Does anyone know the current status of the BWS?

Ser Elryk

I can't pretend to understand most of what is being discussed here. Are you guys keeping BWS up-to-date?

If so, if it matters, one of my mods has a slight chance in the install order. Might & guile component #500, formerly the last component, should now be installed first, before component 200.

I have not changed the DESIGNATED numbers, for fear of messing up BWS; I've only moved the last component to the front of the mod. And honestly it doesn't make much difference at all, so if it's problematic to effect this change in BWS, then just ignore this post.

I am not sure what the current status is. In the recent discussion some modders have attempted to *learn* some operations to update BWS, specifically for their own mods. Not sure if this is the future for BWS.

For your case it sounds like that is just exchanging the order of two components in one BWS file per game variation (since you cleverly maintained the designators).

However I do not know if I were entitled to do it. It would mean that I do the change and upload it - Alien would review and eventually accept it.

If so, if it matters, one of my mods has a slight chance in the install order. Might & guile component #500, formerly the last component, should now be installed first, before component 200.

Such small change, you can do it wia web interface:

1. Login into BitBucket using you Github account

2. For BG1EE, open BG1EE\setup.txt - link

3. Click "Edit" button at the upper-right side

4. Go to line 732 - (STD;might_and_guile;500;09;0111;)

5. Remove and move this line before 708 - (STD;might_and_guile;200;09;0111;)

6 .After modification, click blue "Commit" button

7. Repeat editing for BG2EE, BGT, IWD1EE ( ofc line numbers are different, beware that web page searching doesn't work when you are in edit file mode)

8. After each "Commit" , i will get separate Pull Request which I can accept.

I would still encore you to do it exactly like Roxanne did, just follow my posts.

Helle,

Now finally I got SoD!

So I Tried an Installation.

Only, there was no AC-Quest nor the jkits available for selection,

Blut they should be compatible !?

How can I activate them, please ?

Greetings

Lundar

Helle,

@Roxanne: How did You get RoT to install ?

It Seems it is NOT compatible ...

Greetings

Lundar

This might be helpful

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59053-region-of-terror-on-ee-eet/?hl=rot&do=findComment&comment=594879

and this

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59124-conversion-of-check-the-bodies-to-eeeet/?do=findComment&comment=593259

And it is not yet fully compatible - I use it on my EET install at the very beginning of the BG2EE part

~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // Initialise EET (first mod in install order): 1.0 RC8

~EET_CORE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Core EET (game importation): 1.0 RC8

~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies: 1.15

~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tethyr Forest Patch: 1.15

~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Trim + Fix

I did it manually while pausing the BWS for this part.

I use this install fully on my own risk, You would do the same if you follow this route. I consider this *expert* mode, so it is really up to you.

As for your other posts above, I do not think AC-quest is compatible yet, I would love to have it mayself. The other one I do not even know.

Thnx for your quick answer.

(I shouldnt try to post via ipad....)

So there is a -partial- conversion for RoT and CtB.

I didnt like CtB at all, but I miss RoT (as I do Bonehill for BG1_EE)

At least neither RoT nor CtB are required for Sandrah (any more!)

...and are you able to tell if RoT is worth the risk ?

and for my other 2 Mods: They are listed on the Compatibility list; so I expect them to be compatible....

(jkits: contains 3 Fighter kits - these kits seems to be rather rare for ee(t) ;-( )

Both CtB and RoT actually consist of multiple episodes. CtB (and leave out Candlekeep Scores) is in fact a collection of some 20 smaller or larger quests. Their quality is mixed but you can chose whatever you like and ignore the rest during play.

With RoT I see no big risk even in the current state. There is no real way it should affect the main game even if is has bugs in EET. RoT is as well a series of smaller quests, all parts are optional, you can leave it and put it aside any time you want. If you get stuck at any point you can go back to the main game plot and skip the rest.

So far the only issues I am aware of were caused by another mod interferring with RoT. Hopefully this is solved by now.

Such small change, you can do it wia web interface:

1. Login into BitBucket using you Github account

2. For BG1EE, open BG1EE\setup.txt - link

3. Click "Edit" button at the upper-right side

4. Go to line 732 - (STD;might_and_guile;500;09;0111;)

5. Remove and move this line before 708 - (STD;might_and_guile;200;09;0111;)

6 .After modification, click blue "Commit" button

7. Repeat editing for BG2EE, BGT, IWD1EE ( ofc line numbers are different, beware that web page searching doesn't work when you are in edit file mode)

8. After each "Commit" , i will get separate Pull Request which I can accept.

I would still encore you to do it exactly like Roxanne did, just follow my posts.

I can't pretend to understand most of what is being discussed here. Are you guys keeping BWS up-to-date?

I have not changed the DESIGNATED numbers, for fear of messing up BWS; I've only moved the last component to the front of the mod. And honestly it doesn't make much difference at all, so if it's problematic to effect this change in BWS, then just ignore this post.

Tried to provide the update.

For BGT it looks like the first component to install was 220 here, now changed to 500.

Made a pull request for Alien.

Tried to provide the update.

For BGT it looks like the first component to install was 220 here, now changed to 500.

Made a pull request for Alien.

Good work, subtle owns you a beer :beer:

BGT miss 200 and 205 components because they are only available to EE 2.0+

Hello,

sorry to ask again.

Is it useful to use the Gen.Biffing tool at the end ?

If I recall correctly, it ist NOT selectable in EET Installs, but should be compatible ...

The EE engine seems to gain little to non benefit from biffing the ingame resources. Unlike the old non-EE engine that got a humongous benefit from it. So far, no one has been able to show a definite benefit of biffing the EE files, while it's a fact in many mods and at least 10 mods do it themselves. And BWS removes that ... as it then uses the GenBiff at the end to get it back and to not waste a huge spawns of space that the mods do when biffing in multiple stages.

Hello,

sorry to ask again.

Is it useful to use the Gen.Biffing tool at the end ?

If I recall correctly, it ist NOT selectable in EET Installs, but should be compatible ...

There is no need for biffing in EET. Even in my large extended EET install and even in the Sandrah extensions far beyond ToB end, there were never any of the well-known symptoms we had back in BGT without biffing.

Archived