Four Weapon Slots component doesn't work on IWD:EE

As the title states, the four weapon slots component installs without error but doesn't work. This is the Steam release of IWD:EE, v2.5.17.0. edit: The component installs without error, but none of my non-fighter characters have additional weapon slots in their inventory page. My mage has 2, etc. Not in the action bar, but in the inventory page.

WeiDU.log attached, and the relevant section of the debug file is:

Install Component [Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing [Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots] [v5]
Copying and patching 1 file ...

WeiDU.log

Edited by agris

To add to the fun, it appears that one of the proficiency-altering components have completely borked my single-class dwarf berserker. He lost all profiency pips at one point during level up, and my Illusionist/Cleric was awarded 6 proficiency points when either her cleric or mage class hit levels 3 or 4.

edit: looks like I found the culprit, see post #6.

Edited by agris

What are you thinking happens with that component? All it does is give each class 4 item slots in the inventory screen. It doesn't change anything on the action bar.

I see I wasn't clear in my original post. Let me correct that:

The component installs without error, but none of my non-fighter characters have additional weapon slots in their inventory page. My mage has 2, etc. Not in the action bar, but in the inventory page.

Regarding my Berserker's weapon proficiency pips being wiped out upon level up, and my illusionist/cleric gaining 6 pips on a single level up, I've attached WEAPPROF.2da and the results of --change-log on it. I'm just guessing that WEAPPROF.2da is the relevant file, if there's another please let me know.

edit: I see the --change-log command has improved in the years since I've used it and now generates the different versions of the file. I've attached those as well. It looks like, at some point, the column headers of the 2da file were shifted to the left by one column, which results in Mage using the DESC_REF string ref for proficiency values, and all other classes using the class-to-the-left's values. This error occurs on change-log step 00003, if I'm reading this correctly (going from WEAPPROF.00002 -> 00003), which means tweaks component 2163 "Alter weapon proficiency system IWD-Style Proficiencies with Weapon Styles v5" is the culprit.

That being said, I believe I've fixed my game's proficiency problem by shifting the column header. Now to fix the weapon slots available!

edit2: Regarding 4 Weapon Slots for All. It's so strange, there's no NUMWSLOT.2DA in my override folder, despite the debug file saying it was copied and patched. The tp2 instruction is:

BEGIN @328000 DESIGNATED 3280
GROUP @4
REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~eet bgee bg2ee iwdee~ @25 // EEs (minus pstee)

COPY_EXISTING ~numwslot.2da~ ~override~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\([ %TAB%]+\)[123][ %TAB%]*$~ ~\14~
  BUT_ONLY

So it's as if the COPY_EXISTING didn't extract the 2da into the override folder. FWIW, I'm using WeiDU 246, not the bundled version.

WEAPPROF.2DA

post-3080-0-94450600-1536330807_thumb.png

WEAPPROF incremental files.7z

Edited by agris

Regarding my Berserker's weapon proficiency pips being wiped out upon level up, and my illusionist/cleric gaining 6 pips on a single level up, I've attached WEAPPROF.2da and the results of --change-log on it. I'm just guessing that WEAPPROF.2da is the relevant file, if there's another please let me know.

Pips progression is controlled by profs.2da; weapprof.2da controls where you can place them.

edit2: Regarding 4 Weapon Slots for All. It's so strange, there's no NUMWSLOT.2DA in my override folder, despite the debug file saying it was copied and patched. The tp2 instruction is:

BEGIN @328000 DESIGNATED 3280
GROUP @4
REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~eet bgee bg2ee iwdee~ @25 // EEs (minus pstee)

COPY_EXISTING ~numwslot.2da~ ~override~
  BUT_ONLY
So it's as if the COPY_EXISTING didn't extract the 2da into the override folder. FWIW, I'm using WeiDU 246, not the bundled version.

In that case it's the BUT_ONLY(_IF_IT_CHANGES) clause--nothing changed, so it didn't make a copy. This is odd, as the IWDEE file is identical to BGEE and BG2EE.

Pips progression is controlled by profs.2da; weapprof.2da controls where you can place them.

In that case it's the BUT_ONLY(_IF_IT_CHANGES) clause--nothing changed, so it didn't make a copy. This is odd, as the IWDEE file is identical to BGEE and BG2EE.

Regarding the pips: I did not have a prof.2da in my IWD:EE override folder, but adjusting the weapprof.2da column header by a column did fix my problem.

Regarding the weapon slots: I'm not sure what to tell you, the file isn't placed into override. I manually extracted it using NI and modified it myself.

I can confirm both these bugs on IWD:EE, as I re-installed the game and mods and both bugs persisted. The game was installed outside of program files/C: drive, with admin privileges, and all other mod components installed without issue.

I don't think the problem is on my side. Would you like anything else from me on this?

I think I can solve that mystery. NUMWSLOT.2DA in IWD:EE uses Windows-style line breaks, which WeiDU's regexp interpreter doesn't cover when checking for line endings ($).

To fix it, open setup-cdtweaks.tp2, go to the component's script section (around line 12290 in v5) and replace the line

by

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\([ %TAB%]+\)[123][ %TAB%%MNL%]*$~ ~\14~

I think I can solve that mystery. NUMWSLOT.2DA in IWD:EE uses Windows-style line breaks, which WeiDU's regexp interpreter doesn't cover when checking for line endings ($).

To fix it, open setup-cdtweaks.tp2, go to the component's script section (around line 12290 in v5) and replace the line

by

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\([ %TAB%]+\)[123][ %TAB%%MNL%]*$~ ~\14~

Hah, so the 2da text encoding is different across the games? That's surprising.

Any clue about the weapprofs.2da problem? This is the tp2 snippet

///// IWD Weapon profs with weapon styles              \\\\\
/////                                                  \\\\\

BEGIN @216300 DESIGNATED 2163
GROUP @9
REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT GAME_IS ~bg1 totsc iwd how totlm iwd2 pst pstee~ @25
SUBCOMPONENT @216006

OUTER_SET "tb#tutu_realloc_style" = 0
INCLUDE ~cdtweaks/lib/profs_common.tpa~
INCLUDE ~cdtweaks/lib/iwd_style_profs.tpa~
I've attached the two referenced tpa files. Maybe the code in them doesn't play well with Win1251 encoding?

profs_common.tpa

iwd_style_profs.tpa

Edited by agris

Any clue about the weapprofs.2da problem? This is the tp2 snippet

///// IWD Weapon profs without weapon styles           \\\\\

BEGIN @216400 DESIGNATED 2164
GROUP @9
REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT GAME_IS ~bg1 totsc iwd how totlm iwd2 pst pstee~ @25
SUBCOMPONENT @216006

OUTER_SET "tb#tutu_realloc_style" = 1
INCLUDE ~cdtweaks/lib/profs_common.tpa~
INCLUDE ~cdtweaks/lib/iwd_style_profs.tpa~
I've attached the two referenced tpa files. Maybe the code in them doesn't play well with Win1251 encoding?

I can see nothing out of the ordinary with that component in my game. Maybe it's triggered only in combination with other mods?

Thanks argent77, I have the weapon slot fix committed.

Still no idea why weapprof would be affecting progression.

I reinstalled all my mods minus the two RR components that also modified WEAPPROF.2da, and the column header was still formatted incorrectly from cdtweaks. In the following image, WEAPPROF.00001.2DA is after RR component 0 was installed, and weapprof.2da is after cdtweaks #2040, 2163 and 2200 were installed on top of the vanilla 2.5.17 release - not RR.

fcf5RtH.png

So I don't know what to say regarding this file modifying pips given or taken during level up, but it appears the 2da is formatted incorrectly after those three components are installed. Also in my previous post, I quoted the wrong component code - I quoted 2164 that doesn't include weapon styles, but I've installed 2163. I've fixed that in edits. I think the problem might be in the IWD + weapon styles component, where the 'SCIMITARWAKISASHININJATO' text string is removed. Perhaps the 1st column's maximum width in characters is shortened such that all text to the right of that column is shifted left - resulting in the screwed up header.

Separately, the mod component

CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3242 // Friendly Random Drops -> Exchange With Merchants: v5

Installs, but the merchant text is doubled. See the following.

ALLsCSv.png

The text file attached to this post is the change-log from the install without the RR components.

weapprof_2da change-log.txt

Edited by agris

As there's no dedicated v5 bugs thread, I'll add more here.

The glowing shields component doesn't work in IWD:EE, at least for Stoutward +1.

Also, should the rebalanced proficiency component modify the proficiency used in the item description for mod added items? Some of the RR equipment text states that the items use proficiencies that don't exist in my game, such as short bows for the Small Composite Bow +1.

Edited by agris

Another bug:

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #181 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons only: v5
Does not give potion bags their unique icons in IWD:EE. They're all the drab tan IWD icon, not the (recolored) BG2 style. Checking in NI, potion cases do all have unique icons.

I think this is due to the existence of both bags and cases in IWD:EE's files. I'm not sure cases are actually populated in the IWD game world, they might be leftover items from the other EE releases. The potion bags are PTNBG01 - 10.itm, which it doesn't look like the tpa code looks for in either unique_containers or unique_containers_default.

The component is working for scroll cases and gem bags, though.

Suggestion: if potion cases don't exist within IWD, make this component swap all the cases icons for the bag icons.

Separately, is the mod component "Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors" default behavior for the unmodded 2.5 version of the EEs? I don't have this component installed, yet non-magical items such as shields are using my characters' colors. I put in a request in the tweaks suggestions thread to let us revert this behavior, which I'm assuming is default EE behavior since I didn't install the component.

edit: it also looks like unique_containers_fixes.tpa only acts on PTNBG01.STO, and not 02 - 10. As all the .STOs have >32000 spaces, I went ahead and updated the tpa code to include them and attached it to this post.

edit2: looking at the unique_containers_default.tpa, I *think* the problem is that the *.ITM names for the potion bags aren't correct for IWD. The tpa uses bbpbag# where # = 1-9, while it should be PTNBG01 - 10. As I don't quite follow how the icon names are being assigned to items in unique_containers.tpa, I don't feel comfortable changing the code.

unique_containers_fixes.tpa

Edited by agris