Discussion [split from "Discussion of tipun’s IWD mods and their integration in EET games"]

Guest the_sextein

Guest the_sextein

If I'm being totally honest, I don't really care if a new version of IWDEET is ever released because my install is literally flawless and I have no need for further improvement beyond what has been done in the last release combined with my fixes.  If you try to fix over 500 backdrops by hand this problem will never be fixed officially.  Progress requires change and being stubborn about it won't help anyone.

Guest the_sextein

I don't wish to argue about it either.  New mods require testing and this one is in beta.  I just supplied an upload that fixes all problems with zero side effects.  You are free to use it or fix everything again over some PVRZ file names that don't make any difference.  It's up to you guys and it doesn't matter to me because my install of the game has no problems left to fix.

Guest the_sextein

BTW my first release of the fixed backdrops was buggy and I self reported it and fixed it.  After that you uploaded it to the github version and new problems were reported in BG2.  I fixed those within 1 hour of it being reported and I have personally went over every single backdrop from BG1, TOTSC, BG2, TOB, SOD, IWD, HOW, IWD2, and TOTLM with BGGO and Neverwinter in Baldur's gate installed and about 200 other mods and I have zero problems to report.  The fix I provided could have been included in a new update to the IWDEE beta and all would have been fine.  Taking us back 3 years and throwing it all away over a minor issue that I fixed quickly is why I'm in disagreement with you.  The purpose of a beta is to constantly work on it and improve it while allowing people to test it and report on it.  This sort of problem is exactly why a beta exists. 

I'm glad that you are not mad at me but there is no reason to blame yourself either.  Your first release of NWN in EET had missing water effects but that was no reason to trash all of the work you had done and start over.  Everyone has problems with bugs that they need to work out.  That's what I just did.  I'm just shocked that you pissed it all away over something so minor.  I made these fixes for myself but of course I would like it if I could help others to fix their game up as well.  It makes the long hours I spent working on it more worthwhile.

My suggestion to you is install my fix pack and test it.  Have an open mind and give it a chance.  If you find any problems with it then we can talk about fixing them.  If the team working on this gives it a shot and finds it to be solid then include it in later releases of IWDEET.  If not, it will always be available here for download and I'm not going to be upset about it but I do stand by my fixes and will continue to use them until someone else on your team does the same thing with the same results and finally updates the mod with these fixes.

Guest the_sextein, why not make a proper account on here Gibberlings, seems kind of weird that you're are on here about this issue like this, sharing your fix and all, but don't want to make a real account, so your like contactable easily.

I feel that's what SillyJohn was on about, and it make the communication flow easier if there is a bug in your fix, as honestly typing to you now with being to even do @, I ain't sure when you see the responses.

Maybe you had a previous account on here with Unpleasant history with users, but you can just make a new account, or something.

Guest ShittyJohn

This an an unofficial and unsupported mod that is technically illegal.  My files are no more unverified than IWDEET itself.  However my files produce superior results

Progress requires change and being stubborn about it won't help anyone.

I had actually thought the project was abandoned because it had been so long with no improvements.

If I'm being totally honest, I don't really care if a new version of IWDEET is ever released

Taking us back 3 years and throwing it all away over a minor issue that I fixed quickly is why I'm in disagreement with you.

My suggestion to you is install my fix pack and test it.  Have an open mind and give it a chance.

This conversation is definitly over...

You can do whatever you want, but I will not use any of your "assets" in this mod because you are unreliable.

If player want to use the content of your override and screw their game, good for them.

You are not providing fixes, but throw files everywhere without explanation and you expect us to go through it to verify everything...

It makes the long hours I spent working on it more worthwhile.

You have no idea what it is to spent long hours working on a mod to see someone like you come and give us a lecture judging the work we've done, and brag about how much better his is.

I take this opportunity to quote a bit of what Endarire send in private message to a lot of people.

I hosted the mods that I did on GitHub mostly for stability.  I don’t try to claim authorship of these mods and apologize if this seemed misleading.  I encourage any active authors or maintainers of mods I hosted on my GitHub account or personal storage to host their mods on their GitHub accounts if they’re interested.  For mods that are hosted by a community such as Black Wyrm Lair, Gibberlings3, or Spellhold Studios, I recommend that someone in charge of their respective repositories ports the relevant mods to these official places.
I lived through many Infinity Engine-related sites going down over the past year or so as of this writing (2022-2023) and seek a stable place to keep them for years or decades to come.
I also know that I am neither the first nor the only person to put others’ mods on GitHub for posterity.  For example, JohnBob did this when he updated Paladins of Faerun and Black Hearts, and Graion Dilach did this when he updated Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters.  GwendolyneFreddy did this to preserve the RPG Dungeon Item Pack as well without updating it to EE or EET compatibility like he frequently did with other mods (BuTcHeRy, Alora NPC for BGII).  This is in addition to the SHS Mod Resurrections section where, for example, Austin and Gwen updated Saradas Magic II to EE & EET compatibility after I asked Austin to do so.
We’re at a point in history where people in general have cared a lot about games preservation and relying on individuals to continue to indefinitely pay hosting feels to host their mods simply won’t last, especially when free solutions like GitHub are easily available!

It seem that Endarire "works" and "updates" are at the same level that Gwendolyne, GraionDilach or in a lesser mesure myself...

I've come here to share with you, and I think I've done so, seriously, honestly and respectfully. In return, I received lies, cancelled work and, above all, indifference.

G3 forum and its members have done everything they can to disgust me from modding.

Thanks !

2 hours ago, Guest ShittyJohn said:

G3 forum and its members have done everything they can to disgust me from modding.

Thanks !

No worries, you are working hard on taking fun out of reading here in return.

Well done!

Guest the_sextein
12 hours ago, DraikenWeAre said:

Guest the_sextein, why not make a proper account on here Gibberlings, seems kind of weird that you're are on here about this issue like this, sharing your fix and all, but don't want to make a real account, so your like contactable easily.

I feel that's what SillyJohn was on about, and it make the communication flow easier if there is a bug in your fix, as honestly typing to you now with being to even do @, I ain't sure when you see the responses.

Maybe you had a previous account on here with Unpleasant history with users, but you can just make a new account, or something.

I don't have a history on here beyond this year.  I think I did set up an account at one point and simply forgot what it was.  I may consider starting a new one but I don't feel that there is any conversations that need to be had privately regarding my opinions of mods.  The fix pack I made may change things.

Guest the_sextein
9 hours ago, Guest ShittyJohn said:

This conversation is definitly over...

You can do whatever you want, but I will not use any of your "assets" in this mod because you are unreliable.

If player want to use the content of your override and screw their game, good for them.

You are not providing fixes, but throw files everywhere without explanation and you expect us to go through it to verify everything...

You have no idea what it is to spent long hours working on a mod to see someone like you come and give us a lecture judging the work we've done, and brag about how much better his is.

I take this opportunity to quote a bit of what Endarire send in private message to a lot of people.

It seem that Endarire "works" and "updates" are at the same level that Gwendolyne, GraionDilach or in a lesser mesure myself...

I've come here to share with you, and I think I've done so, seriously, honestly and respectfully. In return, I received lies, cancelled work and, above all, indifference.

Thanks !

Hi,  My last update was unorganized because it was meant for an easy install for average users.  I still have a very organized file structure for keeping track of what I changed from each game if needed.  As I said before, my game needs no further fixes and my pack was made for me.  I have shared it with the community for fans of the mod that would like to fix these problems.  My mod won't screw anyone's install. One oversight led to a quick fix that took me less than one hour and I see no further problems with my work. 

I respect Tipun and the work he did on IWDEET.  I also have no interest in causing problems for the development team.  If you are intolerant of a single oversight from an older version of my fix pack and don't want to use it then that is up to you. If you are offended that I fixed all of the graphical problems that remained untouched for 3 years after release then I don't know what to say.  I guess you will just have to get over it.

Guest the_sextein it's fine, while I found you not having an account but interacting a lot much(according to my subjective perspective) kinda awkward, I actually misinterpreted ShittyJohn's issue with you to be that he was suspicious of a person not having an account but posting a lot of files for people to download. 

I didn't know his issue was somthing far more deeper cultivated in his mind and spread out to the gibberlings community as a whole.

Now I sorta understand (but not really grasp) his grievance, I see there's nothing that can be done to satiate his antagonistic feelings.

And so it is, what it is I guess.

Thanks for all the help you given on addressing these issue with IWD_in_EET regardless, I've downloaded your latest fix .rar but not yet implemented it due to trying to solve another issue (the whole ETC2 compression thing for android you saw me disscuss with Weigo).

I hope of another if I disfover an issue with your fix, you'll be easily available to contact.

Guest ShatteredJohn

Thanks Jastey, I see you're able to say something against someone when it matters most.

I'll post this message to clarify the situation...

I'm having a very bad time with the community in general and every interactions ends in complications. It's probably my fault because I'm sensitive, but when people are honest and kind, there's no problem.

Yesterday I spent 8 hours in a row correcting the problems created by Guest_The_Sextein, and you saw his pretentious and disrespectful responses.

When I arrived here, it was made clear to me that respecting the work of others and the implicit rules of modding was very important.

Apparently it's okay for him to take over the mod without passing by the author or maintainer... Fine.

Yes, I can hardly contain my nerves...

But if you can't see what it's like to be taken for a fool by so many people, too bad, that's why I avoid interacting with anyone as much as possible and yet it still happen...

I don't think I will come back again.

Farewell.

Guest the_sextein

You cried a river over a mod that is in a beta state having some bugs.  25 files were affected by an oversight that caused 5 backdrops to display incorrectly.  You were provided a fix that takes 2 seconds to install but instead spent 8 hours reinserting hundreds of buggy backdrops and animations by removing the fixes out of pure stubbornness.  You got what you deserved.  You are right about one thing, you are very sensitive and I would suggest going out and touching grass.  I stated facts and I'm not sorry if you are upset about it.  I created a fix pack to improve the experience and gave my ok for Tipun to use it if he wanted to. That's all that I did and their was nothing disrespectful about it.  It's not my fault that you feel like a territorial dog that had it's territory invaded because someone uploaded an earlier version of the fixes to github. I was NOT the one who uploaded it onto github.  You must forget that your mod is stolen property in the first place and you don't own it.  Like every modding community people can make their own additions and fix packs and make them available to the public.   Anomaly mod for the Stalker game series for example. There a are literally thousands of mods and fix packs for the Anomaly mod available to the public and nobody from the Anomaly team is crying about it.

There was nothing disrespectful about my remarks they were simply facts.  I stated that IWDEET had hundreds of animation bugs that had not been fixed for 3 years and that the mod sat in a dead state with Tipun having stopped work on it for a long hiatus.  I fixed the problems and all is well for those of us that want to fix our games.  The only one that made a fool out of you on here is you.  This is the third time that the conversation is over and farewell.  Hopefully you stick to your plan this time because none of us care about your childish tantrums.

Guest ShatteredJohn

Not gonna involve myself in the actual argument, but just want to say:

On 10/7/2024 at 12:17 PM, Guest ShatteredJohn said:

It's probably my fault because I'm sensitive, but when people are honest and kind,

Being Honest and Kind are not Synonymous. Honestly they don't go together, no matter how much one might want to make a cake out of those ingredients.

They don't mix as well as people want.

Second, you're sensitive, so you're talking out of your feelings.

Feelings as a drive is what leads to action.

But Feelings as a "control" of action or in your case, a "control" of how your reasoning is just the inception to delusion.

None of this matters, all of this is just a pass time, people modding about a game and sharing files online, it's all just human courtesy in how everyone interacts with everyone else.

But when it comes to the intergral aspect of our Human psyche, none of us really care about or even know each other or our lives or stories.

Nobody thinks about you when they go to sleep or wake up in the morning.

So you mentioning your sensitivity, all you did is mention your weakness to a room of random strangers who feel nothing for you.

Sextein said "go out and touch grass", I wouldn't say such as it's sounds too internet commen to be taken seriously at this point.

But I will say, you're spoilt if all this is what is getting to you emotionally, with you using those emotions as justification for this whole argumentation.

On 10/7/2024 at 2:01 AM, DraikenWeAre said:

Guest the_sextein it's fine, while I found you not having an account but interacting a lot much(according to my subjective perspective) kinda awkward, I actually misinterpreted ShittyJohn's issue with you to be that he was suspicious of a person not having an account but posting a lot of files for people to download. 

I didn't know his issue was somthing far more deeper cultivated in his mind and spread out to the gibberlings community as a whole.

Now I sorta understand (but not really grasp) his grievance, I see there's nothing that can be done to satiate his antagonistic feelings.

And so it is, what it is I guess.

Thanks for all the help you given on addressing these issue with IWD_in_EET regardless, I've downloaded your latest fix .rar but not yet implemented it due to trying to solve another issue (the whole ETC2 compression thing for android you saw me disscuss with Weigo).

I hope of another if I disfover an issue with your fix, you'll be easily available to contact.

I dug around and found my old account.  Apparently it's been here for a few years.  I've been visiting here for a very long time but didn't sign up until the message board started to be a problem for me.  After a while I stopped caring and would simply not sign in and wait a day for my replies to load up haha.     Took a couple tries but I remembered my old password so I should be logged in every time I come to the site from now on.  If you want to message me if you run into any issues then let me know in the main thread or leave me a PM.  Thanks.

Edited by the_sextein

@the_sexteinI appreciate the effort. (I know how it is remembering a a password from years back, can be a hassle)

Personally I just give myself email linked updates for what I care about on here. My email, is only for things that matter to me overall, no unnecessary clutter, so it's easier to notice for me.

Will defiantly be in touch if I notice any issues.

Guest John

I post here to not pollute further Subtledoctor thread.

@jastey, I would have appreciated it if you had pointed out to the guest that his approach was not correct. I am always willing to help and always listen when people want to propose something.

Asking for explanation, method and some time to test a fix is the right approach for a maintenair and unfortunatly you implicitly validate is attitude while moderating my answer.

Also what happen here with guest the sextein, has probably given morpheus enough confidence to going forward with is meanness and try to evicte me from the french community.

It could be funny if it wasn't so sad...

@CamDawg, just for fun, because I had mentionned you that morpheus has registered on the french forum to apply pressure and here it is.

@Acifer, I know you didn't ask for it but morpheus use your work to blackmail again a whole community.

I'm still sorry that G3 admins didn't want pointing out that this kind of behavior is not encouraged. I understand that it is implicit, but an official position might have been helpful.

As I've already told you, Morpheus regularly continues to provoke and try to impress people who have worked with me, You might not seeing but... he never stops.