Baldurs Gate Graphical Overhaul BGGO for EET, BGT (Tutu, BGEE)

Guest the_sextein
7 hours ago, Weigo said:

Thanks for all the information, I'll take a closer look after my vacation. Have you installed Lure of Sirines Call? If you have the old version installed, then that would explain the strange colors of the sea 

No I'm not using that mod on this install.  I could see the tile squares in a few sections and the colors looked blocky and banded.  I don't know why turning off extended night fixed it but it did.  Enjoy your vacation and thanks again for all of the work that you have put into this great mod.

Hello, MikeX!

On 8/5/2024 at 11:20 PM, MikeX said:

If you don't mind to have a look:
BGT area AR6717 (a house in Beregost, with NPC Borland) also has inapprobriate flags set.

I may be mistaken but perhaps this in the file BG3317_are.tpa:

WRITE_BYTE 0x48 0x00

should be:

WRITE_BYTE 0x48 THIS & `BIT0

Please feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong.

16 hours ago, Salk said:

Hello, MikeX!

I may be mistaken but perhaps this in the file BG3317_are.tpa:

WRITE_BYTE 0x48 0x00

should be:

WRITE_BYTE 0x48 THIS & `BIT0

Please feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong.

WRITE_BYTE 0x48 0x00 is ok (=indoor area), actually it should be WRITE_SHORT since the flags cover a word/2 bytes but it does not matter in this case. No, the upper byte should be left alone...

It looks like BG3317_are.tpa is not being called and/or the changes made by this are overwritten afterwards. By a brief look, I could not figure it out.

I did a change log on ar6717.are and before bggo the flags are set correctly: Changed log wrong file, ar6717.are has Flag 'Outdoors' set before bggo...

Spoiler

Mods affecting AR6716.ARE:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~BGT\BGT.TP2~ 4 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogie - Hauptteilv1.23.1
00001:  ~BGGO\BGGO.TP2~ 0 0 // BGGO for EET, BGT, BGEE, BG2EE, ToB and Tutuv3.1

Edited by MikeX
3 hours ago, Salk said:

That's strange because after I installed BGT 1.23.1 that area (AR6717) is flagged incorrectly as "outdoor," so I understand why BGGO wanted to remedy that.

You are right, the flag 'Outdoors' is already set by BGT 1.23.1. This is carried over from oBG1/TotSC.
Yes, BGGO tries to remedy this in BG3317_are.tpa, but ultimately failed and instead sets the additional 3 flags as well.

Weigo,

the issue reported by MikeX has to do with the fact that BGT imports a BG area that has an incorrect area flag (Outdoors). BGT does not correct this bug so when BGGO checks for Outdoors areas here:

// Extended night & creatures sleep at night
            COPY_EXISTING ~%are2%.are~ ~override~
            PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x11b BEGIN // Valid size check
                PATCH_IF (((BYTE_AT 0x48) << 7) & BIT7) BEGIN // Toggle only outdoor areas
                    WRITE_BYTE 0x48 (THIS | BIT6 | BIT1 | BIT2) // Toggle extended night flag (BIT6) and day/night flag (BIT1) and weather flag (BIT2)
                    GET_OFFSET_ARRAY actors 0x54 4 0x58 2 0 0 0x110        // turn off creatures at night time
                    PHP_EACH actors AS i => off BEGIN
                        READ_ASCII off + 0x80 cre_resref
                        TO_LOWER cre_resref
                        PATCH_IF VARIABLE_IS_SET $turn_off_at_night("%cre_resref%") BEGIN
                            WRITE_LONG off + 0x40 0x1ffe0 // 05:30 to 17:29
                        END
                    END
                    GET_OFFSET_ARRAY animations 0xb0 4 0xac 4 0 0 0x4c    // turn off animations at night time
                    PHP_EACH animations AS i => off BEGIN
                        READ_ASCII off + 0x0028 animation
                        TO_UPPER animation
                        PATCH_IF VARIABLE_IS_SET $turn_off_anim_at_night("%animation%") BEGIN
                            WRITE_LONG off+0x34 0x00
                        END

END
                END
                PATCH_IF FILE_EXISTS ~%MOD_FOLDER%/base/are_patch/%are%_are.tpa~ BEGIN // add animation for braziers, candles ...
                    PATCH_INCLUDE ~%MOD_FOLDER%/base/are_patch/%are%_are.tpa~
                END
            END
            BUT_ONLY

It patches that area as if it was an Outdoors area. BGGO fixes the wrong flag in the BG3317_are.tpa file but it is then too late because the code above runs before it.

I reported the bug to the BGT Forum and I'm sure the next BGT version won't cause this problem anymore. In the meantime, I guess BGGO can add an exception for that area or possibly apply the area patches first.

Cheers!

Guest the_sextein

Just a heads up on the Baldur's Gate E map BD0112.  This is an SOD map and It's meant to play at night time no matter what time of day it is.  I think the mod "Another fine hell" may have altered this part of the game but I have no idea if it's responsible for any problems that have shown up.    If you go during day hours it will be dark out because beamdog intended it to be night for the cutscene of you returning to mass crowds at night after you have defeated the  main boss of SOD.  If you go at night it will crash.  It's currently set to day/night with extended night enabled.  Turning off extended night will avoid a crash at night but it will remove the lighting on this map if it's actually night time.  It will play out fine if you visit this during the day.(Meaning it will look like night time with proper lighting and no crash).  Turning off day/night in the .ARE forces it to play at night time with proper lighting even if it's technically day time which avoids the crash and the lack of light.  This is with an EET install that includes Black Hearts, Gorgans eye, endless Baldur's Gate and Another Fine Hell mod with SCS.

Hello people, first of all thanks for all the work on this wonderful mod.

I'm just writing to report and confirm that there are 2 serious bugs in Siege of Dragonspear expansion if we install this mod.

I have tested with an BGEE+SoD installation in which I only have the DLC Merger, the SoD spanish translation, the spanish voices pack and BGGO (v3.1). Nothing else.

- The first bug, you can't continue after being arrested after killing Skie and you can't go to the next zone to be judged in Baldur's Gate city.

20240824075028_1.thumb.jpg.991df1ee9887c4a54f5d787d8a67551a.jpg

- The second bug, is right near the end of the expansion when you have escaped from prison and Imoen and several companions are waiting for you. Before you start the scene with the shadow thieves the game crashes.

20240824075319_1.thumb.jpg.f91913b28b5cd99fe77aab50d7add16a.jpg

I wish I could help but my only knowledge of infinity engine is with text translations. I am happy to provide more information if needed. Best wishes with the project.

Edited by ElGamerViejuno
On 8/9/2024 at 4:33 PM, Salk said:

Weigo,

the issue reported by MikeX has to do with the fact that BGT imports a BG area that has an incorrect area flag (Outdoors). BGT does not correct this bug so when BGGO checks for Outdoors areas here:

// Extended night & creatures sleep at night
            COPY_EXISTING ~%are2%.are~ ~override~
            PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x11b BEGIN // Valid size check
                PATCH_IF (((BYTE_AT 0x48) << 7) & BIT7) BEGIN // Toggle only outdoor areas
                    WRITE_BYTE 0x48 (THIS | BIT6 | BIT1 | BIT2) // Toggle extended night flag (BIT6) and day/night flag (BIT1) and weather flag (BIT2)
                    GET_OFFSET_ARRAY actors 0x54 4 0x58 2 0 0 0x110        // turn off creatures at night time
                    PHP_EACH actors AS i => off BEGIN
                        READ_ASCII off + 0x80 cre_resref
                        TO_LOWER cre_resref
                        PATCH_IF VARIABLE_IS_SET $turn_off_at_night("%cre_resref%") BEGIN
                            WRITE_LONG off + 0x40 0x1ffe0 // 05:30 to 17:29
                        END
                    END
                    GET_OFFSET_ARRAY animations 0xb0 4 0xac 4 0 0 0x4c    // turn off animations at night time
                    PHP_EACH animations AS i => off BEGIN
                        READ_ASCII off + 0x0028 animation
                        TO_UPPER animation
                        PATCH_IF VARIABLE_IS_SET $turn_off_anim_at_night("%animation%") BEGIN
                            WRITE_LONG off+0x34 0x00
                        END

END
                END
                PATCH_IF FILE_EXISTS ~%MOD_FOLDER%/base/are_patch/%are%_are.tpa~ BEGIN // add animation for braziers, candles ...
                    PATCH_INCLUDE ~%MOD_FOLDER%/base/are_patch/%are%_are.tpa~
                END
            END
            BUT_ONLY

It patches that area as if it was an Outdoors area. BGGO fixes the wrong flag in the BG3317_are.tpa file but it is then too late because the code above runs before it.

I reported the bug to the BGT Forum and I'm sure the next BGT version won't cause this problem anymore. In the meantime, I guess BGGO can add an exception for that area or possibly apply the area patches first.

Cheers!

I'm back from my holiday.

@Salk
The code changes every outdoor area into an extended night map.
But the BG3317_are,tpa patch file is always executed afterwards if it is present. Therefore it should reset the flag back to indoor.

I have installed this again, both EET + BGGO and BGT + BGGO and in the end it was always an indoor map.

The problem is similar with the two maps BD0112 and BD0035, which should only take place at night and there I used the same method to set the flags correctly again in the respective xxx_are.tpa files.

// Wrong area flag, changes to not day/night map, because it's always night
	WRITE_BYTE 0x48 0b00001101

@Neuf55551

The lighthouse area works perfectly for me in both EET + BGGO and BGT + BGGO.

Lighthousearea.thumb.jpg.de6a5e1ea3aee98a5bc91eee733bf504.jpg

maybe some file for the extended night is missing. Here is the list

BG3600N.wed
BG3600N.tis
BG3600LN.bmp
BG3600N.mos

additionally the
BG3600SR.bmp
BG3600.HT.BMP
should be in the same bif or all in the override folder.

3 hours ago, ElGamerViejuno said:

- The first bug, you can't continue after being arrested after killing Skie and you can't go to the next zone to be judged in Baldur's Gate city.

Is the following map is it BD0112?  Then the problem above should already be solved.

3 hours ago, ElGamerViejuno said:

The second bug, is right near the end of the expansion when you have escaped from prison and Imoen and several companions are waiting for you. Before you start the scene with the shadow thieves the game crashes.

Here, too, it was a problem with the right flag. I created the BD6100_are.tpa with the flag correction.