SR V4 Beta 15

No, the point is, how do you know who is the caster? If you have a PI and your caster is frozen and getting attacked, and you need the image to know when the caster is damaged... yes you can give a script to the image, but there's no way for that script to effectively detect that the caster is damaged. As far as I know.

That's why kreso suggested to get rid of the spell altogether, and I suggested replacing it with a watered-down Simulacrum. With a Simulacrum you don't have this concern of "is my PC frozen in place, am I being damaged, is there anything I can do about it?"

What do you use to cast the summon spell... cause there is such a thing as LastSummonerOf(Myself) that the script can check as the object to target the check that the caster is hurt, but that only works if the summon spell is indeed casted by the party member(or PC). Usually it's, so that shouldn't be an issue...

I use that in all my invisible creature scripts... say like it chancing a psuedo fighter PCs kit to be a Sorcerer in the vanilla game and add a kit etc, just:

IF
	Kit(LastSummonerOf(Myself),ijgrayf)
	Class(LastSummonerOf(Myself),FIGHTER)
	Global("IJ#graydragon","GLOBAL",0)
	ActionListEmpty()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ChangeClass(LastSummonerOf(Myself),SORCERER)
		ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself), AddKit(IJGRAYD))
		SetGlobal("IJ#graydragon","GLOBAL",1)
		Continue()
END

//then we do a thing that sets the global to a 2 and remove the summoned creature...

IF
    Global("IJ#graydragon","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DestroySelf()
END
Edited by Jarno Mikkola

:undecided:

I know people (people with way more skills than me) have talked about stuff like this, adding scripts or similar conditional things to images/clones, and have always come to the conclusion that it's not possible. If LastSummonerOf correctly targets the caster of Project Image, and if opcodes 82 and 265 work as you say (I've never used them before), then sure, all you need to do is add the 82 effect to PROJIMAG.SPL to set the clone's script to whatever, and add a contingency to SPWI203.SPL to use 265 to set the global variable when whatever condition is met.

Of course I don't know how .cre scripts work... do they just run once and end? In which case it would be hard to have it set a condition where it detects the global variable being set 5 rounds later. But, you know way more about that stuff than me.

Edited by subtledoctor

I have noticed two issues with SR v4beta15:

1. The mod fails to install in BGEE (with or without SoD) because of a missing resource SPIN203.SPL.

2. SR seems to reset exclusion flags of all Wild Mage related spells (SPWI124, SPWI222 and SPWI723), so that they're available for all mages and sorcerers.

Biggest thing i have noticed so far, Dispel magic priests version dispels on allies and well as enemies contrary to the description.

The priest version of Dispel Magic uses the original spell's projectile (157). It needs to be changed to 177.

Edited by Salk

Seems to be some problems, Halt undead doesn't affect skeletons and Harm doesn't seem to do 150 damage, only up to 90 magical damage. How can i fix this?

I have installed the latest Beta version (4 Beta 15).

The description of Harm mentions 90 points of Damage, not 150.

Halt Undead should work fine (I took a quick look with NI). Those skeletons should definitely be affected but consider that they can save against it (at -2).

No, the point is, how do you know who is the caster? If you have a PI and your caster is frozen and getting attacked, and you need the image to know when the caster is damaged... yes you can give a script to the image, but there's no way for that script to effectively detect that the caster is damaged. As far as I know.

That's why kreso suggested to get rid of the spell altogether, and I suggested replacing it with a watered-down Simulacrum. With a Simulacrum you don't have this concern of "is my PC frozen in place, am I being damaged, is there anything I can do about it?"

Simluacrum is bugged in beta 14 (haven't tested beta 15 yet), so unless its script got fixed, this would replace one problematic clone with another.

For now I've restored the original dispel magic, which has no problem removing PIs.

Seems to be some problems, Halt undead doesn't affect skeletons and Harm doesn't seem to do 150 damage, only up to 90 magical damage. How can i fix this?

I have installed the latest Beta version (4 Beta 15).

The description of Harm mentions 90 points of Damage, not 150.

Halt Undead should work fine (I took a quick look with NI). Those skeletons should definitely be affected but consider that they can save against it (at -2).

Ah, then it just leaves the halt spell. I've been trying to fiddle around with it in near infinity. I tried adding a global string to the other version of the halt undead as they're two version presented. SWPI3240.SPL and the same thing but with a D at the end of it. I added a missing global string to the D verison to see if it would work but i'm still not getting anything different other than they save from time to time but never become immobile.

Ah, then it just leaves the halt spell. I've been trying to fiddle around with it in near infinity. I tried adding a global string to the other version of the halt undead as they're two version presented. SWPI3240.SPL and the same thing but with a D at the end of it. I added a missing global string to the D verison to see if it would work but i'm still not getting anything different other than they save from time to time but never become immobile.

IF the SpellRev is not the only mod you have installed, the skeletons might get a immunity to the opcode you try to use... check the items they carry.

Aka, it could be wrong opcode usage. Or mismatch with undead immunities between mods...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

IF the SpellRev is not the only mod you have installed, the skeletons might get a immunity to the opcode you try to use... check the items they carry.

Aka, it could be wrong opcode usage. Or mismatch with undead immunities between mods...

How would one go about changing if that is the case? I'm not all too familiar with near infinity so a step by step would be greatly appreciated! :)

Simluacrum is bugged in beta 14 (haven't tested beta 15 yet), so unless its script got fixed, this would replace one problematic clone with another.

I posted a fix for the Simulacrum bug, it's somewhere on the Beamdog forums. I imagine you could google subtledoctor and simulacrum and fix, and you would probably find it.

And my version of Simulacrum (4 different variants, in the Tome & Blood mod) does not suffer from that bug.