SCS will not install on EE 2.0

Don't have time right now to test it, but while doing EET update to 2.0 patch I had to change SPELL.IDS parsing code (standard row by row loop starting from first line) due to added "IDS V1.0" line. Try removing this new line all together and see if you will be able to install SCS.

Ah - that's not bad. Can you tell me which subdirectory/file it's in?

In your (EET) game files. :p

Or you can add an additional row to the SCS's function that calculates the row coordinate, as the .ids files in the future will likely be standardized to the same set of rules as the .2da files... but that's over work, under pay.

Don't have time right now to test it, but while doing EET update to 2.0 patch I had to change SPELL.IDS parsing code (standard row by row loop starting from first line) due to added "IDS V1.0" line. Try removing this new line all together and see if you will be able to install SCS.

Since I just finished a quite excessive playthrough of EET (without SCS) for which I have reported some issues I found in another thread - I could not relate any of the issues to the missing of SCS. The trilogy seems to be quite satisfactorily playable without that mod, which as a whole was originally created for a different game.

Why is SCS now declared a neccessary pre-requisite for EET??? I clearly miss some dependencies here - but I had no acccess to v2,0 of EE and maybe that is why,

Ah - that's not bad. Can you tell me which subdirectory/file it's in? (SCS is a hypercomplicated mess... the price for greatness I guess.)

If I know where to look I can probably fix, test, and publish a hotfix.

in lib_iterate.tpa you will need to change this code:

COPY_EXISTING "spell.ids" override
      COUNT_2DA_ROWS 2 rowcount
      FOR (i=0;i<rowcount;i+=1) BEGIN
          READ_2DA_ENTRY i 0 2 idscode
          LPF idscode_to_spell INT_VAR idscode RET resref END
          SPRINT list "%list% %resref%.spl"
      END
   BUT_ONLY

to this:

ACTION_IF ENGINE_IS ~bgee bg2ee~ BEGIN
       OUTER_SET ids_first_row = 1
   END ELSE BEGIN
       OUTER_SET ids_first_row = 0
   END
      FOR (i=ids_first_row;i<rowcount;i+=1) BEGIN
      END
   BUT_ONLY

this part would produce an error for sure in patch 2.0. But no idea if this is enough to make it install. There are more subtle changes like this in patch 2.0.

edit:

Why is SCS now declared a neccessary pre-requisite for EET???

of course it isn't. It's just a popular mod, so I've made a patch for it to support EET, that's all. But the mod no longer can be installed on BG:EE / BG2:EE patch 2.0 which is currently in open beta.

Since I just finished a quite excessive playthrough of EET (without SCS) for which I have reported some issues I found in another thread - I could not relate any of the issues to the missing of SCS. The trilogy seems to be quite satisfactorily playable without that mod, which as a whole was originally created for a different game.

Why is SCS now declared a neccessary pre-requisite for EET??? I clearly miss some dependencies here - but I had no acccess to v2,0 of EE and maybe that is why,

It's all about personal opinion, but when you have played 100 times BG1 and BG2 (vanilla, EE, with few mods, with full BigWorld...), SCS is one of the mods that will allow you to enjoy your 101 times just like the first one (if you are interested int he fights :) ).

Edit : that don't make SCS mandatory, but first times I played EET, it was the mods that I missed the most :)

It's all about personal opinion, but when you have played 100 times BG1 and BG2 (vanilla, EE, with few mods, with full BigWorld...), SCS is one of the mods that will allow you to enjoy your 101 times just like the first one (if you are interested int he fights :) ).

Edit : that don't make SCS mandatory, but first times I played EET, it was the mods that I missed the most :)

Are you sure it is only game play? I played through BGT a significant number of times (probably not 100) most of the time with former SCSI + II - I omitted the mega SCS during last year due to all the install problems it has in BGT - I missed some minor features but always found compensation in the fact that the game was less buggy this way (of course I always used the largest possible mega-mod installation in BGT you could have without ruining your game).

So I understand this as *SCS is as essential for EET as it was for BGT*. As you said, a matter of taste...

@imp - I can find spell.ids perfectly fine. I was asking which of SCS' ~100 .tpa files needed editing. (But I think you knew that.) Apparently it's lib_iterate.tpa... clear as day what that file does... :p

@Roxanne nobody ever said SCS is a necessary pre-requisite for EET. Just that any player savvy enough to put together an EET install is NOT likely to find the game "satisfactorily playable" without SCS. I mean don't get me wrong, most of SCS is not necessary: the spell tweaks, the specific encounters... I skip all that stuff.

But I CAN'T play this game any more without the basic SCS AI and better calls for help. And many people feel the same. So I think it's worth a bit of effort to track down the install problems and make sure people can enjoy that mod as quickly as posdible, no?

But I CAN'T play this game any more

That's an opinion... not a statement of a true fact. Even if you interpreter it as such... meaning that you could be a little clearer on the definition of facts and statements of opinions.

You can live without your legs, but not a heart. (be that a non or an artificial :p )

And many people feel the same.

Erhm, no they don't. They can say that they wish they won't have to play without it, but that's a different story.

Fact is, I can't either play the game without installing a mod of mine... be that any one of them, but I won't likely ever going to install everyone of them, either. Mostly cause I have so many that they won't be install-able anyways. But that's just an opinion, but also one that you can't know to be true or false ... ouh and in case you won't say it, it doesn't mean that you meant it. So; You can't hide yourself with the clause of possible deniability.

Ah - that's not bad. Can you tell me which subdirectory/file it's in? (SCS is a hypercomplicated mess... the price for greatness I guess.)

If I know where to look I can probably fix, test, and publish a hotfix.

in lib_iterate.tpa you will need to change this code:

END
   BUT_ONLY
to this:

ACTION_IF ENGINE_IS ~bgee bg2ee~ BEGIN
       OUTER_SET ids_first_row = 1
   END ELSE BEGIN
       OUTER_SET ids_first_row = 0
   END
      FOR (i=ids_first_row;i<rowcount;i+=1) BEGIN
      END
   BUT_ONLY
this part would produce an error for sure in patch 2.0. But no idea if this is enough to make it install. There are more subtle changes like this in patch 2.0.

The better way to do this is just to do an INT check, e.g.

PATCH_IF IS_AN_INT idscode BEGIN
          END 
      END
   BUT_ONLY

Archived