'Finalise EET' component (setup-EET_end)

BluePear

Installed EET with RC3 - everything went fine until EET_end

ERROR: [CLASTEXT.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %clastext_tbl_73_9%"))
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Finalize EET (last mod in install order)], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [EET/backup/end/2/OTHER.2]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "EET/backup/end/2/OTHER.2")
[EET/backup/end/2/UNSETSTR.2] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 1318 files for [sETUP-EET_END.TP2] component 2.

Let me know if you need more info.[

attachment=2760:SETUP-EET_END.DEBUG.txt] Had to add the txt extension for the forum sw to accept the upload

this should fix it. Thanks for report.

This code has been added:

PRETTY_PRINT_2DA
        REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~^[ ]+CLASSID[ ]+KITID .+$~ ~ CLASSID KITID LOWER DESCSTR MIXED BIOGRAPHY FALLEN BRIEFDESC FALLEN_NOTICE~
        REPLACE_EVALUATE CASE_INSENSITIVE ~^\([^ ]+[ ]+[^ ]+[ ]+.+\)$~ BEGIN
            INNER_PATCH_SAVE MATCH1 ~%MATCH1%~ BEGIN
                COUNT_REGEXP_INSTANCES ~[ ]+~ num_matches
                WHILE (num_matches < 9) BEGIN
                    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~$~ ~ -1~
                    SET num_matches = num_matches + 1
                END
            END
        END ~%MATCH1%~

so now all class text rows will be updated beforehand with missing entries even if some mod appended new entry with less columns to this file.

setup-EET_end.tp2

so now all class text rows will be updated beforehand with missing entries even if some mod appended new entry with less columns to this file.

That was quick, I try the new version soon.

1. As you can see in CAMPAIGN.2DA following pairs of files are used in game:

- PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA - BG2

- BGDIALOG.2DA and BGBANTER.2DA - BG1 equivalents

- BDDIALOG.2DA and BDBANTER.2DA - SoD equivalents (btw, in vanilla SoD these files are used too for this purpose)

- 25DIALOG.2DA and 25BANTER.2DA - ToB equivalents (notice that EET doesn't use MoveToExpansion for ToB start, so those later columns in PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA are automatically moved here instead)

With the new version of setup-EET_end.tp2 if you just patch PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA in your mod than all other 2DA files will be aslo updated using these values. But that happens only if DV is not yet present in the file, which means you can assign different dialogues and dream scripts if you like.

Not sure what I need to change in PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA in my mod to make things work.

I have the standard entries made for both files but my NPCs do not show up in any of the campaigns except BG2??

Fun to fix issues that the official game patches should... the above error was made by using the old weidu ADD_KIT function use that didn't actually append the other .2da files... and the game doesn't technically need those as these kits aren't available as player choose-able.

Ouh, and you probably do not want to set the FALLEN as -1, as it probably should default to 0. Aka, the 7th figure in the table.

Not sure what I need to change in PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA in my mod to make things work.

nothing, you can still use your old code for it. That's the point. If you want you can patch other files to have unique dialogs and dream scripts during different parts of the game but if you don't do it than the same files will be used through whole game (EET_end updates other files if DV is not yet present there - see yourself after installing last component).

I have the standard entries made for both files but my NPCs do not show up in any of the campaigns except BG2??

these files are not responsible for NPC spawning. Nothing has been changed that could affect the way NPC shows up in game

Ouh, and you probably do not want to set the FALLEN as -1, as it probably should default to 0. Aka, the 7th figure in the table.

in the upper left corner of the file there is "-1" which means that's the default value used by the game. Thanks for the info about ADD_KIT function.

nothing. That's the point. If you want you can patch other files to have unique dialogs and dream scripts during different parts of the game but if you don't do it than the same files will be used through whole game (EET_end updates other files - see yourself after installing last component).

these files are not responsible for NPC spawning. Nothing has been changed that could affect the way NPC shows up in game

OK fine - understood it now - by the way "not showing up" meant, they do not show up in the 2da files, which is now explained.

PS - with your fixed tp2 I have now completed installation of the game. I think I have a really good compilation of mods of all kinds to enjoy the new world of EET

BIG BIG THANKS AND ROARING APPLAUSE FOR K4thos!!!

Is there a way to expand the feedback area at the bottom to more than one line during play and to collapse it again?

I'm not interested in modding GUI features (this way it's easier to update the code after each patch which often changes UI.MENU file). What you see in EET is a vanilla BG2:EE and SoD GUI with little changes needed to implement Campaign Selection menu etc.

When this mod will be finished (out of active development with constant updates) than I will send pecca a version of it compatible with EET (or patching code needed if this will be implemented), so you may request features to him, since that mod already changes crazy amount of things in SoD GUI.

We will however internalize this mod in both BG2:EE and SoD GUI if those silly problems with "NO OBJECTIVE TEXT" and empty entries won't be fixed in the next official BG2:EE patch.

No idea to which topic to put this issue, so here it is.

One of my NPCs is a Githyanki female thief. She appears in the BG1 part of the game with githyanki animation and also my selfmade githyanki paperdoll in the inventory screen. Everything works as designed.

Now I transit to SoD extension with her in party - her animation changes to human female thief, same on inventory screen, even if her race correctly says githyanki.

Are there some extra files I need to append to for SoD to keep her continuos??

It is only the animation, everything else (scripts, dialogue, items, abilities) is unchanged after transition.

Is this joinable NPC? Did you got her into party during BG1? If you didn't add GITHYANKI entry in RACETEXT.2DA yet than try this:

- uninstall setup-EET_end last component

- add this race (I assume you mean 152 GITHYANKI from RACE.IDS) into RACETEXT.2DA.

- install setup-EET_end last component

- load a save before you have entered the area with her during SoD and go there now. See if her animation is changed.

Let me know if this fixes the issue. If yes than probably different RACETEXT and CLASTEXT 2da files for each campaign will be removed in the next release. It's a feature that meant to add unique biography when you start a game using different campaigns but unfortunately it doesn't work when engine_mode = 1 in engine.lua (only works on engine_mode = 0 BG:EE), so it's useless for EET either way (unless someone will be able to patch the exe file to enable this biography feature).

Is this joinable NPC? Did you got her into party during BG1? If you didn't add GITHYANKI entry in RACETEXT.2DA yet than try this:

- uninstall setup-EET_end last component

- add this race (I assume you mean 152 GITHYANKI from RACE.IDS) into RACETEXT.2DA.

- install setup-EET_end last component

- load a save before you have entered the area with her during SoD and go there now. See if her animation is changed.

Let me know if this fixes the issue. If yes than probably different RACETEXT and CLASTEXT 2da files for each campaign will be removed in the next release. It's a feature that meant to add unique biography when you start a game using different campaigns but unfortunately it doesn't work when engine_mode = 1 in engine.lua (only works on engine_mode = 0 BG:EE), so it's useless for EET either way (unless someone will be able to patch the exe file to enable this biography feature).

This is my current tp2 entry

APPEND ~racetext.2da~

~GITHYANKI 152 34273 -1 72732 -1~

UNLESS ~GITHYANKI~

where the 2 string entries stand for "Githyanki"

Checking racetext.2da with NI confirmed that the entry is there.

She is a joinable NPC and I recruited her during BG1 (everything works fine in that part). As a joinable NPC she has her personal Bio as well.

When I move into SoD via EET transition, all of it stays intact, the only thing that is lost is the animation which changes from GITHYAKI to THIEF_FEMALE_HUMAN.

So, I understand that it is a problem solved with the next EET version? (It may be applicable for some other *exotic* NPCs provided by other mods)

So, I understand that it is a problem solved with the next EET version? (It may be applicable for some other *exotic* NPCs provided by other mods)

no idea why this problem happens in the first place. It doesn't make sense to me, so don't know what to fix.

APPEND ~racetext.2da~

UNLESS ~GITHYANKI~

1. Was this entry already there when you were testing it?

2. Is this entry also in SODRACE.2DA after installing setup-EET_end?

3. Does this NPC CRE file has GITHYANKI animation set directly in CRE file or do you change it in-game via ChangeAnimation / ChangeRace or some spell effect?

edit:

4. Please check every creature file name that you have added in NPCLEVEL.2DA (if you even use it for that NPC) - if any of them have THIEF_FEMALE_HUMAN animation than I think I know what happens.

no idea why this problem happens in the first place. It doesn't make sense to me, so don't know what to fix.

APPEND ~racetext.2da~

UNLESS ~GITHYANKI~

1. Was this entry already there when you were testing it?

2. Is this entry also in SODRACE.2DA after installing setup-EET_end?

3. Does this NPC CRE file has GITHYANKI animation set directly in CRE file or do you change it in-game via ChangeAnimation / ChangeRace or some spell effect?

edit:

4. Please check every creature file name that you have added in NPCLEVEL.2DA (if you even use it for that NPC) - if any of them have THIEF_FEMALE_HUMAN animation than I think I know what happens.

1. yes

2. yes

3. It is directly in the CRE file

4. I add nothing to NPCLEVEL.2DA and I double-checked that they do not appear in that file at all. My NPCs appear at a specific point in the plot at the level representing their background story. They are supposed to be continuous throughout the portion of the game when they are available.

I've managed to reproduce this problem. Now I need to think how to fix it :p

If there is need to fix it...

If my githyanki NPC is the only one affected by this problem, I might consider a workaround solution. In old BGT version she would leave the party to return to the Astral Plane after Sarevoks death

and her finding an artifact Sarevok's mage Semaj had stolen from her mentor

. This leaving took place when the party returned after Sarevok's death to the Ducal palace when passing the maze. In EET I have moved this scene to the initial SoD dungeon when PC finished the mission there. I could solve my issue by delaying the BG1 to SoD transition until the githyanki has left the party still within BG1 part??

PS

The only files I could identify in campaign.2da that deal with race + class are racetext.2da vs sodrace.2da and

clastext.2da vs sodcltxt.2da

while racetext and sodrace are identical in my install,

the other two are different

(BG1)THIEF 4 16384 7202 9561 1082 -1 0 102494 -1

(Sod)THIEF 4 16384 7202 9561 30530 103720 0 102494 -1

However it I cannot see why some difference in textstrings for the PC bio should affect the animation of an NPC????

Archived