[Mod] Spiritwalker - A Shaman Shapeshifter Kit for BGEE/SoD/BG2EE/EET

shaman spirit spiritwalker yak tiger crane shapeshift shapeshifter

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ulb

Ulb
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Spiritwalkers are Shamans that can use their Shamanic Dance to shapeshift into various Spirit Animal Forms. In this case the Shaman can take on the form of a Spirit Crane, a Spirit Tiger and a Spirit Yak.

6Kk0T2Z.png

Be advised that this is version 1.0 of the mod.

While I read over the files a few times and spell-checked them there may very well be some typos left. I also only tested the mod myself so far and while I couldn't find any bugs/issues there might still be some hiding in there.

As for the kit's animations which I ported from WoW (Crane, Tiger, Yak), I won't release them separately since they have no shadow animations and might not be of too much use for mods (they make great spirits though). If anyone wants to use them they are of course free to do so.

Anyway, without further due, here is the full kit description & a list of the kit's unique HLAs:

Kit Description:

Spoiler

Unique HLA's :

(Other than the ones listed the kit has access to the vanilla Shaman HLAs except for Energy Blades, Spirit Form and Favored of the Spirits)

Spoiler

Credits:

- Blizzard Entertainment for the Spirit Animal animations which I ported from World of Warcraft.

- Argent77 for his WeiDU functions and work on NearInfinity

Programms used:

- Audacity

- GIMP

- NearInfinity

- WeiDU

- WoWModelviewer

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Ulb, 28 August 2017 - 01:28 PM.

#2 Ulb

Ulb
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

Moved download to ShS. If someone knows a way to make Github take files bigger than 25 MB let me know.

#3 argent77

argent77
  • Modders
  • 734 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

GitHub should manage files bigger than 25 MB without issues. Afaik, size limit for individual project files is 100 MB, and for release packages it's 2 GB (example).

#4 Ulb

Ulb
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:07 PM

GitHub should manage files bigger than 25 MB without issues. Afaik, size limit for individual project files is 100 MB, and for release packages it's 2 GB (example).

Hm, weird.

When I tried uploading the file I got a message along the lines of "Could not upload file, try a file with less than 25mb size".

(Maybe it's because GitHub knows I'm a scrub and doesn't want me to clog up its servers with my stuff.. :p)

Will try again later, thanks Argent.

Edited by Ulb, 28 August 2017 - 11:09 PM.

#5 Ulb

Ulb
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

I forgot to properly set the animations for the polymorph effect, meaning no or wrong animations for the spirit forms are used.

I am uploading V1.1 right now but here is a hotfix that will solve the issue for V1.0 (there is no need to switch to 1.1 if you already have 1.0 installed).

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shaman, spirit, spiritwalker, yak, tiger, crane, shapeshift, shapeshifter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users