Photo

Magic Missile (And the number of Missiles)

3 replies to this topic

#1 pinewoodpine

pinewoodpine
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:09 PM

So I was messing around with the spell Magic Missile, intending to create the other magic missile spells (Force Missile; Lesser Missile Storm; Major Missile Storm), but I can't find which address dictates the number of missiles spawned per caster level.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: So messed around a bit more. I realized I can't find the maximum CL for any spells. I must be blind, or are they hard coded?

Edit2: Scrap the one about finding no maximum CL for other spells - turned out I was looking at the wrong ones. The one with Magic Missile still stands though.

Edit3: Nevermind, turned out I was looking at the wrong Magic Missile spell all along.

Edit 4: Is there anyway to spawn more than 5 magic missile? I assume there are animation files for 6 missiles and up to 11, but I haven't actually tried those.

Edited by pinewoodpine, 20 July 2015 - 05:19 PM.

#2 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 2990 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:23 PM

It's all hardcoded in the engine (projectile), so likely not. IWD has a projectile creation opcode, but it's not present in bgs, so perhaps you could literally hack it in by crafting and abusing an aoe projectile with child projectiles.

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Market android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

#3 Avenger

Avenger
  • Modders
  • 3711 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

GemRB or EE can have custom missiles of any number, for the vanilla games, it is limited at 10 or 5.

#4 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • Modders
  • 387 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

You can just change the number of targets to whatever you need in combination with the different projectiles.  It's not as elegant, and definitely not randomized like Isaac's, but it still produces a similar outcome.

PRO

68 - 1 missile per target

69 - 2 missiles per target

70 - 3 etc

71 - 4

72 - 5

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users