EET v13.4 released

Sorry - it's my bad explanation:

In vanilla BG1 UI and vanilla BG2 UI there is space for 8 kits to be displayed before the need for a scrollbar (height of the list box is 382 with rowheight 44): 382/44 is 8.6. Both lists have a scrollbar applied to them in the released UI.menu

In vanilla SOD UI there is space for 11 kits to be displayed before the need for a scrollbar (height of the list box is 490 with rowheight 44): 490/44 is 11.1 It doesn't have a scrollbar coded in.

​Reasoning is the maximum number of kits in a vanilla version of the game is 10. Therefore BG1 and BG2 UIs would need a scrollbar but SOD UI wouldn't because their new UI has the necessary space, so they took the scrollbar out, (my assumption) is they don't see it as a bug as it's not breaking anything hence why it's not been fixed. It is a simple fix, but for Beamdog maybe not a necessary change.

As suggested, if they don't do it in the next release then I would add them directly manually as it suggests they don't see it as broken.

Edited by mr2150
I just killed the drow war party left of the imprisonment machine and I found a broken armor and 1 less armor than the number of drows. I reloaded before the fight, did it again and indeed there was 1 more armor on the ground and no broken one. Seems like drow armors can break due to the Iron Crisis, unless it broke due to something else that I don't know?

Iron Crisis has been removed from 1.0 releases for non-weapon items (it has been moved to unreleased new version of EET_Tweaks), so it's unliekly to be caused by EET. Maybe some other mod? The easiest way would be chcecking the item name in Near Infinity and than analyse that item. I will take a look if you send me that ITM file.

mr2150, thanks for contribution. Both changes will be part of RC5.

Edited by K4thos

EDIT: Had another quick look at it - I'm not sure they will fix it for vanilla SOD GUI - the maximum number of kits in a vanilla unmodded game is 10 (for Mage class) - since the vanilla SOD GUI has space for 11 there is no need for them to add a scrollbar there - so maybe they don't see it as a bug? Vanilla BG2 GUI only has space for 8 kits - hence the need for a scrollbar.

I for one won't bother with any kind of UI modding until they support a system that lets players install different UI Tweaks from different sources, for different parts of the UI, in a compatible way. k4thos could implement what you suggest, but then a player might easily overwrite the change by adding some other UI tweak. Or has to delve into a bunch of Lua code and be super careful not to break anything.

I know this stuff seems simple to you guys who have taken classes in programming and easily understand different kinds of code, but for 99% of players it is very intimidating and intensely unpleasant. The opposite experience they want when sitting down to spend precious free time playing a computer game.

Sorry for the mini-rant. I'm just saying, "just add the scroll bars yourselves" is a bad solution to this problem that is MUCH more easily patched by the devs.

My entire history of programming is 1-week excel macro course around 10-years ago - lua and UI stuff is actually easier to understand than WEIDU in my opinion as a new modder coming in.

Anyway, have you seen what AncientCowboy is doing here? He's using WEIDU to install a lot of UI mods directly (although it's only a partial solution, I believe as the user has to check for compatibility issues).

I have installed the followings from EET_Tweaks, which makes it even weirder.

~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Disable item shattering for enemies: 1.3

~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #16 // Adjust BG1 weapon shattering: 1.3

Here are the 2 .itm of the armors I found afterwards(when nothing broke).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erm4weyqv26hlyu/brkitems.7z?dl=0

EET_Tweaks that currently hangs on GitHub is not fully compatible with EET 1.0 RC (I'm actually thinking about taking it down until update for that mod is ready). Those shaterring components uses entirely different system than the new implementation (made possible by patch 2.x), so it can cause problems if you installed it. I'd suggest uninstalling these components for now.

Edited by K4thos

Ok :) Are there any other components that were majorly changed and I should uninstall ? Here's the whole EET tweaks log.

~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Teleport spell: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Consistent NPC appearance: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Adjust total XP CAP: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Adjust XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Adjust XP for killing creatures: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #8 // Adjust XP for quests: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Adjust FPS and fix audio skipping in cutscenes: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #12 // More bandit scalps: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #13 // Put Sword of Chaos +2 in Sarevok's inventory: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Disable item shattering for enemies: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #16 // Adjust BG1 weapon shattering: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Disable hostile reaction after charm: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #21 // Adjust familiar death consequences: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #28 // Remove junk from global scripts: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #29 // Restore TotSC textscreens: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #31 // Borderless Full Screen Worldmap: 1.3

Quick notes I made during gameplay, the "Adjust fps" isn't up to date for SoD though it works well for the rest. I also feel like the exp rewards scaling during the game kicks in too late, I was still having rewards of 10 to 100 exp for locks at over 600k exp.

I don't know which subject I should use but I've just had a weird thing happen as I met Rasaad. Luckily, I have a save just before(though not just before entering trademeet).

He was in the street next to the High Merchant's home, I had the discussion with himto recruit him, I did and then kicked him out then I went north to the center of the town and the cutscene where he beats other monks happened weirdly.

Here's the save, he's to the right outside the building.

I can check it out but where is the save that you've mentioned?

Adjust FPS and fix audio skipping in cutscenes

this one will be greatly improved at some point to take into account DisplayStringWait action that is heavely used by Beamdog content (I will run each referenced WAV file with a tool that analyses the length of track and than add exactly as many SmallWait() ticks needed to not abort sounds triggered by this action). This is why the current tweak is not effective in SoD and other Beamdog's cutscenes. Although you can keep it installed for now since it will help with many vanilla BG2 cutscenes.

Borderless Full Screen Worldmap

as you can see this one doesn't work at all with patch 2.x GUI system. I've tried to port it into LUA but without success.

Consistent NPC appearance

needs updating with SoD added CRE files. Although no problem in keeping the current version

Put Sword of Chaos +2 in Sarevok's inventory

usless considering the party is moved automatically to SoD after killing Sarevok.

Disable item shattering for enemies

Adjust BG1 weapon shattering

uninstall

Adjust familiar death consequences

there were some changes in this implementation so not sure if this tweak still works. Did you try it?

others from your list are probably ok.

Edited by K4thos
I managed to take the Sword of Chaos from Sarevok's body but it shouldn't be the case anyway since SoD states that the sword was shipped to Athkathla.

You can take the sword - you are the only one present at Sarevok's defeat. SoD says it was taken from the Ducal Palace and shipped to Athkatla, i.e. after you returned to the Dukes. There is some time interval between Sarevok's death and SoD start.

Then I shouldn't be able to keep it but there's no point giving the weapon to take it back immediately, so it might as well not be on Sarevok's body unless I'm missing something.

If you find it on Sarevok and identify it, you will know that it exists, so the initial scene in SoD when it is told to have been stolen makes sense. Later you find it with the Djinni in Irenicus Dungeon, so now you know how it got there and why the Djinni claims that it is YOUR weapon (as you defeated Sarevok and you are a bhaalspawn). Script-wise you loose it when EET moves you into the SoD extension and the bd0120.bcs script takes your items and replaces them with new equipment. By the way, in the unmodded version of EET there is only a slim chance to get the sword, as directly with Sarevok's death the transition is started. In my upcoming mod I had to code some delay to give you time to loot Sarevok & co as my NPCs need to find some quest items on them.

Alright it makes sense this way, I was able to keep the sword through SoD however because it wasn't removed from my inventory so if I wasn't supposed to then it's probably a bug that will be made unimportant with an update to EET tweaks.

As a personal opinion, I think the transition to SoD could use some work anyway, It felt very abrupt.

Edited by GrimLefourbe