP v3 paperdolls and the WIP files for shields and helmets. With 1PP v4, Erephine finished her work on shields and helmets, and made some more changes to paperdolls.

The plan is for IR to use v4 shields, helmets, and paperdolls, but I think we've only updated the shields so far.

However, the IR install instructions should prevent you from overwriting IR's paperdolls unless I overlooked something. If you could post your WeiDU.log (just the IR and 1PP parts), that would help me investigate.

Hello, mike1072.

Thanks for your help. I no longer have the same installation but I can easily tell you what my WeiDU log at the time was (I have a specific list). I could replicate the problem easily by following this alternate installation list (quicker for testing purpose):

I am showing 4 different scenarios with 4 slightly different installations. The paperdolls misalignments/issues are not only present for the Female Elf FIghter. As I showed above, it affects also the Male Elf Fighter and I wouldn't know how many more since I didn't try each class.

post-453-0-90309600-1434080615_thumb.jpg

WeiDU log: WeiDU log 1.txt

Here it shows how the helmet, weapon and shield are aligned but how the paperdoll itself is off centered (moved to the left) showing that IR moved the items to match the wrong position of the paperdoll rather than do the opposite. Note also how the inventory icons for armor and shield are still BG 2 material (I reported it long ago here: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15882&p=196113 and I have my own mod that restores the right icons but I left it out to work on an unaltered testing platform)

post-453-0-64274600-1434080716_thumb.jpg

WeiDU log: WeiDU log 2.txt

Here 1PP v4's "Avatar Fixes" components centers the paperdoll the way it should but the equipped items maintain the original IR position.

post-453-0-61165400-1434081092_thumb.jpg

WeiDU log: WeiDU log 3.txt

The "Core Paperdolls" component seems to rectify the problem and position the items where they should, giving the desirable result. The paperdoll helmet's appearance is different though and does not match the inventory icon and in some cases not even the in game avatar.

Well, I guess that in the next version of IR you can always change the readme file and warn about the 1PP v4.1.0 component "Avatar Fixes" being incompatible.

Can the position of the paperdoll objects be easily changed within NI?

I play without 1PP and also see misalignment of some weapons in my EE game.

Just weapons? What about helmets and shields? From what I understand, the paperdolls position changed while the paperdoll objects kept their original position so it should affect everything really.

The reason why it affects EE must be that EE comes with 1PP material already installed.

Let's see if I understood the issue. The latest 1PP paperdolls don't go well with some of the helmet animations I was using. I should update to newest paperdolls but also re-work all helmets to use only 1PPv4 animations (and check for color assignments because for some reason I seem to recall the references were different). Correct?

Archived