EET v13.4 released

You should read my statement more carefully. The zip archive itself contains files of the same name, but of different cases. This is no problem on Linux because uppercased and lowercased filenames are treated differently. But on Windows (and OS X) you'll get overwrite warnings because the filesystems are case-insensitive.

Or you could actually do the reading... because your game folder SHOULD not have EET -folder in it... so there is nothing to overwrite.

Yes, the statement that the game folder is assumed to be clean from the previous install of the EET before you extract the new one is in the question you failed to answer to, in my post. But that's how I write things.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I've already explained the cause of the overwrite warning in detail, twice. You'll see what I mean when you look at the file list on Github.

Btw, I'm obviously unpacking it into a clean BG2EE installation, or this particular issue wouldn't even occur at all (unless you choose to confirm the overwrite warning for each file individually).

I made this report http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28179&page=3&do=findComment&comment=247802 in the other thread, however after further analysis of the issue it seems to be a new bug introduced between RC4 and RC7. It concerns the end bios screens which are no longer shown but you get a bean dog SoD credits screen instead.

Further info thanks to help from Argent77 -> it may be an issue with the alternative GUI (SoD) from EET_End.

Edited by Roxanne

I made this report http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28179&page=3&do=findComment&comment=247802 in the other thread, however after further analysis of the issue it seems to be a new bug introduced between RC4 and RC7. It concerns the end bios screens which are no longer shown but you get a bean dog SoD credits screen instead.

Further info thanks to help from Argent77 -> it may be an issue with the alternative GUI (SoD) from EET_End.

imported code from BG2:EE GUI to fix it. Thanks for report.

My two cents about EET RC7.1:

1. I would strongly suggest to make the desktop shortcut creation optional. Not everyone wants to allow a mod to make changes outside of the game environment.

2. The EET download archive contains PNG files of same name but different case in the "EET/docs/images" subfolder which triggers confusing overwrite warnings on Windows (and probably OS X as well).

1. Additional question during installation seems excessive to me (the less confusing the installation is the better, imo) but there is already an option to disable it via --args-list explained in the updated readme. Is this good enough?

2. Fixed, thanks

-----

I've added 7.1 as a release now (some of these changes were in main branch before). No point in updating if someone has RC7 already insalled since there are no crucial bugfixes here.

https://github.com/K4thos/EET/releases

Version 1.0 Release Candidate 7.1

- Desktop shortcut created at the end of installation

- EET directory now uses BGT icon (custom icon would be welcomed if someone is interested in making it) edit: this actually didn't make it because Github doesn't recognize custom folder icons. The icon itself is still used for shortcut though.

- Fixed problem with BG:EE leftover scripts in BG2:EE chapter variable patching (AMNISH3.BCS, BRILLA.BCS, FERGUS.BCS, GATEWARD.BCS, LEAVECH7.BCS, POGHMA8.BCS, TETHTORL.BCS)

- 'Alternative GUI (SoD)' component moved to external WeiDU mod (in order to not confuse user what required setup-EET_end is used for)

- Updated readme file (there was some not up to date junk still mentioned there)

- .git/config ignorecase = false (without it some images can't be previewed in HTML file)

- prologue page visible in journal even after finishing it (previously chapter 1 replaced it)

- EPILOGUE section added to SoD UI.MENU

- full Spanish translation by Saemon (movies dubbing will be added when White Agnus show up)

Edited by K4thos

1. Additional question during installation seems excessive to me (the less confusing the installation is the better, imo) but there is already an option to disable it via --args-list explained in the updated readme. Is this good enough?

I'm not really happy with the current solution, but it's better than nothing. (I'll probably remove the respective code portions manually from EET anyway whenever a new version is released.)

Another minor issue: The BG1 item MISC2D (Kiel Wardstone) contains an empty description. The cause is most likely an identical item in the BG2 assets that is not replaced by the original BG1 item (which does have the correct description).

My two cents about EET RC7.1:

1. I would strongly suggest to make the desktop shortcut creation optional. Not everyone wants to allow a mod to make changes outside of the game environment.

I would say that it would be better to add such a thing to the EET Tweaks component. Unless a poll shows me that I am totally off.

Another BG1-related issue: Fergus, the Flaming Fist member you can meet in the HQ, should be removed by script if you enter the HQ in BG1 chapter 7 (when you're about to rescue Duke Eltan). EET seems to update his script so that it points to BG2 chapter 7 (i.e. chapter 19) instead. Since he's still there he will inevitably turn hostile and your reputation drops dramatically if you kill him.

Edit: It looks like the same script (FERGUS.BCS) is present in BG2EE as well, that's probably why it is affected by the chapter update function.

Edited by argent77

Another BG1-related issue: Fergus, the Flaming Fist member you can meet in the HQ, should be removed by script if you enter the HQ in BG1 chapter 7 (when you're about to rescue Duke Eltan). EET seems to update his script so that it points to BG2 chapter 7 (i.e. chapter 19) instead. Since he's still there he will inevitably turn hostile and your reputation drops dramatically if you kill him.

Edit: It looks like the same script (FERGUS.BCS) is present in BG2EE as well, that's probably why it is affected by the chapter update function.

It's already fixed in RC7.1, take a look at the changelog. AMNISH3.BCS, BRILLA.BCS, FERGUS.BCS, GATEWARD.BCS, LEAVECH7.BCS, POGHMA8.BCS, TETHTORL.BCS are now imported from BG1, so no longer affected by the BG2 chapter adjustment function.

Another minor issue: The BG1 item MISC2D (Kiel Wardstone) contains an empty description. The cause is most likely an identical item in the BG2 assets that is not replaced by the original BG1 item (which does have the correct description).

fixed internally, thanks.

edit: RC7.1 changes to above mentioned scripts have been attached to this post. Simply copy these files to Override.

RC7.1Override.7z

Edited by K4thos

In BG2626, i was expecting reaching Chapter 7.

Hey, of course! I remember having the very same bug in one of my runs of EET...
Here is the post : http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27796&p=242637 (and below is the solution that still works).

But, I've read here that few peoples already did full runs, so my question is : why am I the only one to have this bug ?

Here is the post : http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27796&p=242637 (and below is the solution that still works).

But, I've read here that few peoples already did full runs, so my question is : why am I the only one to have this bug ?

Does your BG2626.bcs still say (like in the old post) ?

IF

Global("Teth","GLOBAL",2)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

IncrementChapter("CHPTXT7_") //because I have IncrementChapter("Chptxt7") no underscore

AddJournalEntry(104622,INFO)

SetGlobal("Teth","GLOBAL",3)

END

Sounds like some mod is meesing up with Teth variable. Use this weidu code and upload whole 'Teth/upload' directory

BEGIN ~Teth~

MKDIR ~Teth/upload~

ACTION_FOR_EACH ext IN dlg bcs BEGIN
    COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.+\.%ext%~ ~override~
        DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN
            COUNT_REGEXP_INSTANCES ~"Teth"~ num_matches
            PATCH_IF (num_matches > 0) BEGIN
                DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY files BEGIN ~%SOURCE_FILE%~ => dummy END
            END
        END
    BUT_ONLY
END

ACTION_PHP_EACH files AS file => dummy BEGIN
    COPY_EXISTING ~%file%~ ~Teth/upload~
        PATCH_IF ~%SOURCE_EXT%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~bcs~ BEGIN
            DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
        END ELSE BEGIN
            DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D
        END
END