RoyalProtector's Tweaks (ZSTweaks)

9 minutes ago, Connelly said:

It shows as a duplicate of Component 1581 "Make Hawksight's description unique and add a minor power to it", instead of its own component 1582

Will fix, thanks.

9 minutes ago, Connelly said:

MiH Item Pack's Miscellaneous Item Improvements makes it usable by paladins and rangers. Probably compatible, not that those classes would need the extra physical resistance?

Huh, I didn't notice it was that restricted. Paladins and rangers have access to Shield of Faith, so they have a potential 25% dmg resistance. Except of course Inquisitors, who have no access to spells. 

Posted (edited)

Forgot to mention the other new component:

• Make Shaman's Spirit Fire slightly more powerful: This makes the damage of this spell scale better: it deals 1d4+1/level, up to 12d4+12 magic damage (24-60 damage). Additionally, the 33% Doom effect no longer requires a saving throw, it's based on probability only.
Edited by RoyalProtector

Sorry, another issue with the Vexation component. It complains about not recognizing the a7_auto_apply_spl_effect function. I solved it by copypasting the line:
INCLUDE ~ZSTweaks/libs/zs_patch_spells.tpa~
into the component's code.

Updated now to 1.1.8

Fixes

• Fixed Peridan passive not applying correctly
  • Code reorganization which should hopefully eliminate future forgotten library includes and other silly mistakes
  • Fixed small syntax errors that could prevent a few tweaks from being implemented correctly

New components

• Make Cleric's staff more unique and actually benefit clerics
  • Make Mana bow more magical and more deadly against arcane casters
Posted (edited)

Updated now to 1.1.9

Fixes

• Made some components less destructive by using better code & functions
  • Tiny optimizations
  • Fixed improper string comparisons in some components that could cause problems
  • Acid Etched Dagger component will now take into account general dagger improvements if those are installed first
  • Fixed Shadow Dragon Armor not applying the Save vs. Illusion spell bonus
  • Fixed minor issue with descriptions in Thieves Hood tweak
  • Fixed nonsensical description bit in the unupgraded helm of the rock which was a copy-paste leftover
  • Fixed Healing spells component not affecting IWDEE healing spell at all
  • Fixed improper way of assigning weapon appearance to Sword of Lordly Might +3 in Rod of Might component, as well as incorrect extra fire damage
  • Fixed Warblade tweak component pointing to Lilarcor instead of the Warblade
  • Fixed Warblade tweak not applying the Barbarian-only benefits at all
  • Fixed Flame of the North troll bonus not applied correctly
  • Fixed Spear of Withering component not having an updated description
  • Fixed Usuno's Blade tweak not improving the probabilities of extra electrical damage
  • Fixed missing Spectral Brand updated description
  • Removed code that would create warnings on Spectral brand component needlessly
  • Fixed Wail of Banshee tweak not applying resist/dispel value in one of the effects
  • Fixed Robes Tweak adding a universal saving throw bonus instead of just adding one for Spell
  • Fixed Goodberry regeneration being permanent until death unintentionally
  • Fixed incorrect description set to Grease spell in the related tweak
  • Fixed missing new description in Taralash component
  • Fixed missing resource files for Taralash's extra damage against some creatures

Modifications

• NPC gear tweaks will automatically apply the "Remove unnecessary stat restrictions in NPC gear" component if it applies to them
  • Stiletto of Demarchess component also improves critical hit chances by 5% with the dagger
  • Shadow Dragon Component also improves saves against Necromancy
  • Dagger of the Star tweak also makes the dagger inflict +1 fire and electricity damage per hit
  • Haer'Dalis gear component also restores the usability only for tieflings in Chaos which was missing originally

New components

• Make Azuredge act properly as a +3 weapon
  • Make Nalia's ring slightly more powerful
  • Make Corthala family blade more powerful and more effective against wizards
  • Remove unnecessary stat restrictions in NPC gear

Edited by RoyalProtector
Posted (edited)

Updated now to 1.2.0

Fixes

• Installer has better feedback on some components
  • Tiny optimizations
  • Fixed incorrect writing of new enchantment level for Fire Seeds component
  • Fixed general two-handed sword/katana component possibly not working correctly
  • Fixed Hindo's Doom weapon name visible if not identified
  • Fixed syntax issue in Sword of Mask tweak
  • Fixed missing description updates for Taralash

New components

• Make Cloak of the Sewers also protect against poison
  • Make Montolio's Cloak grant a damage and thac0 bonus to rangers
  • Make Kachiko's Wakizashi substantially more unique in description and improve it
  • Make Sandthief ring in BGEE work as in BG2EE (one use per day)
Edited by RoyalProtector

The Azuredge component took me by surprise. I thought it was already working as a proper +3.

I also see in the code that you're now checking if your Shadowdancer Overhaul being installed. Any other mod we should be checking now for order?

(173 components by now. This is Tweaks Anthology numbers, just saying.)

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Connelly said:

I also see in the code that you're now checking if your Shadowdancer Overhaul being installed. Any other mod we should be checking now for order?

The only other mod that is checked for is Lava's Shades of the Sword Coast. Kit mods and Quest mods should be installed before Tweak mods, in any event (as a rule of thumb). So yes, this mod should be installed after those. 

3 hours ago, Connelly said:

(173 components by now. This is Tweaks Anthology numbers, just saying.)

Oh, really? I thought I was already far above their numbers. I still have about 20 more components I want to add. I'll probably let it be after. It's possible at some point I'll divide the mod into smaller mods, or provide some other grouping method to install faster, though it's not my priority... I'm at peace with the fact that the modding part before my playthrough will take some time 😛 (though the components all install nigh-instantaneously in any event)

I'm also thinking of adding tweaks for other mod's files, and creature files. For example, I'm thinking of making planetars radiate a minor-globe-of-invulnerability effect on party members, much like they do in NWN2 (i.e. immunity to levels 1 to 3).

Edited by RoyalProtector

Nah, TA I think has about 360~ components if not more.

35 minutes ago, RoyalProtector said:

I'm also thinking of adding tweaks for other mod's files, and creature files. For example, I'm thinking of making planetars radiate a minor-globe-of-invulnerability effect on party members, much like they do in NWN2 (i.e. immunity to levels 1 to 3).

That may be interesting. I know Graion had in his Random Tweaks a component to give the basilisk sprites from Infinity Animations to the MiH dracolisk.

10 minutes ago, Connelly said:

The Azuredge component took me by surprise. I thought it was already working as a proper +3.

I have seen strange things in my modding journey, I can tell you that much. Some other oddities and bizarreness that I've found, which surprised me the most include:

• Peridan doesn't really do double damage to dragons. Most weapons that speak of extra damage to things don't do what you would expect.
  • The Equalizer hits exactly as a hard as an unenchanted long sword. 
  • Glyph of Warding stops improving after level 18. Phantom Blade does the same. 
  • Flame Blade lasts for a very short time in BG compared to IWD 🤷‍♀️
  • It's possible to dispel a rogue's evasive maneuvers and Assasination power (let's call it natural skill) using Breach.
  • Hold Person for priests is less powerful than the wizard's version of the same spell
  • Fire Seeds bypass all magical protections against weapons (except PfMW), because they are set to behave as a +6 weapon, and Absolute Immunity protects up to +5 (that's some immunity alright). This is true of Melf's Minute Meteors too, I kinda forgot about this item because SCS addresses this (or did, anyway).
  • Cloak of Fear works drastically differently in IWDEE, where it is indeed a persisting cloak of fear, whereas in BG is a one-off Horror spell centered on the caster 🤷‍♀️
  • Finger of death is much more damaging in the priest version
  • Comet is always a worse version than Dragon Breath... it doesn't even bypass magic resistance. Somebody hated this spell methinks
  • Horrid Wilting's description is lying to you. Plants couldn't care less about it.
  • BGEE's Imp familiar is the only one with 9 HP instead of 12, and thus makes it the worst option for health-increasing benefits.
  • Potions can be stacked infinitely. Tactics such as "chug potions of crushing ac" to survive demogorgon exist for a reason. Completely broken.
  • NPC gear having very specific stat requirements, which means mods changing NPC stats need to care about their items.
  • Backstab on-hit effects granted by items are never specific of the weapon -- so if you hold Vexation on the left hand, and perform a backstab with a club on the right hand, all that stuff about how the blade has "scales that irritate the wound", will still apply.
  • Time Stop's duration is never accurate. My Shadowdancer mod had to do some juggling to make sure the ability is usable and more reliable as an offensive backstab preparation move.
  • And more

It's a good thing these games are so good and comforting.  🥲

Posted (edited)

Updated now to 1.2.1

Fixes

• Opened up some components that were mistakenly not allowed for bgee
  • Opened up some components that were mistakenly not allowed for bg2ee

Modifications

• Opened up some modifications for bg2ee, in case said items exist via mods (such as those that import SoD items)
  • Crown of Lies tweak also inflicts a susceptibility to Illusion magic and a -20% penalty to Detect Illusions
  • Crown of Lies tweak adds 2 spell slot bonus to level 4 (instead of only to level 3) to compensate slightly more for the penalties

New components

• Make all ioun stones and circlets protect against critical hits. Options:
    •  Affect all
    •  Only affect selected items
    •  Only affect ioun stones
    •   Only affect circlets
  • Make several basic ioun stones and circlets a bit more interesting or powerful
  • Make Bracers of Blinding's Improved Haste effect last 1 turn and improve speed passively
  • Make Xarrnous's Second Sword Arm (and SoD's version) also add +1 damage (lesser Legacy of the Masters)
  • Make The Dale's Protector slightly more powerful and open to all classes
  • Make Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization improve THAC0 by 2 and open to all classes
  • Make The Eyes of Truth add a bonus to detect illusions and traps
  • Make Stalker Gauntlets also benefit Bounty Hunters
Edited by RoyalProtector

Since Azuredge has the +3 enchantment level - it can definitely hit iron golems and the like - I take it your component there is about the attack and damage bonus? A nonmagical throwing axe is better than unmodified Azuredge unless either the enemy is undead or the enemy needs magical+ weapons to hit.