EET v13.4 released

RNDTRES.2DA appears to be special in many ways. For example, you can't define random lists with a chance of generating no item at all. The engine appears to calculate the chances for each item from the available items in the row. The remaining "*" entries are ignored completely.

I'm using this file extensively in my Golem Construction mod. To simulate a chance of no item drop, I had to add dummy items with cleared "Droppable" flag to the list. None of the items have a non-zero lore defined however, so I didn't notice that items from this table are automatically identified. I'll make some more tests. Maybe I can find out more.

I'm using this file extensively in my Golem Construction mod. To simulate a chance of no item drop, I had to add dummy items with cleared "Droppable" flag to the list. None of the items have a non-zero lore defined however, so I didn't notice that items from this table are automatically identified. I'll make some more tests. Maybe I can find out more.

Thanks for information. I've just done some tests with RNDWAND dummy item listed there and it spawns unidentified wands on both vanilla BG:EE and EET. At the same time BGDTRE05 dummy item added by EET (which is RNDTRE05 in vanilla BG:EE) spawns already identified wands and ammunition via RNDTRES.2DA. Don't understand how is that possible unless there is some additional flag other than "Magical" on ITM files that controls if the item is valid for identification.

RNDTRES.2DA appears to be special in many ways. For example, you can't define random lists with a chance of generating no item at all. The engine appears to calculate the chances for each item from the available items in the row. The remaining "*" entries are ignored completely.

this means that we will have to adopt this system in EET too or otherwise the drop rate will be higher during BG1 than in vanilla BG:EE.

edit: ahh, forgot about lore check. I will test if my character by any chance automatically identified those items from RNDTRE05. That would explain it.

Edited by K4thos

ok, I've tested it a little more and I know where the problem lays:

- if you spawn item from RNDTRES.2DA directly from the row it works fine - items are unidentified if applicable

- if you reference another dummy item within this file than the bug happens - items from that referenced row are spawned correctly but always identified

this means that we will have to adopt this system in EET too or otherwise the drop rate will be higher during BG1 than in vanilla BG:EE.

BG:EE already used all columns, so this feature wouldn't affect EET. But with above mentioned identification issues I think we need to go back using standard random tables files with A-Z letters instead of BG prefix. I don't think Beamdog will fix it considering it doesn't affect SoD (all items in rows added by SoD are referenced directly)

Thank you for this report, Argent. It will be fixed in the next RC.

Edited by K4thos

Uh, I just got to the end of SoD starting from BG1 on RC03.1 and

The bit right at the end when you exit the cave and Imoen meets you?

I see the "Heya! Over here!" message and she doesn't appear, making me unable to finish SoD

Edited by Lobsterkun

I see the "Heya! Over here!" message and she doesn't appear, making me unable to finish SoD

please upload your save (you can attach it to the post after zipping it) from before you exit that cave. It may be related to the already fixed problem in RC4 (npclevel 2da files) or maybe I just forgot to change her override script manually on spawn so she simply disappeared (part of the automatic cleaning solution for NPCs). We will see (save is needed so I don't waste time analysing the code :p). And don't worry, I will make a patch that will fix it for you. Thanks for the report.

Edited by K4thos

please upload your save from before you exit that cave. It may be related to the already fixed problem in RC4 (npclevel 2da files) or maybe I just forgot to change her override script manually on spawn so she simply disappeared (part of the automatic cleaning solution for NPCs). We will see. And don't worry, I will make a patch that will fix it for you. Thanks for the report.

Okay, here it is, I updated it to RC4 but the bug persists http://www.mediafire.com/download/foc7wraaf2swepn/000000052-Tim13.zip

BGEE + SoD + modmerge: + mods listed as compatible:

WeiDU-BGEE.log

clean BG2EE With Some Tweak Anthology and EET Tweaks and now EET 1.0 RC4:

WeiDU.log

Edited by Lobsterkun

Error while installing setup-EET_end.exe:

ERROR: [BGDIALOG.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %pdialog_tbl_46_3%"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Finalise EET (last mod in install order)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 784 files for [SETUP-EET_END.TP2] component 2.
Uninstalled    784 files for [SETUP-EET_END.TP2] component 2.
ERROR: Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %pdialog_tbl_46_3%")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET_END.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)

BGEE + SoD + modmerge + mods listed as compatible:
WeiDU-BGEE.log

clean BG2EE only EET 1.0 RC4:
WeiDU.log

Setup-EET.debug
Setup-EET_end.debug

Can you please have a look?
Thanks.

Edited by Azoth

please upload your save from before you exit that cave. It may be related to the already fixed problem in RC4 (npclevel 2da files) or maybe I just forgot to change her override script manually on spawn so she simply disappeared (part of the automatic cleaning solution for NPCs). We will see. And don't worry, I will make a patch that will fix it for you. Thanks for the report.

Okay, here it is, I updated it to RC4 but the bug persists http://www.mediafire.com/download/foc7wraaf2swepn/000000052-Tim13.zip

BGEE + SoD + modmerge: + mods listed as compatible:

attachicon.gifWeiDU-BGEE.log

clean BG2EE With Some Tweak Anthology and EET Tweaks and now EET 1.0 RC4:

attachicon.gifWeiDU.log

thanks, I will fix it tomorrow (going sleep now)

-----------------------------------

ERROR: [bGDIALOG.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %pdialog_tbl_46_3%"))

ERROR Installing [Finalise EET (last mod in install order)], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 784 files for [sETUP-EET_END.TP2] component 2.

Uninstalled 784 files for [sETUP-EET_END.TP2] component 2.

ERROR: Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %pdialog_tbl_46_3%")

attachicon.gifWeiDU.log

Setup-EET.debug

Setup-EET_end.debug

Thanks.

thanks for report. Try installing it with setup-EET_end.tp2 attached to this post (paste it to main folder). If it won't help please upload your BGDIALOG.2DA file located in Override directory.

setup-EET_end.tp2

Edited by K4thos
thanks, I will fix it tomorrow (going sleep now)

ok, no need to wait with it since the fix is easy. The EET code is fine. What is causing the bug is "Story mode" (a new mode added in EE patch 2.x that makes whole party immortal). After removing all junk related to story mode spell from Imoen CRE file stored in your save file she showed up just fine. So it looks like some effect from that mode conflicts with MoveGlobal action used in script (my guess would be "Remove Creature" effect although it needs testing). This mode also conflicts with the SoD ending in EET.

If you're fully invincible you can't be knockout by Shadow Thieves

So it would need to be disabled at least for that part. I will see what can be done about it. The easiest way would be removing story mode from EET since we don't know how much it can srew in game but that would be extreme and it looks like some people indeed like this mode.

Anyway Azoth here is a save with fixed Imoen (well, not entirely since she won't be available during end cutscene due to some leftovers caused by story mode that still affects her since she couldn't join the team right after this conversation). Although you will be able to move to SoA. Just disable Story mode as soon as you load the game. Once you're in BG2 you can enable it again. Let us know if you experience more problems like this with story mode enabled.

edit:

I've checked how this mode is handled and it shouldn't be hard to temporary disable it at will and remove effects from NPCs. Support for it should be ready for next RC. Great find Azoth, this is a major issue.

000000052-Tim13-fixed.zip

Edited by K4thos

ERROR: [bGDIALOG.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %pdialog_tbl_46_3%"))

Will uninstall 784 files for [sETUP-EET_END.TP2] component 2.

Uninstalled 784 files for [sETUP-EET_END.TP2] component 2.

attachicon.gifWeiDU.log

Setup-EET.debug

Setup-EET_end.debug

Thanks.

thanks for report. Try installing it with setup-EET_end.tp2 attached to this post (paste it to main folder). If it won't help please upload your BGDIALOG.2DA file located in Override directory.

Thanks. setup-EET_end installed without errors.

Anyway Azoth here is a save with fixed Imoen (well, not entirely since she won't be available during end cutscene due to some leftovers caused by story mode that still affects her since she couldn't join the team right after this conversation). Although you will be able to move to SoA. Just disable Story mode as soon as you load the game. Once you're in BG2 you can enable it again. Let us know if you experience more problems like this with story mode enabled.

edit:

I've checked how this mode is handled and it shouldn't be hard to temporary disable it at will and remove effects from NPCs. Support for it should be ready for next RC. Great find Azoth, this is a major issue.

All credits belong to Lobsterkun ;)

Any idea what this means ?

ERROR: error loading [WeiDU-BGEE.log]
ERROR: Failure("resource [L_en_US.LUA] not found for 'COPY'")

I tried to install with BWS but I can't find any file named L_en_US.LUA anywhere so i'm not sure what I should be doing here.

Awesome work though.

harmless, not even reported at the end of installation by weidu.

ERROR: Failure("resource [L_en_US.LUA] not found for 'COPY'")

I tried to install with BWS but I can't find any file named L_en_US.LUA anywhere so i'm not sure what I should be doing here.

can you see v2.3.67.3 below Quit Game button after starting vanilla BG:EE? If no than your game is not supported until you update it. EET always depends on the latest patches.

Edited by K4thos

Yes this is my version, the bug seems to be due to the way BWS handles EET(with the option unhidden) because I went through the installation process manually and it worked out, i'm currently testing.

It probably means that BWS will need to be updated for it to work once EET 1.0 is released.

On a vanilla install, L_en_US.LUA can't be found. I guess it's because it's not been overriden yet.

On my current(working and non BWS) EET install, it's present in the override folder so I assume BWS asks for it before it's been overriden.

I remember installing EET via BWS before SoD's integration so it's probably due to a change made since then.

I'm not sure I understood correctly, feel free to correct me if I didn't.

L_en_us.LUA isn't in the folder either in a clean BG2 install.

It is in the override after using EET and only EET on a BGEE game.

It's much like UI.menu, it isn't anywhere in the bg folder by default but it can still be overriden.

Recap:

File isn't on vanilla BGEE.

File isn't on vanilla BG2EE.

File is on EET manual install.

File can't be found for copy during BWS install.

So I guess it's due to either a buffer type of issue(ie file isn't written to the right folder when it's being looked for but in an temp folder) or the file is looked for too early in the process.