EET patches for BG2EE mods

:rolleyes:
:whistle:
Link.

Just to make a public request to the EET guys (and gather opinions from any bystanders as well :p)

I noticed this repo- seems like a prime candidate for BWPFixpack inclusion. Is anyone (I'm specifically looking at White Agnus :lol:) working on patchifying them?

that would be great, although probably better to wait some time. The mod is still not officially released so right now external patches affects only beta testers, not normal players. Now that the forum is up and we can simply link to topics with explanation what the changes are meant to achieve, we will try to contact all the authors with request to internalize them officially. It would be more work for you Lollorian, if you add EET compatibility patch only to remove the code after some time, when the author decides to internalize it (unless it's really easy, not sure how you generate Big World Fixpack - is it fully automatic?). There also may be situations with modders that are absolutely against such changes, so I think it's worth hearing from them first.

Generating them is simple enough :) (I do single files by hand through WinMerge but have a patcher tool donated by Leonardo Watson for batches of files)

Should be a simple weekend's worth of effort :p Most of which would be taking into account the fixes already present in the fixpack... I'll drop these patches into the BWP Compatibility folder to separate them from actual fixes.

As for taking into account mod updates, there are many people (White Agnus included :p) who contribute to the BWPFixpack - if I'm inactive (which I will be for the next couple of weeks) the BWS could easily switch to their master branch of the BWPFixpack with these patches removed (and new stuff added) :D

As for taking into account mod updates, there are many people (White Agnus included :p) who contribute to the BWPFixpack - if I'm inactive (which I will be for the next couple of weeks) the BWS could easily switch to their master branch of the BWPFixpack with these patches removed (and new stuff added) :D

didn't think about that :) GitHub makes reacting to modders wishes easy, indeed.

Most of which would be taking into account the fixes already present in the fixpack...

:fish: Sorry. I've used files from original releases instead of pre-patched with BWF, because we are planning to send some of them via "pull requests" to devel branches. I think it will be easier for reviewing if only EET related changes will show up in commit comparison.

I've just made a quick look into BWF and from what I see it already changes area placement in Lava's Innershade and Eilistraees Song mods to fix conflict with vanilla Beamdog content. I've moved them too because EET default worldmap consists of vanilla ones so that placement also didn't work right there. Here is how the new placement looks like in vanilla BG2:EE. Notice that AR2700 (new area from Almateria Restoration Project) has different coordinates in the new release (v8.2.6), so your old coordinates for Lava's areas may no longer fit it. I'd suggest using the ones I've proposed for Innershade and Eilistraees Song, if you don't want to waste time checking old ones in game.

Some other notes:

Changes.txt files doesn't mention EVALUATE_BUFFER changes. Whenever you see something like:

Patching Innershade/EENoMos/ARISH1.baf: GlobalGT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",4) => GlobalGT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_4%)

than it also means that I've manually added EVALUATE_BUFFER to the particular script/dialogue compilation/extending top/bottom/replace bcs block. The only exception is BG2 Questpack in which I've used converter to add evaluation to all possible places due to amount of files chapter variable was used in that mod. I can prepare new patch with manually added EVALUATE_BUFFER, if the above mentioned patching will be more problematic to BWF.

-----------

Thanks you very much for this effort!

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but I have (or believe I can get) permission to update several small mods which have not been updated in a long time. I would like to see any patches from BWF or similar sources internalized (if any such patches/fixes exist), and support for the EEs and in turn EET added. They haven't because I lack the WeiDU knowledge to do so myself (and honestly have little desire to acquire it). If a conglomerate of experienced modders is or can be assembled with the intent of acquiring permission to and updating outdated mods such as these, I would like to offer my (deep albeit somewhat narrow) modding expertise to the cause. I have been in the modding scene since at least as early as 2006 (around the time I submitted my first contribution to Classic Adventures), and consider my expertise to be in video, audio, and graphic editing and conversion. This includes the MVE, W(E)BM, WAV, WAVC, ACM, OGG, MOS, BMP, and BAM file formats. I also have a decent amount of experience writing/maintaining HTML/XML/CSS readmes and webpages. In exchange for receiving help updating my mod(s), I would be happy to provide help in return.

I have the rights to update Thrown Hammers, BG: EE Classic Movies, a myriad of IE Modding Tools, and believe I can get permission to oversee updates to any of Miloch's mods. I also have the authority to work on and update Classic Adventures as I wish. Feel free to PM me at any of the forums I am registered at (usually with the username of Sam. Sam_ or occasionally Sampsca).

Sam, your offer is appreciated and welcome.

The current BWF fixes are documented here in the GitHub project itself (in a file called _BWP_fixes.txt):

https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/BiG-World-Fixpack

As far as I know, this is the best resource for converting mods to EE: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26671

In terms of forming a team -- Ser Elryk (a player registered on SHSForums) recently asked Lollorian how to request mods for porting to EE and that led to a bit of discussion with another player (Ineth) who has a bit of WeiDU experience and has managed to convert some BG2 mods for EE for personal use. If we have permission, I'm sure we can gather enough expertise.

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but I have (or believe I can get) permission to update several small mods which have not been updated in a long time. I would like to see any patches from BWF or similar sources internalized (if any such patches/fixes exist), and support for the EEs and in turn EET added. They haven't because I lack the WeiDU knowledge to do so myself (and honestly have little desire to acquire it). If a conglomerate of experienced modders is or can be assembled with the intent of acquiring permission to and updating outdated mods such as these, I would like to offer my (deep albeit somewhat narrow) modding expertise to the cause. I have been in the modding scene since at least as early as 2006 (around the time I submitted my first contribution to Classic Adventures), and consider my expertise to be in video, audio, and graphic editing and conversion. This includes the MVE, W(E)BM, WAV, WAVC, ACM, OGG, MOS, BMP, and BAM file formats. I also have a decent amount of experience writing/maintaining HTML/XML/CSS readmes and webpages. In exchange for receiving help updating my mod(s), I would be happy to provide help in return.

I have the rights to update Thrown Hammers, BG: EE Classic Movies, a myriad of IE Modding Tools, and believe I can get permission to oversee updates to any of Miloch's mods. I also have the authority to work on and update Classic Adventures as I wish. Feel free to PM me at any of the forums I am registered at (usually with the username of Sam. Sam_ or occasionally Sampsca).

Here is update for Thrown Hammers: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qtmopq

(it's full mod, not patch)

It should now work with BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, EET and all previously supported platforms. What still has to be done is updating item descriptions to EE engine format in a new setup-ee.tra file (exported all item strings to this file). Check in vanilla game how descriptions differs compared to old games, if you want to do it. Needed for all languages including English.

edit: Jarno :goodwork:

Here is update for Thrown Hammers

You are awesome, thank you! I've finished the English item description changes for EEs, and am working on the Readme updates now. I have a couple of questions, but I'll ask them in other threads so I don't spam this one with unrelated content. I'll see if I can figure out GitHub and upload it to a repo there when everything is finished.

Archived