Mod Compatibility List for EET

For anyone who is waiting for my promised merged patches... I am getting closer and still anticipate finishing tomorrow. I plan to validate everything with a BWS-EET test install, then officially enable EET in BWS as well.

Meanwhile, I'm also helping Lava with updates for the Colours of Infinity mods, including K4thos' EET patches, Fixpack patches, converted graphics, updated translations and improved compatibility (e.g., BP-BGT-Worldmap always compatible, instead of either/or with regular worldmap).

In short - plenty of improvements coming soon, thanks for your patience.

I've learned I'm very bad at estimates when it comes to this, but I am still working on the patches and making progress. The merge itself is effectively complete; I'm testing now.

For anyone who is waiting for my promised merged patches... I am getting closer and still anticipate finishing tomorrow. I plan to validate everything with a BWS-EET test install, then officially enable EET in BWS as well.

Meanwhile, I'm also helping Lava with updates for the Colours of Infinity mods, including K4thos' EET patches, Fixpack patches, converted graphics, updated translations and improved compatibility (e.g., BP-BGT-Worldmap always compatible, instead of either/or with regular worldmap).

I've learned I'm very bad at estimates when it comes to this, but I am still working on the patches and making progress. The merge itself is effectively complete; I'm testing now.

There's no way that I can adequately express the amount of gratitude and appreciation I have for everyone who's involved in making this truly amazing project come to life.

Edited by Ser Elryk

thank you so much :)

I have to ask again though. I did use BWS in the past, and it would automatically select the mods compatible if I picked BG1EE or BG2EE. meaning, I could only mod one at a time. How does it work here? can it recognize that I intend to use EET somehow, or do I have to let BWS mod my BG1EE game first, independently of whatever I'm planning to do with BG2EE?

For reference, I'm using the version downloaded directly from Beamdog.

When we enable it, you will give BWS the path to both folders (BG1EE and BG2EE) and it will do the rest. Same as BGT if you ever used BWS for that.

You will NOT need to run BWS separately for BG1. You will select everything for both and BWS will do the rest.

MOD COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR EET

Last Updated: 05.10.2016

Installation tips and notes on compatibility

- after EET becomes officially released the Big World Setup installation utility will be updated to support this platform, which means at least Windows users will be able to automatically make installations with huge selections of mods without worrying about install order and technical stuff.

The BiG World Setup (BWS) tool now supports EET installations, including all mods from the first post on this thread. Simply choose BG2EE / EET as your installation type and provide the path to both your BG1EE and your BG2EE folders. If you set the BG1EE folder path to a single dash "-" then BWS will revert to BG2EE-only (non-EET) mode.

Your BG2EE folder should be clean of all mods (exactly as it was after running the official installer) before starting a BWS installation, but you must start the game once and create a saved game.

Your BG1EE folder should also be clean of all mods, but you must additionally run the MODMERGE tool (only once) in the BG1EE folder if you have the Steam or GoG version of the Siege of Dragonspear expansion. If you use BWS, it will remind you when you provide your BG1EE folder path if you forgot to run modmerge. If BWS accepts your BG1EE folder path, modmerge is already done or not needed (as is the case if you purchased the expansion directly from Beamdog).

While using BWS, it will allow you to select which mods you want to install (while not showing you any mods that are not yet EET-compatible), inform you of known conflicts and dependencies and it also lets you export your chosen selection for later use.

Once you start the installation process (click the Continue button enough times), BWS will first download the latest versions of each mod you selected (you can manually provide zip/rar/etc. mod archives into the "BiG World Downloads" folder if you already have the mods downloaded; the location of that Downloads folder can be set on the same screen where you set the game folder paths). After downloading is complete, BWS will inform you if any mods could not be downloaded and will ask you if you want to provide them. If you say yes, BWS expects you to put the zip/rar/archive in the Big World Downloads folder before you tell BWS to continue, because that is where it will look, not in whatever Downloads folder your Internet browser uses.

After the download phase, BWS will unpack the mods you selected into the appropriate game folders, apply the latest available patches, and then run the installers. Once BWS finishes installing BG1EE mods that have to be installed before EET, it automatically starts working in your BG2EE folder and repeats the process, including running the EET installer itself at the appropriate time (after applying patches, before installing other mods on BG2EE).

Just to make sure this is clear, since there have been many questions about it: You do NOT run BWS separately first for BG1EE and then again separately for BG2EE+EET. It is a single continuous process. Also, you can restart BWS as many times as you want and play around with different mod selections without having any effect on your game folders. BWS only touches your game folders when it is in "install mode", which only happens when you click Continue on the final configuration page (don't worry about doing this accidentally - it will ask first).

To address another commonly asked question: BWS has an auto-update feature that is used to update its internal database of mod versions, download links, conflict rules, etc before it brings up the user interface and starts interacting with you. Updating BWS has no effect on your game folders at any time. BWS also has a startup script labeled "without update" that skips its auto-update, and it is recommended to use this "skip start" only if you restarted BWS in the middle of an installation. That's because during an installation, BWS is relying on its internal files to know which mods to install next, and it's possible that an auto-update might include a change in the recommended sequence. This might confuse BWS in the middle of an installation (we haven't tested it much), so it's safer to avoid any changes to BWS' internal data until the current installation is done.

3. Mods that can be installed after EET main component on BG2:EE but MUST BE PATCHED FIRST

For now you can't just install these mods on top of EET. You first need to download proper patch and extract it on top of the mod to add EET compatibility. Patches simply overwrites existing files which means they are designed for a mod versions as listed below. The patch will become outdated as soon as the author updates a mod, so if this happens the patch should not be used and the mod will become not compatible. That is why we're trying to get in contact with every mod author to make these patches officially internalized. Hopefully this list will shrink over time.

Patches are available on GitHub: https://github.com/K4thos/EET-patches-for-BG2EE-mods

All of K4thos' patches linked above are now included in the BiG World Fixpack, which can be used manually and is used automatically by the Windows-only BiG World Setup tool. Unlike the EET-patches-for-BG2EE mods, which contain complete replacements of modified files and should only be used with the exact mod version indicated, the BiG World Fixpack contains line-by-line patches and checks each line before patching to make sure it hasn't changed, so it is often the case that patches in the Fixpack still can be applied to newer versions of a mod (if those particular targeted lines haven't changed). Of course we regularly update patches in the BiG World Fixpack when we learn about new mod versions, and you can also look at the patches yourself (in the BiG World Fixpack/>>modname<< subfolders) to see exactly what is being changed.

The BiG World Fixpack includes additional patches for many of the mods listed in this thread (fixing issues that have been discovered in the time after K4thos last updated his compatibility patches on GitHub), so it is recommended now to use only the BiG World Fixpack, and not to use the EET-patches-for-BG2EE-mods. You can click HERE to download the latest BiG World Fixpack if you are doing a manual installation.

The BiG World Fixpack has a new WeiDU-based cross-platform install script (Windows: run _ApplyPatches.bat, OSX/Linux/other: run weidu _ApplyPatches.tp2) and will validate each patch before applying it by checking the VERSION of the target mod in your game folder and comparing it to the VERSION in the Fixpack patches. If there is a mismatch, it will pause and ask you whether you want to patch anyway or skip that mod. It is also safe to run the WeiDU Fixpack script multiple times, because it will skip mods that have already been patched.

The Fixpack is different from other WeiDU patches because it does not modify content in the game directly: instead, it modifies specific files in each unpacked mod folder in your game directory, which will affect what those mods do to the game when you run their individual installers later. For example, the Fixpack patches WeiDU .baf script and .D dialogue and .tra translation files before they are compiled into the game. This type of patching has no effect on any mods that have already been installed, so only run the "setup-modname.exe" (or weidu installer equivalent for OSX/Linux/other) for a mod after running the Fixpack script (so: unpack a mod, run the Fixpack script, then at some later time run the mod's own installer).

Note that you can (and should) run the Fixpack script separately in both your BG1EE and BG2EE folders, after unpacking the mods you plan to install there, because it includes fixes for BG1EE mods.

Edited by agb1

The out of memory issue with EET is still unresolved, so I must caution that BWS cannot provide a flawless EET installation experience yet. I recommend minimizing the number of pre-EET BG1EE mods you select, for now.

Even with this, having BWS support for EET is a big step forward for EET.

It hopefully encourages for mods to be made compatible for EET so that the new EET grows even larger and richer,

An awful lot of work has gone into that, thank you for that.

PS having done my (last) manual install just yesterday I may not use it myself for some time yet but it is great to know it is there for the next one.

I've added HANDLE_CHARSETS patches for the following BG2-classic mods to the BiG World Fixpack:

1. Haer'Dalis Swords v2 - http://www.shsforums...erdalis-swords/

2. Lucy the Wyvern v4 - http://www.shsforums...ucy-the-wyvern/

3. The Minotaur and Lilacor v1.6 - http://www.shsforums...ur-and-lilacor/

As none of these mods use GAME_IS checks or Chapter checks, and they exclusively modify BG2 content, I believe they are now also BG2EE and EET compatible.

Hi agb1,

i've started to do a BWS EET installation (Selected Tactical installation)

As usual questions and remarks ;)

1. Under "Corrections" -> "Jim's Fixes and Tweaks" are some fixes/tweaks for Ascension+SCS listed and selected. Are these still needed? If yes, could they be incorporated in "github" - Ascension and in SCS BWPfix?
  2. PPE is listed with version 0.91, but v1.01 is the most recent ?!?
  3. BP-BGT Worldmap is selected as standard. EET comes with its own worldmap. Is there any reason not to use this one?
  4. There are also some dependency rules (SCS #8000,...) mentioning eetact2 and Tactics, but these are not part of BWS EET (yet?). It's a bit confusing.
  5. The SCS BG1 Improved Encounters (#7000-#7900) are not selected and marked as expert. Any reason for that?
  6. Golem Construction for spellcaster also alters the AI. Is this compatible to SCS?

(e) added more items

Edited by Azoth

1. Not sure. Good suggestion.

2. Hadn't noticed. Will update - thanks!

3. BP-BGT-Worldmap covers more of Faerun. Depending which mods you use it might be necessary to use the huge map. EET default world map looks great too. So I would only use the map mod if required, but it is still personal preference otherwise.

4. Rules are shared across game types and we don't filter out the mods that aren't available. I agree it can be confusing. Maybe I'll make that optional.

5. Not tested recently. Historically had issues installing, I think. I enabled them all in my current test install but haven't had time to test yet.

6. Not sure. Argent77 undoubtedly considered this given the popularity of SCS, but I don't know the compatibility situation.

Actually, Argent77 did not consider the compatibility with SCS since he doesn't really use it I think.I don't think he's against doing it though.

That's right. I usually don't play with any AI enhancing mods, so I have no experience about adding SCS support to the Golem Construction mod. If someone is willing to make a compatibility fix for it I will integrate it into my mod.

There are two kinds of script enhancement to consider. Making use of new golem innates in vanilla golem scripts, which is installed by the main component. And adding specific actions to enemy mage scripts to use more effective measures against golems, which is part of an optional subcomponent.

The file "WeiDU.exe" needed for the mod "WeiDU" is missing.
Enter [d]ownload, [s]elect, skip [o]ne or [a]ll missing files.

Hmm...using BWS i get this message although WeiDU.exe was downloaded and is in "BiG World Downloads" folder ?!?

(e) When i force to use the downloaded WeiDU.exe:

The file does not have the expected size.
Edited by Azoth