Mod Compatibility List for EET

MOD COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR EET

-- LINK TO THE LIST --

This compatibility list will be frequently updated. It is highly recommended that you follow what is said in the linked list if you are planning to make EET installation with mods.

EET project aims to be a mod friendly platform and tries to get as much support as possible when it comes to compatibility with mods. EET comes with tools and modder resources designed for easier EET support implementation, and I'm offering advices and help with any cross-platform related coding task for already released and upcoming BG:EE and BG2:EE mods.. Hopefully this approach will result in a respectable compatibility list once the mod become officially released, so that it could appeal to both mod makers and mod players.

Installation tips and notes on compatibility

• Tools like Project Infinity (successor of BWS) are the preferable ways to install mods for Windows users.
  • It is highly recommended to check out the installation order and compatibility between mods. Just keep in mind that in EET game some BG1 mods need to be installed on BG:EE before EET installation on BG2:EE.
  • Current compatibility between EET and other modifications are listed below.
  • Note that versions of modifications below those stated are not compatible.
  • The compatibility list does not imply that the other modifications mentioned are compatible with each other. Make sure you understand the specific requirements of each modification by looking at their readmes before you go into hardcore mixing and matching.

This topic remains open. We would like to keep this list up to date, so please feel free to post about any mods that received an EET related update. Confirmations from authors about patches internalization and feedback regarding particular patches being obsolete due to mod update are very much welcomed too.

The compatibility list is hosted on Github and everyone with Github account has free access to edit it.

Is anyone aware of work done for Northern Tales of the Swordcoast and if - yes - will it be part of the BGEE or BG2EE part of an EET installation?

Like I've mentioned on SHS I'm working on updating NTotSC to work with both EET and BGT at the same time, so a version that hopefully will replace the one currently hosted on SHS. Native support, so installed after EET on BG2:EE or after BGT on BG2. Similar treatment as DSotSC, so modernized tp2 coding, EE engine related changes, cross-platform coding, internalization of all known bugfixes and major item and XP balancing overhaul. Although it's uncertain if this particular update will be even released because author of the original mod (Aurelinus) was not very happy with Sir Billy Bob's conversion to BGT (IIRC he once said that if he would get another chance at the time he would forbid the release of BGT version because it's not faithful enough to his work), so maybe he will be also against this one. I will try to contact him and check his stance.

When it comes to DSotSC the problem didn't exist because I've received a blessing from the original author - CuChoinneach.

Is it possible/recommended to use BWS already now to install a test-EET version? Will BWS identify and download the correct mod versions required for EET?

unfortunately no. You can do some hacking to enable it but it will work correctly only on mods installed on BG:EE. BG2 ones needs to be installed manually for now. BWS would install incorrect versions (for example you had wrong version of Tower of Deception in your last weidu.log that you posted on SHS - the newest one is 4.0), and it can't implement patches mentioned in this topic for now. Before requesting help from BWS guys regarding patches implementation in similar fashion to Big World Fixpack let's find out if mod authors are actually interested in internalizing these patches themselves or if some of them are against EET support altogether. I also need to check if Big World Fixpack itself conflicts with current patches because I used original releases to prepare them rather than mods patched with BWF.

So yeah, installing many mods with beta EET is a nightmare. But when EET will be released officially it will be fully supported by Big World Setup.

Edited by K4thos

Is anyone aware of work done for Northern Tales of the Swordcoast and if - yes - will it be part of the BGEE or BG2EE part of an EET installation?

Like I've mentioned on SHS I'm working on updating NTotSC to work with both EET and BGT at the same time, so a version that hopefully will replace the one currently hosted on SHS. Native support, so installed after EET on BG2:EE or after BGT on BG2. Similar treatment as DSotSC, so modernized tp2 coding, EE engine related changes, cross-platform coding, internalization of all known bugfixes and major item and XP balancing overhaul. Although it's uncertain if this particular update will be even released because author of the original mod (Aurelinus) was not very happy with Sir Billy Bob's conversion to BGT (IIRC he once said that if he would get another chance at the time he would forbid the release of BGT version because it's not faithful enough to his work), so maybe he will be also against this one. I will try to contact him and check his stance.

When it comes to DSotSC the problem didn't exist because I've received a blessing from the original author - CuChoinneach.

Is it possible/recommended to use BWS already now to install a test-EET version? Will BWS identify and download the correct mod versions required for EET?

unfortunately no. You can do some hacking to enable it but it will work correctly only on mods installed on BG:EE. BG2 ones needs to be installed manually for now. BWS would install incorrect versions (for example you had wrong version of Tower of Deception in your last weidu.log that you posted on SHS - the newest one is 4.0), and it can't implement patches mentioned in this topic for now. Before requesting help from BWS guys regarding patches implementation in similar fashion to Big World Fixpack let's find out if mod authors are actually interested in internalizing these patches themselves or if some of them are against EET support altogether. I also need to check if Big World Fixpack itself conflicts with current patches because I used original releases to prepare them rather than mods patched with BWF.

So yeah, installing many mods with beta EET is a nightmare. But when EET will be released officially it will be fully supported by Big World Setup.

Thank you for both answers - I will thus be able to proceed as follows

Make a BGEE install with your listed mods - it contains everything to proceed with Sandrah in this part (except Northern Tales)

I will install EET

I will install the BG2EE mods from your list I need

I will install my homemade version of Aurora for further testing

I will install Sandrah on top of all (I will regularly install and de-install her as I progress)

I will install NTotSC whenever a useable version becomes available and integrate it (until then I will work with some homemade extract that is based on the assumption that NTotSC will be contentswise equivalent to BGT)

I keep my fingers crossed for your success on NTotSC - without Ghotal and the Fields of Death I will be stuck before the BG2 part can even start.

Currently I am content that Sandrah's interaction with all other mods is mostly same as in BGT, the major issue is to identify and replace former BGT resources used by suitable EE/EET ones (creatures, items, and standard scripts) or develop custom ones to replace the missing ones.

Edited by Roxanne

K4thos, congratulations on the new forum. I plan to update BWS this weekend to install the EET mods that are currently available. Have you considered using patching for the BG2 mods instead of replacement files, as is done by the BiG World Fixpack?

Edit: I see you answered this already. Please disregard.

Edited by agb1

Order does matter, but not for EET compatibility, just for final state of the game. I think you should follow the same order you would for BGT.

???This is what I would have guessed BUT what about mods like Grey Clan or DSotSC?

I probably try roughly

- Ascension

- big contents mods

- npc mods

- worldmap

- I will leave out spells/items/portraits and such stuff anyway for the time being

Edited by Roxanne

In the installation instruction of the first post you provide an order to install BGEE mods.

The 2. Mods that can be installed after EET on BG2:EE are just in alphabetical order - does the sequence not matter for them?

Edited by Roxanne

Followed the BGEE install as per your post.

Now I receive EET error - Cannot install due to Valerie - I checked twice that I have version 1.1 for BGEE according to your list. EET version was just downloaded from master zip.

This is BGEE Weidu log

~VALERIE\VALERIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Valerie NPC Mod for BG1 Tutu: v1.1

This is EET compatibility.tbl

VALERIE 0 //Valerie NPC Mod for BG1 Tutu

The 2. Mods that can be installed after EET on BG2:EE are just in alphabetical order - does the sequence not matter for them?

To not confuse people I will sort BG:EE mods in alphabetical order. Of course installation order does matter. It's even mentioned in the first post.

I will check that Valerie mod, wait a sec.