EET Mod Install Order Guide (WIP)

I've also read that there are two kinds of GUI mods, overwriting and patching.

And overwriting ones must be installed really early.

For patching gui mods, I'm less clear. After all, gui patching mods include stratagems (inn/camp provisions) TOF (class redispatch), SD_spell_tweaks (I don't remember all by I think identify and contingencies) and things like ui tweaks and HiddenGameplayOptions.

Where those should be installed... varies too much to generalize.

This has been a big help for me!  I just wanted to report a probable incompatibility:  Shadow Magic and Tome & Blood don't seem to play very nicely together regardless of which comes first, especially when it pertains to sorcerers/shadow disciples. 

With Shadow Magic first, sorcerers can choose from all  arcane spells including shadow which is normally not allowed.  Shadow casters have access to their correct spells as normal, as far as I can tell, and their sorcerer equivalent, the shadow disciple, works normally.  Spell memorization seems to work fine via the Tome & Blood method of choosing spells through that innate ability you get.  In previous versions of Shadow Magic, apparently this order worked fine, but does not appear to anymore. 

If you install Shadow Magic second, the shadow sorcerer equivalent, Shadow Disciple, does not work at all and you have no way to give them new spells because Tome & Blood's memorization system does not kick in for them.  However, regular sorcerers are offered their correct spells instead of being offered all arcane spells including the shadow ones.  You can at least play the shadow adept (mage) with the proper spell offerings this way, however. 

So, I'm getting started on using this excel sheet as a BWP Guide replacement of sorts. What I don't really understand from the get-go: Where is the actual install order recommendation? I assume it's the default numbering, but then The Stone of Askavar appears as no. 7 despite being noted to "install after" DSotSC, which appears only at no. 81.

On 7/20/2024 at 9:56 AM, Isewein said:

So, I'm getting started on using this excel sheet as a BWP Guide replacement of sorts. What I don't really understand from the get-go: Where is the actual install order recommendation? I assume it's the default numbering, but then The Stone of Askavar appears as no. 7 despite being noted to "install after" DSotSC, which appears only at no. 81.

I'm not 100% sure that the list is finalized.  There are some really strange things in the list for me too.  For instance, Tweak mods appear to be installed before SCS which doesn't make sense to me.  In my last attempt, I had tried to install SCS' "Improved NPC Customization" after EET_End as recommended, and my install went haywire.  

In my last install, I followed everything up to the last part, and my game works but there are lots of strange bugs everywhere.  For instance, whenever I pick up a new cleric NPC, their spellbook is empty.  Journal is updating strangely too.  Going to have to make another run at it.

16 minutes ago, Holden said:

I'm not 100% sure that the list is finalized.  There are some really strange things in the list for me too.  For instance, Tweak mods appear to be installed before SCS which doesn't make sense to me. 

I always install aTweaks (but not PnP creatures), Tweaks Anthology and Artisan's Houserule Tweaks before SCS. The only tweak I install after SCS is EET Tweaks.

SCS wants to be installed as late as possible. 

Sorry for the late reply, but could you elaborate on why you install EET Tweaks after SCS?

Also, do you or anyone else happen to know the reason why "Improved NPC Customization" component in SCS is installed after EET_End?  My install always hangs when I try it.  Is there perhaps a conflict with "TOB Style NPCs" in ATweaks?

1 hour ago, Holden said:

Sorry for the late reply, but could you elaborate on why you install EET Tweaks after SCS?

Also, do you or anyone else happen to know the reason why "Improved NPC Customization" component in SCS is installed after EET_End?  My install always hangs when I try it.  Is there perhaps a conflict with "TOB Style NPCs" in ATweaks?

Because I use mainly EET Tweaks for XP reduction, and I want new foes from SCS to be affected too.

Improved NPC customization doesn't work properly if installed before EET End.

Yes, Improved NPC customization should not be used with ToB style NPC from TA. A general rule is to not install two mods doing similar things.