Revised SCS

Demivrgvs

It would require AI changes if you want to shorten the scripts, or if you don't want to delve into detectable spells.

Couldn't you just patch the .spl files to remove the "detectable" stuff? (I.e. the 'set scripting state' and 'set proficiency' effects)

Yep, just use remove_effect ... though the AI could take kinda massive hit, if you just go overboard. And so you ought to target the specific .spl's as you don't want the mage start to vamp cause he thinks his PfMV is not sticking onto him .. if he can't see it, so he still ought to be able to do that at least. But not to Spell Trap etc spells.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Oh yeah and kreso, I finally tested the random spawn Lich and it is indeed only level 9

This time it was in Temple Ruins

Do you know what causes this, and can you fix it?

edit: weirdly enough it does have some chain contingencies prepared, but it will never cast anything above lvl 5

Edited by Daxtreme

I was coincidentally reading an old 2e module the other day, from Ravenloft, and it mentioned that low-level liches are a real thing. The module included a 10th-level lich NPC/enemy. The idea was, they are mod/level wizards serving an archlich, and he helps them convert to lichdom earlier than they would have, in exchange for their service.

As a random spawn in mid-BG2, that doesn't seem out of place...

I was coincidentally reading an old 2e module the other day, from Ravenloft, and it mentioned that low-level liches are a real thing. The module included a 10th-level lich NPC/enemy. The idea was, they are mod/level wizards serving an archlich, and he helps them convert to lichdom earlier than they would have, in exchange for their service.

As a random spawn in mid-BG2, that doesn't seem out of place...

Except that it has chain contingencies, contingencies and spell triggers loaded with spells above level 5. :p

It just can't cast anything above level 5 because it's only level 9

Updated. :)

change-log

- fixed Mulahey script

- added innate summoning for Conjurers (level 13 and below get Slimes, level 14-15 Otyugh, 16-17 Umber Hulk, 18 and above get Greater Basiliks) and Necromancer (12 and above get a few summoned undead warriors)

- lich01 hotfix - read below:

I've found what causes lich01 to be created, but - it bugs me with this is how is it even possible. I've played countless games with SCS(v30) and the random spawn lich was *always* a HLA-packed slayer of unprepared parties. Now, this might have something to do with my install options (I always use the "HLAs for every spellcaster in SoA") but I'm not convinced. :undecided: SCS should be replacing him with various instaces of other liches (dw#lichxx)..for now, the easiest way to fix this was tweaking level override file - the lich01 will now be level 25; same as other liches. It should give him a decent enough spell selection and script. Untested, but it should work.

P.S.

Conjurers in BG1 (for BGT/EET players, I can't vouch for Tutu but should work) will get Slimes.

Edited by kreso

... 18 and above get Greater Basiliks ...

This might be unfeasible, as should you know, the Basilisks don't normally attack with their ray attack, but their teeth, and for the player to control them, that's what it would mean. The ray attacks are done by their script, which the player can't assign targets for the rays .. and the petrification is usually pretty useless against high level opponents(which you should be encountering by the time your character gets to be level 18).

Well, they get whatever is in the spell - fwiw, I'd vote for some other creatures, not basilisks here (Golems, trolls, Night Hag - it can use a painted deva animation or similar?)

Anyhow, agb1 had some issues with downloading from the original link, here's the new link for latest SCS.

Edited by kreso

Summoning trolls sounds like fun!

Plus, golems can be had with Argent77's new mod that everyone will use!

Yea, but I wouldn't give them that MINHP crap.

Some kind of seriously beefed-up spider is also good imo. It would function the same as basilisk actually (holds targets via web while basilisk holds them via gaze, both have poison) and there are numerous specimens of them. I don't know if there is any so powerful to put it at level 9.

No, I mean he could be summoned by Summon Monster 9 :D

Sorry, I was following your conversation not announcing a bug! haha

edit: Are there more tweaks to come or am I ready to install everything?

Edited by Daxtreme

No, I mean he could be summoned by Summon Monster 9 :D

:p

I hope Demi will find some time to discuss this; I only tweak some code stuff with SR, not the spells or summons.

edit: Are there more tweaks to come or am I ready to install everything?

More tweaks to come. I've started to work on it yesterday; it will take a few days since what I'm doing is going on a spell-by-spell basis with an editor and coding them to work differently.

Example:

Mellisan will use a spell that works like Blade Barrier. SR makes Blade Barrier "unbreachable". Now this spell will work like that as well. I'll discuss with Demi if this spell should be like Blade Barrier your priest can cast or something else. Traps that cast Fireball require a save vs spell, which is different than what SR uses (breath) so this will be changed for consistency. Deflections will block far more spells, like AoE spells cast from traps. There are numerous such instances; I can't vouch to fix them all since every spell needs to be manually added to the code, and code has to run only of the spell is present on player's current install otherwise the installer will bug out. It's not difficult, it's just a lot of manual stuff to do that depends on how quickly I can browse the spell with editor, decide what to do with it and write down the few lines of code that tweaks it to do what I want it to do. As I said, I already started to work on this. Bit drunk, but whatever.

Refinements code will be finished (it already is actually, I've just added it yesterday altough didn't upload it yet since it's nothing gamebreaking).

And possibly some extras for SCS-SR. I've just seen Demi added Vitriolic Sphere. AI *must* use this spell. :) I can (possibly) very easily add it to a sequncer; adding it to a spellbook and making AI use it will be a bit more work (same as with Energy Drain + a bit more) which I haven't done before but there's a first time for everything. :cool: